PS2 Hidden Gem by Sega, Blood will Tell

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr-bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr-bomb
Member since 2012 • 51 Posts
 Blood will Tell is Segas finest example and attempt at a full on Action hack and slash game and I think many of you should go out and look for this gem. Even cheap online before it has another price spike. so let me talk about a little of the game since the cover won't make most people decide to but the game itself. Also better than other HnS competition at the time. The Story is about a boy who was born and his father sold off his body parts to some paying demons and gangs for power. Later on the boys body parts where replaced by machinery, which has him on a quest to fight for justice. Hyakkimaru, the boy, later as he is older meets a thief who is like 10 years old, and they work together to kill off the baddies that took his body parts. You do get weaker as you replace your mech parts with your normal body parts as you play. This is usually not in games and done decently in this one. Although you do get skills you otherwise could not use, and certain items and weapons are more powerful. Not to mention more responsive. The game is a slash adventure with high amounts of RPG related elements, but focuses on combo moves, or chains, and side-powers, and it's not exactly easy, it gets tough as you go on, especially as you gain your human parts back. But it's not extremely unfair, it has a fiar learning curve, you'll get a hang of it. Can't say too much more without spoiler, but the game is great, has a solid story with a bit of cheesey dialogue, and strategically planning out your attack set-up. For those who have played this game what do you think? Gameplay footage includes-
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Thanks ^^ I never knew the name but I always recalled a title with a samurai who had a sword for an arm and leg. Will hunt down soon.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
I remember reading about this years and years ago and being interested in it but I totally forgot about it and never heard of it again till now. I think I might have seen it on X-play as well back in the day.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#4 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
I have it, it's not a perfect game, it can get pretty repetitive and dull at times, but it is still one of my favourite less known games on the PS2, I'm almost done with the main story, but I still need to replay some levels for some missing body arts.
Mr-bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr-bomb
Member since 2012 • 51 Posts
I have it, it's not a perfect game, it can get pretty repetitive and dull at times, but it is still one of my favourite less known games on the PS2, I'm almost done with the main story, but I still need to replay some levels for some missing body arts.Dudersaper
So are you saying you just got it recently?
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
edit
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dudersaper
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]I have it, it's not a perfect game, it can get pretty repetitive and dull at times, but it is still one of my favourite less known games on the PS2, I'm almost done with the main story, but I still need to replay some levels for some missing body arts.Mr-bomb
So are you saying you just got it recently?

Why do you say that? And is it relevent? But no, I've had it for a while, but I'm always on and off it, since I can't really spend too many hours on it since as I said, it can get pretty repetitive and dull after a while, and sometimes a level may be just too challenging for me to feel like playing more after getting through it. It's not bad by any means, it's just that little issue I have with it.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

If I had a top 5 PS2 games I want really bad right now, this would be in it. Hell, here it is:

1. Yakuza 2

2. Blood Will Tell

3. Mega Man 10th Anniversary Collection

4. Okami

5. .Hack Quarentine

wackoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 wackoss
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts
I like looking for and playing these low profile games. I tend to complete and enjoy them more than higher scored games. I remember Blood Will Tell kept my attention for the most part and I played it straight through. On the other hand I kind of have a hard time with Capcom games like Onimusha 3 and 4. Maybe it's the difficulty and that the characters/story kind of suck. Then it's always a struggle to start playing where I left off because I have to relearn the moves/timing, etc. Other games I liked: Haven (interesting story but I hated all the different game styles - they were a pain!), the Getaway (the controls were horrible but the british accents helped it stand out) - GTA games haven't held my attention for more than a few hours. Galerians: Ash (I don't know why the game scored so poorly; I enjoyed it) Urban Reign (haven't finished, uneven difficulty but it looks sooo good)
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I played this back in the day....

Flawed,but enjoyable if you put time to it.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
editStatusShuffle
Glitch spot. Anyway if i remember what I posted I said Sega didn't make the game or something like that.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Yeah, Sega published the game, but it was developed by Sega Wow and Red Entertainment (red also had their hands in the titles Gungrave and Gungrave Overdose which imo ar some of the fastest action crazyness you will EVER find.... however, both games are rather short seeing as though you can fly through with such fast of a pace.)

Blood Will Tell is an interesting game that few people cared to know about until the last few years that these threads have been popping up. It is a decent game, and I would like to own a copy as well. A buddy and I played through this game quite a few years ago with a case of beer and a papa johns pizza... lol good times, good times.

FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

ninja gaieden loooks bETTur DAN DAT BEEETCH

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dudersaper

ninja gaieden loooks bETTur DAN DAT BEEETCH

FeiYenKen
But the grammar in Blood Will Tell is so good!