Aidchade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aidchade
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

Im a young teen and my parents think that i am adictes to video games. I try to play for about two hours on weekdays and on weekends it varies a lot. I have get straight As and i just finished a test applying to one of the top 20 magnet schools in the country. I'm super active and swim 3 hours (and some weeks 7) a week and my coach says im the best on the team. I have a pretty good social life and prioritize friends and family before any entertainment. My dad thinks that if I play more than an hour of video games in a day that i have a problem. My mom says she doest mind me playing video games as long as i do other things in my freetime. Btw freetime doesnt count swim or sports so its hard to find time for anything in addition to video games. All my friends play video games all the time and their parents don't realy care. I realy wish my parents would just let me do what i want sometimes. Does any1 have any reccomendarions for how to convince them?

Btw im not asian. I dont know why people asked that on other forum sites

firedguy33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 firedguy33
Member since 2016 • 133 Posts

Probably make a deal with them that you keep a certain average

Name_Not_Found

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Name_Not_Found
Member since 2017 • 15 Posts

There are a number of articles to be found online explaining the positive affects of gaming. You could try getting your parents to read one of those

ADeadMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ADeadMoose
Member since 2017 • 8 Posts

I can relate, used to I could only play 1 hour, now I can play about 2. My dad thinks video games are useless and don't benefit you in life.

theWalker1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theWalker1997
Member since 2017 • 6 Posts

Try to like show him that your working hard at school and around the house and try to persuade him to allow you to play more.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@aidchade:

"I have get straight As and i just finished a test applying to one of the top 20 magnet schools in the country."

Seems legit.

-Byshop

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@aidchade said:

Im a young teen and my parents think that i am adictes to video games. I try to play for about two hours on weekdays and on weekends it varies a lot. I have get straight As and i just finished a test applying to one of the top 20 magnet schools in the country. I'm super active and swim 3 hours (and some weeks 7) a week and my coach says im the best on the team. I have a pretty good social life and prioritize friends and family before any entertainment. My dad thinks that if I play more than an hour of video games in a day that i have a problem. My mom says she doest mind me playing video games as long as i do other things in my freetime. Btw freetime doesnt count swim or sports so its hard to find time for anything in addition to video games. All my friends play video games all the time and their parents don't realy care. I realy wish my parents would just let me do what i want sometimes. Does any1 have any reccomendarions for how to convince them?

Btw im not asian. I dont know why people asked that on other forum sites

Nothing we can do so stay in school, do your homework and wait until you are old enough to decide for yourself.

Gaming will still be there in 10-15years.

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Employee427
Member since 2016 • 489 Posts

@adeadmoose said:

I can relate, used to I could only play 1 hour, now I can play about 2. My dad thinks video games are useless and don't benefit you in life.

mintz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mintz
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Try to convince your dad that you are doing well academically and socially. It will take time at first but once he sees that you are doing well even though you are gaming he will understand.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

Stop being a baby. From a parent.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

The least I can say is that imo, you don't have a problem.

Bakaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Bakaaa
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

@name_not_found: My mom is so strict i showed her a study someone did that shows games improve gray brain cells and she reads it that is approved by psychologist an she says, and I quote : "I already have my own opinion and nothing in the world can change it"

What should i do? :(

Motoradical09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Motoradical09
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

u sure you get straight A's and not an an asian?

but you should play games moderately it will not damage your brain its harmless but you should go out sometimes

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

Endure it. You're still living on your parents house so it's their rules but just try to explain it to them that gaming won't affect your other, more important, activities.