'renderdevicedx11.cpp error' Patch for Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2 remake?

Samystergates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Samystergates
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

Are there ever going to be any fix/patch for these both games?

Tried almost everything to avoid this error but it keeps popping up..

renderdevicedx11.cpp

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

I have both on P.C. and PS4, they run and perform fantastic. The only issue is the P.C. port of Resi2 involving the knife exploit with FPS. Outside of that I've only read people have issue when installing mods.

Can you give context to your problem with the games, I'm assuming on P.C.

Does the application close and a notification give you that "renderdevicedx11cpp-error" message?

If so, have you considered checking the Steam community page for people experiencing the same issue.

Samystergates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Samystergates

@RSM-HQ: Yes it is for PC and this is the full error => "renderdevice dx11.cpp" 5042 createComputeShader failed. HRESULT=0x80070057, parameter incorrect." That is i'm getting upon launching the game..

It shows a black screen, this error pops up and crashes the game! this is happening only with these 2 games all other older and newer games are working fine..

Since i've also heard somewhere that these 2 games use same engine so i was wondering if they are going to release any patch to solve this issue cause i see it everywhere on internet just for these 2 games! people are doing different fixes to make them work but none of those solutions have worked for me yet

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@samystergates: Yeah, they both use what is dubbed the RE Engine.

Hmm, you may want to see what programs your computer is running in the background and if that causes the issue. I am using Windows 10; haven't really had any issues running the games personally. Though may be worth noting it's recommended to at least have i7/ AMD FXâ„¢-9590 and 8GB RAM, operator seems to function with W7,8.1,9, and 10.

Suppose many aspects could be factored for the P.C. platform but maybe worth checking that link above and see if anyone has asked about a similar/ same issue with a quick fix. Here is another link about playback issues if that's any help to you.

Capcom rarely address P.C. stability issues they consider 'self fixing' so would be surprised if they added a patch for your particular issue. It may just be worth seeing who has found a way around the issue.

Samystergates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Samystergates

@RSM-HQ: My cpu and gpu meets the minimum requirements but guess i'll just keep trying all kinda fixes including the link you've posted.. Until get my hands on ps4 that's where consoles get a +point! dont have to deal with these random errors. Thanks anyway

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I would suggest reinstalling your video drivers for your gpu as well as reinstalling the games if the first option doesn’t fix things.