gamerez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerez
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

Here we go again, I was in a store Walmart I think and saw a PC game a while back that I wanted, can't remember the title. My point is was going to buy the darn thing the price was fair and all, until I saw what was in black on the box. Download only???? what the hey? I am fixing to give up on trying to buy a simple pc game for having to spend hours downloading the whole thing.. Wake up DEVS, Please!

Can we at least have both options to either buy the boxed versions or the digital downloads. My parents have to have the internet for things also and i cant download such huge files without slowing thr work down in the process. Anyway just putting it out there.. Thanks

Sorry just another concerned PC gamer..

TTLockerroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 TTLockerroom
Member since 2017 • 21 Posts

It has become a trend now. Can you believe it? You get a Steelbook but no cd...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

This isn't new-

In 2015 when Dragons Dogma Online came out, they advertised a physical version for P.C. so that was my order and sure the 'box' was physical but inside was a code to download the install. At least with DDO it's understandable seeing as it's a multiplayer focused game.

On that same year I got War for the Overworld. Again bought physical, and again was a card in a box. . .

If you want physical games? buy a console or something.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

I hate digital only. nothing more crisp than owning your favourite games in physical form to live on forever. digital totally removes any attachment to them.

Its funny you waste your time going to a store, see a game and actually think when you buy it you can just go home and install it, nope, gotta spend hours and expensive bandwidth to download the fucking thing.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

This is a huge issue with just buying a game and playing it. NOw we have to buy it, wiat for hours to dl, another hour or so for masive patches and then you can play. It's just not good enough. What's worse is that consoles are exactly the same.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

I agree with others on here about digital-only being the only choice for PC (with some exceptions). How fucking difficult is it to just put the game on a damn bluray disc?! Those can go beyond 100GB in storage for fucks sake! I honestly find it LESS convenient of having to wait through a quarter of a day just to finish a single large download (Dl speed capped at 2.5Mb/s.), rather than just popping in a disc and having the game installed much sooner. I don't mind downloading patches. But all DLC content (If applicable) better also be on the damn disc from the get-go.