Persona 4 Dated For NA!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Persona 4 is set to come out on December 9th, 2008. The game also comes with a bonus soundtrack. Just thought you Persona fans wanted to know.

Link: http://www.n4g.com/ps2/News-165743.aspx

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Preordered (tomorrow anyway).

This makes 2008 the last year of the PS2 in america, the console that thrived on RPG's.

ComradeCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ComradeCrash
Member since 2005 • 2519 Posts
Yeah, I thought I would have to wait until next year for this! I just now have to finish P3:FES (89 hrs in and almost done with the original P3).
Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
That's cool. I really liked Persona 3, so i'll be sure to check out the fourth one.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
Great news! Atlus has been on a roll lately. I like their newsletters, since they're always full of cool stuff.
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts
I suppose that gives me enough time to finish all of Persona 3 FES.
rohver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 rohver
Member since 2005 • 11848 Posts
Nice ! Gives me enough time to finish FES.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Epic win. I was hoping it was going to hit this year. Good that it is far into the future so that I can finish all the other games I have to play. I am playing Persona 3 right now and am loving every minute of it. Easily the best JRPG I've played in a long time. Not since the days of Square games like Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story and Xenogears on the PS have I enjoyed a JRPG as much. I wish I had got into the Shin Megami Tensei series earlier (it's also a good thing I have a friend who owns Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne).
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
Nice. I will be playing at least one PS2 game in the 4th quarter of 2008.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
P4 doesn't have the school setting, right? Does anyone have any more info on P4's setting and gameplay?
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#12 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. gamingqueen

Well,as far as I have seen it´s pretty much the same but at the same time totally different.I´m really exited about it.I hope it get´s more then one Tower....

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
This is great news. I loved Persona 3. I'm glad we'll be able to play Persona 4 this year.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. gamingqueen
I read somewhere that you will be able to control all of the characters in battle this time around. That was really the only flaw in the last one imo.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamingqueen

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. Bigboi500
I read somewhere that you will be able to control all of the characters in battle this time around. That was really the only flaw in the last one imo.

You could control them indirectly by assigining jobs for instance, a party member being controlled by AI could either Act freely, fight or do another thing whichI forgot about it and you could do that by pressing triangle during the battle.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You could control them indirectly by assigining jobs for instance, a party member being controlled by AI could either Act freely, fight or do another thing whichI forgot about it and you could do that by pressing triangle during the battle.gamingqueen

I actually don't care about controlling the other characters, I just can't stand getting a game over if I die and my other party members survive. They can use Recarm on other NPC's so why can't they use it on me?
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. Bigboi500

omg finally. some battles made me want to do a homer simpson and pull my hair out because the AI just never quite got it right.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. gamingqueen

You could control them indirectly by assigining jobs for instance, a party member being controlled by AI could either Act freely, fight or do another thing whichI forgot about it and you could do that by pressing triangle during the battle.

It was only a problem sometimes during tough boss battles. Like if Akahiko was poisoned instead of curing him Aigis would just heal him two or three turns on heal/support mode. Or heal a teammate instead of healing you in a critical situation.
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]You could control them indirectly by assigining jobs for instance, a party member being controlled by AI could either Act freely, fight or do another thing whichI forgot about it and you could do that by pressing triangle during the battle.foxhound_fox

I actually don't care about controlling the other characters, I just can't stand getting a game over if I die and my other party members survive. They can use Recarm on other NPC's so why can't they use it on me?

Yeah, that's especially annoying when you die and your party still has a lot of HP left..it feels like a cheap death.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

P4 doesn't have the school setting, right? Does anyone have any more info on P4's setting and gameplay?ASK_Story

I could have sworn there was still some sort of school setting for the social link stuff, but there's no Tartarus. The dark hour takes place inside TV's on a channel called Mayonaka TV. The plot is supposed to be more of a murder mystery this time around. Not sure just how different gameplay wise it'll be from P3 but at least you can control all the characters in battle. Also, the velvet room is now a stretch limo, which is awesome.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. LoG-Sacrament

omg finally. some battles made me want to do a homer simpson and pull my hair out because the AI just never quite got it right.

