Props to Gamestop.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaveGray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 DaveGray
Member since 2002 • 1551 Posts

I am usually the first to give Gamestop a hard time for their irritating practices. I preordered Halo 2 a few years back and remember it being totally chaotic when I went to pick up my copy. I had to wait in line for a long, long time after midnight, despite pre-paying for the game in full.

So, I was concerned about doing the same again this time. But, it wasn't to be.

Gamestop had their "stuff" together. I arrived at midnight to pick up Halo 3, expecting a nightmare. I was probably the 100th guy in line. But, Gamestop had everyone take care of the financial part of the transaction before 9 PM. In short, I was out of there in EIGHT MINUTES. Eight.

So, fantastic job of planning Gamestop.

--Dave

LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts
i got my copy at walmart... there was maybe 25 people in line. but the gamestop nearby seemed like it was having a tough time. i drove by and notice they werent even letting people in and it was already 12:15 am.
Younggun135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Younggun135
Member since 2006 • 1853 Posts
Cool, I was too swamped last night to get it.
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 skrutop
Member since 2002 • 2262 Posts
I had a similar experience with Gamestop when I got the PS2 at launch. They called up the people who pre-ordered a couple of weeks prior to launch and told us that they could earmark and hand us the systems right away if we could make it in ahead of time and buy it. I had to go to the mall the week before anyway, so I did that. I waltzed in and got my PS2 while others waited in line to pay. Saved me a lot of time. I guess successful planning depends on the individual store managers.
Adam-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Adam-117
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts
It's funny how everyone per-orders it then waits in line to get it when you can just like walk into a Staples or something and buy it no line or anything.
sabru8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 sabru8
Member since 2003 • 4144 Posts
Wow I would have guessed it would have been total chaos, but I guess they learned from the Halo 2 launch. Good job for them and the customers are happy so all was good. :)
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Walked into Target (the one south of the loop) during my lunch hour. Picked up a copy, walked out.

Microsoft pushed something like 4 million copies of Halo 3 to retailers before yesterday. There was no need to pre-order anything.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

It's funny how everyone per-orders it then waits in line to get it when you can just like walk into a Staples or something and buy it no line or anything.Adam-117

Yep, "funny"... as if there was going to be some sort of shortage of what's probably going to be the best selling game of this generation. :)

Moogleman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Moogleman23
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
I like it when you don't have to wait to get what you payed for. I usually go get the game the day of release, not midnight, because I know there will be chaos. I didn't get Halo 3 but I have been through this for other games and it sucks.
cjgangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cjgangsta
Member since 2004 • 1095 Posts
I went to pick up my copy at gamestop and nobody was in line. But they sure was picking up those limited edition halo helmets.
Avatar image for Joystick_n_hand
Joystick_n_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Joystick_n_hand
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
I always find rare gems a great items @ gamestop. I dig the place.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
so because they didnt screw up they get props? im sorry, thats the kind of service they should always deliver. hate @ gamestop for all of their shrewd practices.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
I was in line for forty more minutes when midnight finally hit. :x There were a ton of kids in line and since you had to show ID in order to get the game, their parents had to be with them and blah blah blah. :x