PC city images of BF4 look horrible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
I was considering buying BF4 for the PC until I saw these images. When you start looking really close you can see jagged edges everywhere and the city is very plain. http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2013/273/677383_20131001_640screen001.jpg
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RimacBugatti
This image as well has even more jagged edges. And like I was saying the city just looks very plain in my opinion. Maybe it's just me but I don't know why they would have used this image as an example. On a small screen you probably wouldn't see the jagged edges but on a 55 inch or larger I'm sure they would be noticeable. http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2013/273/677383_20131001_640screen003.jpg
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

huh?

Barujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Barujin
Member since 2009 • 308 Posts

Those images are quite small. How can you tell if it has aliasing? I can see some on the second one on the back of the gun. I do agree that they are poor choices for showing off the game, though.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Why not play the beta and see for yourself? You might realize something, graphics don't mean crap all if the gameplay is good.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RimacBugatti
The structures in the background have rough edges all over the place. I agree about gameplay for sure. The images were bigger before I posted them. Sorry about that they didnt post in larger size. Im kind of thinking that maybe PS4 version might be better? The foilage looks great but city scapes not as good as expected. They did a wonderful job with the water and explosions though.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flubbbs

The structures in the background have rough edges all over the place. I agree about gameplay for sure. The images were bigger before I posted them. Sorry about that they didnt post in larger size. Im kind of thinking that maybe PS4 version might be better? The foilage looks great but city scapes not as good as expected. They did a wonderful job with the water and explosions though. RimacBugatti

i dont see how an inferior version of the game would be better than the PC

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69534 Posts

The structures in the background have rough edges all over the place. I agree about gameplay for sure. The images were bigger before I posted them. Sorry about that they didnt post in larger size. Im kind of thinking that maybe PS4 version might be better? The foilage looks great but city scapes not as good as expected. They did a wonderful job with the water and explosions though. RimacBugatti

The PS4 would somehow magically look better than the PC version? :| I have the feeling that was the point of yor entire thread. You were never really interested in the PC version but for so e illogical reason you wanted to blast the PC version based on jpeg compressed screenshots to strangely imply the PS4 version is better. I think you are in the wrong forum.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Im kind of thinking that maybe PS4 version might be better? RimacBugatti

ahahahaha. Nice try.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RimacBugatti
Actually in comparison I think Killzone Shadowfall has better background textures. And actually it has been known in the past with certain games that the console version was better than the PC version. So thats why I asked but then you had to make an assumption. If you look at my history threads Im actually a Playstation fan but occassionally I purchase computer games. And Im not in the wrong forum sir/miss.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69534 Posts

Actually in comparison I think Killzone Shadowfall has better background textures. And actually it has been known in the past with certain games that the console version was better than the PC version. So thats why I asked but then you had to make an assumption. If you look at my history threads Im actually a Playstation fan but occassionally I purchase computer games. And Im not in the wrong forum sir/miss. RimacBugatti

If you were looking for information you would not be titling your thread "PC city images of BF4 look HORRIBLE". I am sorry sir but that is not a title of someone looking for information especially when it does NOT look remotely close to HORRIBLE. 

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flubbbs

Actually in comparison I think Killzone Shadowfall has better background textures. And actually it has been known in the past with certain games that the console version was better than the PC version. So thats why I asked but then you had to make an assumption. If you look at my history threads Im actually a Playstation fan but occassionally I purchase computer games. And Im not in the wrong forum sir/miss. RimacBugatti

lol

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RimacBugatti
Get over yourself there Pedro
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Flubbbs

Get over yourself there PedroRimacBugatti

lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

PC version of what?

And how can you tell from a picture that is like 640x360

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

It's been at least a month since I've seen a thread fail this hard. This is great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#17 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

It's a beta, what do you expect?

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

[QUOTE="RimacBugatti"]Im kind of thinking that maybe PS4 version might be better? S0lidSnake

ahahahaha. Nice try.

Laugh at this guy all you like, personally if I were to get this game, I may end up purchasing this game for the PS4, since it would be cheaper to do that than it would be to upgrade my PC to a state which it could run it at decent settings.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
As if console images would look better? Lol.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

0/10, not even trying

iampenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iampenguin
Member since 2013 • 396 Posts

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/02/battlefield-4-quite-different-on-xbox-360-compared-to-pc/

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
If it looks bad, PS4 will look worse.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Looks terrible

iampenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iampenguin
Member since 2013 • 396 Posts

So it's agreed we're all going to get Ghosts rather?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RimacBugatti
I saw gameplay footage and its even worse than the images posted. Well as they say history repeats itself so it looks like we are going backwards. Good thing I kept my Dreamcast. Now Im ready for next gen.
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RimacBugatti
I saw gameplay footage and its even worse than the images posted. Well as they say history repeats itself so it looks like we are going backwards. Good thing I kept my Dreamcast. Now Im ready for next gen.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I saw gameplay footage and its even worse than the images posted. Well as they say history repeats itself so it looks like we are going backwards. Good thing I kept my Dreamcast. Now Im ready for next gen.RimacBugatti

gameplay of what? and from what system?

iDefinition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iDefinition
Member since 2009 • 388 Posts
This thread is horrible, terrible and abominable vandalizing of reason. You should be ashamed of yourself. Reasoning is weak with this one it seems.