resident evil 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 newhenpal
Member since 2005 • 2159 Posts
this 'no more zombies' thing in recent re games has already gotten old.I will be flamed for not letting the game 'evolve' but there is a difference between innovating a series and completely changing what made it what it was.the good that came out of re4 is of course a 3d world, new camera angle, and better shotting mechanics,very innovative for the series and verywelcomed for the games. but you can't really call it a a resident evil game without the things that made the games what they were like zombies, and lots of puzzles, investigating, without those things you could take out leon and ada, call it The Spanish Terror and noone would notice.Its like taking out bowser,peach,pipes, and mushrooms from mario games, it ain't right.Who agrees??
Avatar image for deactivated-5855efbca02a1
deactivated-5855efbca02a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 deactivated-5855efbca02a1
Member since 2005 • 9341 Posts
I totally agree. All of the PS RE's were better than 4 (Except Survivor). I have thought the same way you have when you talked about renaming the title. It could'vegot away with it, if itwasn't for the minor RE details. The reason I liked the PS RE's so much is because of what RE4 didn't have. Zombies, exploring, investigating and most importantly of all; puzzles. I just hope RE5 fixes these issues.
MISTER-PRINCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MISTER-PRINCE
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

Are you real? :roll:

DidyourealyplayedtheRE4frombeginingtoend?

Thegameisverygoodandtheoldhistoryweretoopissedof.CAPCOMtrytorebuildthehistoryputingnewelements,likeanewvirus (parasite)that can control the zombies making then half dead half live, through this way was possible to insert new abilities to the zombies like talk, run, clinb stairs and use weapons.

Alsotheshooting abilitis are very good, because you can shoot legs, foots and heads, and accordin to the hit point, the enemys suffer a diferent reaction.

Ithinkisbetteryoureplaythegameagainandtakealookonthenewfeatures and the minigames inside RE4,theyarealsochallenging!

see ya! 8)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 1407
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
i though too that RE4 has good only the story and the style for shooting, but it needed someting else, the puzzle are fundamental in a RE game, the exploration and investigation too, not just passing thru each level like a plataform game and finish it fast, we need more action, lets see if they see are complains.:P
Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts

this 'no more zombies' thing in recent re games has already gotten old.newhenpal

After one game? :|

I'm sure we'll see zombies again some time in the future. However, I think a parasite controlled maniac running at you with a chainsaw is pretty scary.

xLonexWolfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xLonexWolfx
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Honestly, I like the new direction of the RE games. I like the more action orientated, fast paced style. I will admit that RE4 wasn't as freaky as RE1 or the old RE games (though getting your head lopped off for the first time makes you jump pretty bad), I still loved the game. Don't get me wrong, the old games are all time classics, but imo, change is good (most of the time). Personally, I can't wait for RE5 to come out. It's looking awesome
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Are you real? :roll:

DidyourealyplayedtheRE4frombeginingtoend?

Thegameisverygoodandtheoldhistoryweretoopissedof.CAPCOMtrytorebuildthehistoryputingnewelements,likeanewvirus (parasite)that can control the zombies making then half dead half live, through this way was possible to insert new abilities to the zombies like talk, run, clinb stairs and use weapons.

Alsotheshooting abilitis are very good, because you can shoot legs, foots and heads, and accordin to the hit point, the enemys suffer a diferent reaction.

Ithinkisbetteryoureplaythegameagainandtakealookonthenewfeatures and the minigames inside RE4,theyarealsochallenging!

see ya! 8)

MISTER-PRINCE

Look at your keyboard. You looking at it? Obviously not if you're reading this. Anyway, look at it. You see that really big key at the bottom with no markings on it? That thing is called a "space bar". Use it.

Back on topic, I agree with the TC. RE4 lacked a lot of traditional RE elements. The only story elements that came out of it to link it to the rest of the series could only be found on the PS2 version in the Ada's Report cinematic. It also just didn't feel like an RE game. No zombies, no viruses mutating everything from people to plants, no recently zombified locales filled with good documents that lent a lot to the atmosphere and story, just herbs, typewriters, and two characters from previous games (with a quick mention of one other). The game wasn't even scary, just intense.

