Pre-Ordering Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BloodJunkie213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BloodJunkie213
Member since 2010 • 224 Posts

I was just curious to see how many people Pre-Order Online,and how many Pre-Order in store.

I tend to go the online route..I love being able to pick and control myself,at the store they have to do it. I also like the fact that I can set up the payment method and I'm done until I get it.

Call me crazy,but I love to get stuff in the mail. My only complaint is Gamestop's Packaging,and shipping costs.

What do you guys think is better?

octoman115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 octoman115
Member since 2010 • 765 Posts

I like preordereing off of Amazon. I can get free shipping and sometimes some money off of my next game.

Avatar image for RandomWarrior69
RandomWarrior69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 RandomWarrior69
Member since 2007 • 1649 Posts
At the store,since my parents won't let me buy anything online lol, but also because you don't have to pay shipping or just incase they don't ship something that comes with your game, such as in-game codes or w/e. But I don't mind the Gamestop in my town is only 10 minutes away.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I usually pre-order online unless I need the game on release date. I pre-ordered Valkyria Chronicles 2 and New Vegas in-store because I want them right away, but I have a few other games reserved on Amazon.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
It depends on what comes with the preorder, when I want the game (last Amazon preorder took nine days to get to me)., and what the price is.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts

I did my first pre-order ever this summer when I pre-ordered Halo: Reach. I got it of Walmart.com and it came with a free $25 e-gift card which I used to get 2 new games so I was happy.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="BloodJunkie213"]

I was just curious to see how many people Pre-Order Online,and how many Pre-Order in store.

I tend to go the online route..I love being able to pick and control myself,at the store they have to do it. I also like the fact that I can set up the payment method and I'm done until I get it.

Call me crazy,but I love to get stuff in the mail. My only complaint is Gamestop's Packaging,and shipping costs.

What do you guys think is better?

preorder online as long as it's a good deal for it.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

If there are preorder bonuses I really want than I preorder online because my local Gamestop always seems to have fewer preorder bonuses than preorders but generally speaking I preorder in store.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

If there are preorder bonuses I really want than I preorder online because my local Gamestop always seems to have fewer preorder bonuses than preorders but generally speaking I preorder in store.

CarnageHeart

You also run the risk of the employees grabbing stuff for themselves or to sell on eBay. I'm a fan of pre-ordering on Amazon. I've never had a problem with them.

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

Only reason to pre order is if you get pre order goodies with it!

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

I never preorder just because there are so many bonuses announced literally days before release. For instance, TRU usually gives awesome gift cards if you buy on the day of release. Also, I NEVER preorder from GS because I don't appreciate the harassment and fear tactics they use to get people to preorder.

uberpunage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 uberpunage101
Member since 2009 • 436 Posts

I pre-order online because thats the only way I can get M games, and I keep most of my money on PayPal.

uberpunage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uberpunage101

I never preorder just because there are so many bonuses announced literally days before release. For instance, TRU usually gives awesome gift cards if you buy on the day of release. Also, I NEVER preorder from GS because I don't appreciate the harassment and fear tactics they use to get people to preorder.

GalvatronType_R

Clerk- would you like to pre-order anything today? Fable 3? Halo Reach? Me- No thanks, not today.

What do they do, hold you at knife point and follow you home?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

[QUOTE="GalvatronType_R"]

uberpunage101

Clerk- would you like to pre-order anything today? Fable 3? Halo Reach? Me- No thanks, not today.

Hmm, lets see, when I traded in my old 360 for the S, they asked me THREE SEPARATE TIMES if I wanted to preorder anything even though I gave a definitive "no" the first time.

Also, during another visit, some GS stooge was trying to convince a clueless mom that Madden 11 would be sold out everywhere and she would only get a copy if she preordered. Madden sold out everywhere, LMAO. :roll:

sweetveggiepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sweetveggiepie
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Even being female, I've never had any GS employee harass me to pre-order anything, though I have been asked if I was buying the game I was purchasing for my boyfriend O.o silly people.