There were some exceptions to the rule, but 90% of the time I was happy with the fact Persona 3's other two characters were AI controlled. Not having direct control of the other two characters really kept combat moving, and the fact that unlike the player, the computer made its decisions mid-round really helped.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
Nice, I'm definitely gonna be pre-ordering this game.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Check my user name.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamingqueen
[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. Bigboi500

It was only a problem sometimes during tough boss battles. Like if Akahiko was poisoned instead of curing him Aigis would just heal him two or three turns on heal/support mode. Or heal a teammate instead of healing you in a critical situation.

If two party memebrs and more were in abnormal statue, always ask for Fuuka's help.

To me, them screwing in battles made the game more challeging. I lovedthe fact about character being controlled by AI. It made battles quicker and fun to watch.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I couldn't be happier about this. P3 FES was my favorite non-MGS4 game so far this year. I'm right in the middle of The Answer right now. I love these games, and am really glad to get to play more so soon. You can't go wrong with $39.99 either.
_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

I do hope they allow the option to control your party members. Computer controlled allies were fine for the most part and it helped speed up the pace of the game, but during some of the more difficult battles, I would have appreciated a little bit more control with them. An option to switch between controlling your allies and giving out orders would be really helpful, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that they're bringing P4 here. I recently finished the Journey and have just started the Answer. Boy, they weren't kidding when the back of the box claimed this game to be 80+ hours.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

You can't go wrong with $39.99 either.rragnaar

*points to self*

Heh, $29.99 right here, bub.

*flexes muscles*

:o

*keels over in pain while grabbing groin*

That's not how it was supposed to go!

Anyways, PS4 sounds great. In the meantime, I won't think about it until 3 months from now. Save myself the angst of anticipation.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. CarnageHeart

There were some exceptions to the rule, but 90% of the time I was happy with the fact Persona 3's other two characters were AI controlled. Not having direct control of the other two characters really kept combat moving, and the fact that unlike the player, the computer made its decisions mid-round really helped.

maybe im a control freak, but for me, it was more like 10% tops. even for simple things like picking an enemy to attack, they managed to mess up my plans. there would be 3 enemies, 2 of which i wanted out of the way fast. id have my party focus on one first. theyd kill him mid-turn and then go on to the one i wanted to save last on their own. that way, theyve wasted their attacks. its small, but especially bothersome. these things happened all the time (and not just on grunts. dont get me started on the last boss). its artificial difficulty padding that serves more to test the player's patience than skill.

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Cool, I thought it was going to come out around April or something.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamingqueen
[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. LoG-Sacrament

maybe im a control freak, but for me, it was more like 10% tops. even for simple things like picking an enemy to attack, they managed to mess up my plans. there would be 3 enemies, 2 of which i wanted out of the way fast. id have my party focus on one first. theyd kill him mid-turn and then go on to the one i wanted to save last on their own. that way, theyve wasted their attacks. its small, but especially bothersome. these things happened all the time (and not just on grunts. dont get me started on the last boss). its artificial difficulty padding that serves more to test the player's patience than skill.

You probably haven't played that many JRPGs then. But it was tricky when it started to cast death spells. It gets more difficult with time.

Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts
Cool. By the time it comes out i should have beaten persona 3
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. CarnageHeart

It also helped that you could micromanage your party members a bit when you needed to.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="CarnageHeart"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]I'm excited as well. Persona 3 was my favourite game in the past two years. I really hope this is a bit different than P3. gamingqueen

You probably haven't played that many JRPGs then. But it was tricky when it started to cast death spells. It gets more difficult with time.

:roll: here we go. as soon as somebody doesnt agree with you, you act like theyve never picked up a controller before. ive played plenty of jrpg's.

taking control out of players hands in battle just isnt a good idea unless the AI is 100% flawless (which isnt the case with persona 3). it makes every mistake extra frustrating because it wasnt you that made the mistake. you end up with a poor player making 3/4 of your moves.