RE fans, rejoice! RE6 coming out October 2nd, not November 20th!

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Link

Capcom has revised the release date for Resident Evil 6 from November 20 to October 2. The new, earlier date was announced at Capcom's annual Captivate showcase event, where executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi said the decision was based on positive fan reaction to January's announcement trailer for the game, in which the originally intended November release date was revealed.

The enthusiastic reception for the trailer made Capcom want to get the game into players' hands earlier, says Kobayashi-san, so it proposed to the development team the idea of bringing the game out ahead of the original schedule. Capcom has around 600 people working on Resident Evil 6, it says, with 150 of those in-house staff.

The new launch date at the start of October also means Resident Evil 6 will beat most of 2012's big autumn releases (such as Assassin's Creed III and BioShock Infinite) to market.

The globe-trotting new Resident Evil will take place in the US and a fictional Eastern European country, with China as the main location, and stars series stalwarts Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield, plus cynical mercenary Jake Muller, son of one Albert Wesker. For more details, see our first impressions of Resident Evil 6.

Gamespot

Time for you RE maniacs to rejoice!

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

I just want to know what going to be in the special edition so I can give Capcom my money.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
If I could do a backflip I so would. GOTY for sure, can't wait.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
A 600 man development team? If that not's a record, it must be close. RE6 looks like a great action game, so I'll pick it up provided it doesn't have forced co-op with a brain dead AI partner like RE5 did.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44363 Posts
Sweet. More then a month sooner then first thought. Me likey. I too would also like to know what the Collector's Edition may contain even though I'll probably buy it regardless.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Gears of War: Raccoon City.

I think i'm getting a bit pumped at this.

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

I will definately not be buying this. After announcing all future RE games would be action oriented I lost interest. I know it will probably be a good action game, but that just is not what I want out of RE. The only thing that gives me hope is that they released RE:R, which is closer to the game I am looking for. It seems RE:R was a success, so maybe there is still hope for the survival horror aspect of the games.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GodModeEnabled

I will definately not be buying this. After announcing all future RE games would be action oriented I lost interest. I know it will probably be a good action game, but that just is not what I want out of RE. The only thing that gives me hope is that they released RE:R, which is closer to the game I am looking for. It seems RE:R was a success, so maybe there is still hope for the survival horror aspect of the games.

LJChronx
The series has been this way since part four though, seven years ago. Part five was a bigger and better four.... i'm not sure where the surprise is here. The series was dying until they revitalized it. Survival horror is very niche. I love the genre too, but things evolve for a reason.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

call of evil yay:roll:

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#10 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="LJChronx"]

GodModeEnabled

The series has been this way since part four though, seven years ago. Part five was a bigger and better four.... i'm not sure where the surprise is here. The series was dying until they revitalized it. Survival horror is very niche. I love the genre too, but things evolve for a reason.

Even then, there have always been glimpses of action in the RE series. Virtually every one of them ending with you having to escape from something self destructing comes to mind.

Look at RE3 though. If you played it on Hard, you had the traditional RE. If you played it on Normal, however, like most people probably did, you started off with a ton of weapons and ammo. That, and Jill had her dodge mechanic that made boss fights quick and action-y. And there's a boss fight with a helicopter.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

wish i could be excited but i did not like the only cod sells mentality the developer has stated several times.

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

[QUOTE="LJChronx"]

GodModeEnabled

No Sh*t. I know when the series started to do this. RE4 was a great game, as it mixed the two elements together (Just as RE:R does), but it did signal the beginning of the end for the traditional RE gameplay. RE5 was not a bigger and better RE4. It was a complete action game and the official end of the RE series, as we know it. I know things evolve for a reason (money in this case), but its not always for the better. Sure it may sell well, but its just another action game in the endless sea of action games. Too bad...

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Metamania

Finally got home from work, here we go...

EDIUCEUOIHBCIUECGIECUKSDVKUVKUYAGU!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WOWOWOWOWOOWOWWOW!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

OCTOBER 2ND!!!!!!!

Chris vs Leon!!!!!

Choose your character like RE2!!!!!!!!

Sherry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dvader654

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I KNEW you would be excited. :)

megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

almasdeathchild

Oh, how witty.

All of these whiners need to stop being stuck in the past.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
"Albert Wesker was a collossal imbecil" THANK YOU. I've been saying that for 17 years. Now, about the other characters, don't make me wait another 17 years.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
This game looks really good... Cant wait to give capcom my money! Looks wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than re5 (which i enjoyed) and no daytime missions LOL
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
I enjoyed the first third of RE5 so I'm sure this will offer a few hours of fun.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
Doesn't look too hot, but I'll buy it to complete my collection.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

Conspiracy theory: They were able to bump down the release date because they decided to half finish something, lock it on the disc, and will sell it later as DLC a week before christmas.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GodModeEnabled
Did someone say you can choose your character again?!?! Like in part 2? OMGOMGOMGOMG RE2l;kf;jk1j1k1jm1kl111! 1'2 df ss
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

megadeth1117

Oh, how witty.

In the words of capcom"we want to go tho cod route cause that's what rolls in the money" if you want it tps fine but don't turn it into a mindless shooter resident evil was a name that ment something not something in a toilet
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"][QUOTE="megadeth1117"]

Oh, how witty.

dvader654

In the words of capcom"we want to go tho cod route cause that's what rolls in the money" if you want it tps fine but don't turn it into a mindless shooter resident evil was a name that ment something not something in a toilet

You go ahead and think that way, me and like 6 million other people will buy RE6. Resident Evil is as big as it has ever been. You can thank RE4 for that.

the only thing i have to thank RE4 is being the start of a series downfall to appeal to the masses

and you already know my stance on it

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ilovegames1992

megadeth1117

Oh, how witty.