But I pre-order (when I do) in the store, it's easier for me since the option of paying usually comes with shipping and I hate paying shipping.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

There's almost no reason to pre-order anywhere besides Amazon for me. They usually sell the game a few bucks cheaper than MSRP, there's no tax, and I get the game on release day for free with Amazon Prime. It's really nice when Amazon gives you credit towards a future purchase too. The only times I pre-order elsewhere is if I REALLY want a pre-order bonus that Amazon doesn't have.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="uberpunage101"]

GalvatronType_R

Hmm, lets see, when I traded in my old 360 for the S, they asked me THREE SEPARATE TIMES if I wanted to preorder anything even though I gave a definitive "no" the first time.

Also, during another visit, some GS stooge was trying to convince a clueless mom that Madden 11 would be sold out everywhere and she would only get a copy if she preordered. Madden sold out everywhere, LMAO. :roll:

Yeah, Gamestop demonstrates how NOT to offer pre-orders. Games like Madden, Halo, GTA, etc. are readily available. It's the more niche titles that call for a pre-order.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#18 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I always preorder games in-store.

BloodJunkie213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BloodJunkie213
Member since 2010 • 224 Posts

I honestly never thought Of Pre-Ordering on Amazon,I will look into it..seems like a lot of people prefer it.

black__bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 black__bunny
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

I usually pre-order games if i want the bonus content or its a game i really want. I usually pick up my orders in store now that eb allows that option on their website

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#21 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I was unaware I could do so online. My guess is there is no such plan for my country to do so anyway, so if I would, I'd be forced to go to the store.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 QuistisTrepe_

I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I was unaware I could do so online. My guess is there is no such plan for my country to do so anyway, so if I would, I'd be forced to go to the store.Daavpuke

Perhaps this could help:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84282453_1/277-4440147-3843710?ie=UTF8&docId=10002

Glitchspot won't link it, sorry.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Daavpuke

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I was unaware I could do so online. My guess is there is no such plan for my country to do so anyway, so if I would, I'd be forced to go to the store.QuistisTrepe_

Perhaps this could help:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84282453_1/277-4440147-3843710?ie=UTF8&docId=10002

That site just takes me to Amazon, which I can't work with anyways. Haven't found 1 single tutorial to explain how it works...
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I was unaware I could do so online. My guess is there is no such plan for my country to do so anyway, so if I would, I'd be forced to go to the store.Daavpuke

Perhaps this could help:

That site just takes me to Amazon, which I can't work with anyways. Haven't found 1 single tutorial to explain how it works...

Your ISP feels that you just can't handle the sweet taste of freedom. Time to go VPN.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Daavpuke
Also, you can only pay with credit cards, which I do not own.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#26 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I preorder them in store and take a few months to pay them off.

uberpunage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 uberpunage101

[QUOTE="uberpunage101"]

GalvatronType_R

How is asking 3 times a Fear tactic? And besides, you used the pronoun "they" meaning that there were multiple people.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I Pre-Order at the Store. I have no problem Pre-Ordering online but I'd like to see a face.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
when i pre-order i always do it on amazon.
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

When I pre-order, I do it online. Unlike GameStop, I don't have put down a deposit, and quite a few come pre-orders come with a nice bonus like a $20 gift card.

Pre-ordering at GameStop is a sucker's bet.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

GalvatronType_R

This, exactly.

News flash: If the game is going to be a million seller, there are going to be literally pallets of it at every single big-box store on launch day. There's no need to give money, in advance, to a racket like GameStop.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 QuistisTrepe_

Pre-ordering at GameStop is a sucker's bet.

Dire_Weasel

Save for when developers strike up exclusive deals with Gamestop in the form of exclusive game content.

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

I use to long ago, but it's never worth it. 9/10 I got it two days after every local store already had it and they give you stupid **** with the game. Like a poster or a trinket, nothing worth the effort of pre-ordering.

I'm better off just to go up to the Sears or best buy to pick it up. OR even go to the mall an get it from gamespot. BUT being that I don't need it that bad I'll probably just order it anyway.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I buy everything in store.