All that said though its easy to see why this change had to be made. You can't have the fast-paced, lead filled action of RE4 with zombies. Zombies move to slow so with the better control scheme, camera, and the fact that you become a one-man army in the game would make the game too easy. The RE4 style gameplay requires faster, more agile, more intelligent enemies. Of course, Capcom could have just filled the game with crimson heads and hunters and the like, or better yet, introduced a new virus that made somewhat smarter zombies, or just have modeled the series around the way Silent Hill presents its games, and thus preserved the elements that made the series what it is. Point being, while there is a solid defense for why the series is going down the path that it is, there were a lot of ways that Capcom could have done things differently and still preserved the horror and plot aspects of the series that got it so many fans in the first place.

I still have my hopes up though that the enemies in the next game are people infected by Las Plagas infected with the G-virus. That would be nice, though honestly I don't see it happening.

xLonexWolfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xLonexWolfx

[QUOTE="newhenpal"]this 'no more zombies' thing in recent re games has already gotten old.Foolio1

After one game? :|

I'm sure we'll see zombies again some time in the future. However, I think a parasite controlled maniac running at you with a chainsaw is pretty scary.

For sure. That freaked me out really bad the first time I played the game. Esspecially when I thought I had gotten to saftey for a minute when I shut the door on him, but to my surpirse he just chopped the freakin door down too... That was great lol

Cyax_Aries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cyax_Aries

I thought RE4 was pretty awsome, for a multitude a paths you could take, little cut scenes you find and certain areas when you backtrack. But yea, the puzzle area was lacking. THe puzzels were so easy and the most of them envolved fliping things. I miss finding important clues along the game in order to pass through the puzzle.

But RE5.. what can I say I'm exited. But I was disapointed with the trailer they let out. I was expecting a little more than a guy standing around and jumping back and forth. But I can't blame them, since i have no idea how far along the game they are. I just hope they dont have that blow their heads off and out comes a tentacle thing that kills you in one hit. I hate those guys.

Link_tha_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Link_tha_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts
Chuck Norris is our god
Built

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Built
Member since 2003 • 794 Posts

personally i dont care how dey make it...
most of u want more ivestigation and stuff almost like silent hill, or fatal frame..
some of u also like it as how re4 is, platform and sort of straight through da level sort of theme..

honestly i dont care how dey do it, i love da silent hilll series and re4 is on my list ofbest games played..
as long as dey can provide a solid story, decent weapons and lots of half dead things to kill.. im gonab all over it!!

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#12 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
I totally agree with you and don't worry there are alot of users here who agree with everything you said in your post:) Although I prefered RE classic gameplay and I miss the sense of exploration and puzzle-solving from the past RE games but I also like RE4. I wish they combine both first person and third person when controlling your characters in future RE games just like mgs games and make the settings worth visiting not only just there for shooting.
dcoope3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dcoope3
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts

Honestly, I like the new direction of the RE games. I like the more action orientated, fast paced style. I will admit that RE4 wasn't as freaky as RE1 or the old RE games (though getting your head lopped off for the first time makes you jump pretty bad), I still loved the game. Don't get me wrong, the old games are all time classics, but imo, change is good (most of the time). Personally, I can't wait for RE5 to come out. It's looking awesomexLonexWolfx

I totally agree with you. I at first was ticked off with CAPCOM, but once I saw RE4 and played the crap out of it. I'm glad they chose that direction. If you want zombies, get Dead Rising. RE has always been about conspiracies and viruses at it's core. Yes, it features zombies, but people should be excited because the mother virus was found in Africa, and look where the setting is. The originally RE gameplay is old and has been done to death. Capcom knew this, and this is the new direction. The sales of RE4 prove that this was a great direction to go. So please enough of these threads. If you slower paced gameplay with more puzzles, go play Silent Hill and Obscure.

newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 newhenpal

[QUOTE="xLonexWolfx"]Honestly, I like the new direction of the RE games. I like the more action orientated, fast paced style. I will admit that RE4 wasn't as freaky as RE1 or the old RE games (though getting your head lopped off for the first time makes you jump pretty bad), I still loved the game. Don't get me wrong, the old games are all time classics, but imo, change is good (most of the time). Personally, I can't wait for RE5 to come out. It's looking awesomedcoope3