It is genuinely annoying that the greatest survival horror series of all time has turned into a third person shooter to be honest.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Metamania

I just want to know what going to be in the special edition so I can give Capcom my money.

Yusuke420

$1, 240 RE6 Platnium Edition

How's that for a special edition? Only available in Japan though...

pinoyrepn1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pinoyrepn1124
Member since 2005 • 292 Posts

Woohooo !!!! . . Now if only they would announce a Wii U version !

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="LJChronx"]

GodModeEnabled

i re read that 5 times thinking i read wrong apparently i didnt.....

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I watched the trailer yesterday and the game doesn't distinguish itself in any way - just looks like every other shooter out there. I'm not even remotely interested in this whole "Buy our game because it's exactly like the last five games you played." thing.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="LJChronx"]

almasdeathchild

Posting all the pictures in the world doesn't make your elitist snarky opinion the correct one you simpering jackass. You go ahead and pine for the days of the old resident evil, when it was relevant...TEN YEARS AGO.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Day 1 buy, God I love that series, currently destroying RE4 "HD" on the 360. The new trailer looks awesome too.

megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] The series has been this way since part four though, seven years ago. Part five was a bigger and better four.... i'm not sure where the surprise is here. The series was dying until they revitalized it. Survival horror is very niche. I love the genre too, but things evolve for a reason.GodModeEnabled

Posting all the pictures in the world doesn't make your elitist snarky opinion the correct one you simpering jackass. You go ahead and pine for the days of the old resident evil, when it was relevant...TEN YEARS AGO.

Exactly, I actually can't believe there are still people out there who believe the first three RE games hold up.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#35 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

megadeth1117

Exactly, I actually can't believe there are still people out there who believe the first three RE games hold up.

And they do enjoy looking down on us "gamers" who enjoy the new ones more, oh how they look down.

CDuG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CDuG
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

megadeth1117

Oh, how witty.

Amen brother.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

[QUOTE="megadeth1117"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] Posting all the pictures in the world doesn't make your elitist snarky opinion the correct one you simpering jackass. You go ahead and pine for the days of the old resident evil, when it was relevant...TEN YEARS AGO.immortality20

And they do enjoy looking down on us "gamers" who enjoy the new ones more, oh how they look down.

Every RE since 2 has had a very heavy emphasis on action.

I was unhappy with RE5 not because it was action heavy, but because of the forced co-op and the fact that guys couldn't move and shoot. As I said at the time of RE5's release, Dead Space boasted the control scheme RE5 should have had. Yes, that limitation was present in RE4 and was acceptable then, but the world had moved on, it was a shame RE5 didn't.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ilovegames1992

What gets me is how series like Resi Evil don't come under the same scrutiny as CoD.

Definite favouritism going on.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] The series has been this way since part four though, seven years ago. Part five was a bigger and better four.... i'm not sure where the surprise is here. The series was dying until they revitalized it. Survival horror is very niche. I love the genre too, but things evolve for a reason.GodModeEnabled

hell yeah screw game genres, they should all make cod copies because thats what sells.

seriously gtfo

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Krelian-co

What gets me is how series like Resi Evil don't come under the same scrutiny as CoD.

Definite favouritism going on.

Ilovegames1992

why should it mr ignorant? as far as i know they dont make yearly releases with the same over and over.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="immortality20"]

[QUOTE="megadeth1117"]

CarnageHeart

Every RE since 2 has had a very heavy emphasis on action.

I was unhappy with RE5 not because it was action heavy, but because of the forced co-op and the fact that guys couldn't move and shoot. As I said at the time of RE5's release, Dead Space boasted the control scheme RE5 should have had. Yes, that limitation was present in RE4 and was acceptable then, but the world had moved on, it was a shame RE5 didn't.

re 3 and 4 was a bit more focused on action but with the creepy feel.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GodModeEnabled
hell yeah screw game genres, they should all make cod copies because thats what sells.Krelian-co
RE4 and 5 are cod copies now? Do you even have any idea what you are talking about? COD wasn't even a thing back when RE4 was out (maybe COD1 was out by then?) and part 5 has nothing to in common with it either.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Let's also make clear that just because Resident Evil now has an action focus, doesn't make it Call of Duty. I'm really interested in the drop in, drop out co-op because that means if you want to have a solo experience you can, but for those of us that loved the co-op in 5 can have that experience as well. It sounds like the best of both worlds.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

I'm a bit happy that its releasing sooner but I'll wait for more info. The trailer makes RE6 look more action focused than RE5, I wanted them to go back RE4 st yle ; I hope they do and please no co-op save that for another campaign , away from the main one. It ruined Gears of War 3, and RE5 in a way.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Quick question; is Resident Evil still being written by the original writers?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Archangel3371
Also on May 22 Dragon's Dogma comes out which gives purchasers access to RE6 demo. :D
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Also on May 22 Dragon's Dogma comes out which gives purchasers access to RE6 demo. :DArchangel3371

I'm not buying a game for a demo unless I'm interested on it. I read that the demo won't be available until July or August though.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Also on May 22 Dragon's Dogma comes out which gives purchasers access to RE6 demo. :DD3s7rUc71oN

I'm not buying a game for a demo unless I'm interested on it. I read that the demo won't be available until July or August though.

I wouldn't buy a game I wasn't interested in just for a demo either but thankfully I'm very interested in DD so the RE6 demo is certainly an awesome bonus. I was thinking that the demo wouldn't be ready at the same time. Oh well.
Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

I heard today that RE6 supposedly has a 30 hour campaign, and since it's Capcom that probably means that once you reach the midpoint of the game a message will come up saying you must pay $20 to continue playing.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#50 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I reckon they changed the date because there's been rumors that Grand Theft Auto V might be released between October/November