RE4 difference between NGC and PS2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 _IronManDude_
Member since 2008 • 1595 Posts
There's a discount store down the road from me, and they just got a new shipment of PS2 games. I bought Midnight Club 3 Dub Remix and MGS2 today, and I might get another one soon. I was thinking of getting either RE4 or Star Wars Battlefront. Now, I may someday get a Wii and play some NGC classics, so I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy RE4 for the Wii or the PS2. What are the differences that warrant an "Only For GameCube" label on the NGC copy? And, yes, I said N-G-C. Not G-C-N, nor simply G-C. It was a N.intendo G.ameC.ube.
beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 beefdog
Member since 2004 • 9185 Posts
Re4 looks better on the gamecube and also runs better due to the faster hardware.
joe11king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 joe11king
Member since 2005 • 879 Posts

Re4 looks better on the gamecube and also runs better due to the faster hardware.beefdog

also, has better cutscenes that render in real-time. the PS2 has crappy pre-rendered scenes which seriously lack in quality. but then again the PS2 has more features than the NCG version. if i were you i would get the gamecube version because of how much better quality it is but this is coming from someone who has all four versions of the game =) (yes, four. NGC, PS2, Wii, crappy PC port)

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Mostly graphic differences. The cutscenes in the GC version are done using the ingame engine unlike the PS2 version. Also, you'll have more number of enemies, trees and various other things in the GC version. Also, load times are shorter in the GC version along with faster "laying" of eggs by chickens. Ya, chickens lay eggs faster in the GC version.

But the PS2 version has Separate ways included as bonus for PS2 owners. The Wii version is actually the best version to own IMHO.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 374

#5 Uncanny_Doom
Member since 2009 • 314 Posts
I personally find the Gamecube controller to handle the gameplay much better than the PS2 pad as well, though that may just be me. Overall both the GCN and PS2 version of the game ARE worth owning if you end up enjoying the base game and gameplay that much. I had the GCN version on launch and bought the PS2 version for the extra content, and was satisfied completely.
grimmhxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grimmhxc
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I say get the Gamecube version. reason being, that version is the best by far. The PS2 version is visually lacking, however, it has more modes. I just picked up a new version of the game Today in fact, Gamestop has it new for $9.99. I would not recommend the Wii version, because it is a port of the PS2 version and the controls are annoying. Either way, you should rent them if you can so you can form your own opinion.
Rath3rDashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Rath3rDashing
Member since 2006 • 1509 Posts
Dude get the Wii version lol, its basicly the ps2 version with the gamecubes graphics, so the best of both worlds. Its one of the few games i have enjoyed on the wii. I guess since u dont have a wii though the cube version is the way to go
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
The GC version has better graphics, and the PS2 version has some extra content. The WIi version has the graphics of the GC version with all the extra content of the PS2 version and better controls. Get the Wii version. The GC version says "only for GC" on the label because when it was released it was supposed to be exclusive to that system.
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
the GC version is far superior.
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
i'm on board with "get the wii version" as well. i thought that the controls on both the gamecube and the ps2 were annoying, the cursor and analog didn't respond well together for me. the wii is just "point and shoot the bastard". much more fun in my opinion. and yeah, the reason for that little purple flap is that it came out on the gamecube exclusively when it launched... the ps2 version came out like a year later.