Process of choosing a character

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moji-moji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 moji-moji
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

What makes you choose a character or character race in MMO? Is it the overall look and style or is it the description and background of the character that influences you? Love to hear what you think!

For me... I think the overall look and style plays a major part in selecting a character.

Diakisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Diakisa
Member since 2012 • 41 Posts

I will think about its background

StinkoryJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 StinkoryJones
Member since 2012 • 46 Posts
Not necessarily for MMO's but for any game that lets me choose a character I try and find the one I relate to best, lol Sounds funny but that is the way I end up enjoying the game best. It lets me feel more connected to the story at hand.
Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
Well the only MMO I play is Star Trek Online, I tried Champions Online but it was hard to enjoy it so I stopped trying. When I created my first character in STO it was a simple notion of who my character would be, my long term story series character, one of the three main leads, of Reina Beaumont. Designing the background and character didn't take long since she's been in development since 1998. The only tricky part was making her appearance since the STO character creation, while extensive in some aspects, wasn't quite as detailed as the Second Live Avatar creation system. Every other character I've made - all female - were designed from either my main work or were just made on the fly. I'm pretty good with creating a female character and giving her a background.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
after playing years of EQ, EQ2, SWG, UO, Anarchy Online and WoW, I find that I tend to favor healers or ranged magic users far more than any other class.
wavey_gravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 wavey_gravey
Member since 2007 • 11155 Posts

If I have a choice, I will inevitably choose a female character. I tend to go Elven if that racial option is available and either a long range Mage type or a rogue type character. I have no particularly reason for this, I guess I just like Elves :P

In Mass Effect, I took a long time making sure that my FemShep looked like the sort of battle scarred and experienced Commander.

ironmaiden925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ironmaiden925
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts

I like very powerful characters with good combat abilities