a_a_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By a_a_ron
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

Does the idea of renting a video game console before buying it appeal to you? Why and why not? And if you currently rent a video game console, what do you like/dislike about it?

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2  Edited By csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

As a kid, I always wanted to that, when we went to Blockbuster, but my parents would rarely let me due to the cost ($20 or so iirc). I think they let you rent one game free with a system, but I can't remember.

Renting systems is a great way to figure out if you like it before you ask for one as a kid. These days, with online subscriptions and giant patches, I'm not sure if renting a system is practical. Can you still rent consoles?

Renting a VR headset might be a great choice in the future if Gamefly or something ever does it.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

I would rather go to a "gaming bar", to try a console.

Sit down on a couch and play some multiplayer games. Get served drinks and stuff.

Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

Well, many years ago, my brother and I put our money together and rented a Nintendo 64 for two days. The only game we rented was Mortal Kombat Trilogy. At the time, we were HUGE Mortal Kombat fans. Ah, the memories. I don't know how that would be done today, but I think it would be good to bring back the console renting feature again. It could help determine which console is right, for you.