I totally agree with you. I at first was ticked off with CAPCOM, but once I saw RE4 and played the crap out of it. I'm glad they chose that direction. If you want zombies, get Dead Rising. RE has always been about conspiracies and viruses at it's core. Yes, it features zombies, but people should be excited because the mother virus was found in Africa, and look where the setting is. The originally RE gameplay is old and has been done to death. Capcom knew this, and this is the new direction. The sales of RE4 prove that this was a great direction to go. So please enough of these threads. If you slower paced gameplay with more puzzles, go play Silent Hill and Obscure.

The problem is that they took almost everything that made resident evil, resident evil.They didn't just change gameplay they took the core of what the series is about once again its like the mario thing I talked about. I don't see how capcom couldn't just make faster smarter(in combat) zombies, who use stealth to try and take you down.Talk more about umbrella and how their viruses still spread and maybe how it fell(in detail) once again more puzzles and maybe finding clues to the games story.But with all these things you can still make the game diffrent from the rest like setting it in africa and in the daylight with the gameplay from re4, this way it can be both new yet familiar. You can't just tell gamers who have played and loved the re series for what it was and have come to expect some of these elements in future games to just leave and go play silent hill, what the hell is that?

dcoope3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dcoope3
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts
[QUOTE="dcoope3"]

[QUOTE="xLonexWolfx"]Honestly, I like the new direction of the RE games. I like the more action orientated, fast paced style. I will admit that RE4 wasn't as freaky as RE1 or the old RE games (though getting your head lopped off for the first time makes you jump pretty bad), I still loved the game. Don't get me wrong, the old games are all time classics, but imo, change is good (most of the time). Personally, I can't wait for RE5 to come out. It's looking awesomenewhenpal

The problem is that they took almost everything that made resident evil, resident evil.They didn't just change gameplay they took the core of what the series is about once again its like the mario thing I talked about. I don't see how capcom couldn't just make faster smarter(in combat) zombies, who use stealth to try and take you down.Talk more about umbrella and how their viruses still spread and maybe how it fell(in detail) once again more puzzles and maybe finding clues to the games story.But with all these things you can still make the game diffrent from the rest like setting it in africa and in the daylight with the gameplay from re4, this way it can be both new yet familiar. You can't just tell gamers who have played and loved the re series for what it was and have come to expect some of these elements in future games to just leave and go play silent hill, what the hell is that?

As far as the story, we don't know anything concrete. It has to deal with Umbrella. I mean it features Chris Redfield. I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions. Wait until July 26 (when the new trailer hits to make an opinion). We don't know what Capcom has for us. They could certainly include more puzzles. However, this game is more action oriented so pacing is more important. It would be interesting to see. As far as the zombies. they were infected by a virus. Who knows what these people are infected by? But anyway, we just have to wait and see. As far as my comments about playing other games, series have to evolve, whether we like it or not. RE 4 still sold a lot regardless and that's what matters to Capcom in the end.

newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 newhenpal

sorry for randomly posting again but...

Final fantasy has been an rpg for over 15 years, should it become an fps because of this? no. instead in ff12 they kept the things that are common in ff games( story, chocobos, rpg elements,etc.) BUT they changed the system to real time, THAT is a game that evolved a series gracefully, not unlike re4 that took the resident evil out or resident evil, they did keep some things like...guns, typewriters, herbs....humans, yeah.It really felt like an over extended epilouge( After the racoon insident leon became a gov. agent...) Hopefully re5 fixes this, and from the looks of it the 'not-zombies' actually act like 'not-zombies' unlike the ganados who walked nice and slow so you could get some headshots and waited a second to attack when they got near you.

WhoAmIAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 WhoAmIAgain
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts
OH please, write in a language we can all read, just one huge word which wastes peoples lives. sure your right and all, because zombies are boring.
newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 newhenpal

OH please, write in a language we can all read, just one huge word which wastes peoples lives. sure your right and all, because zombies are boring.WhoAmIAgain

I think you're the one who is wasting your life by typing that post :roll: