Pain in shoulders while gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghost12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ghost12
Member since 2016 • 33 Posts

so recently i am having this pain in my shoulder whenever i play on my console for more then an hour is it some sort of rsi ?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@ghost12 said:

@AzatiS: i don't think i have any of those problems couple of weeks ago i went to a physician and she told me it's just weakness and about my stance when i play games i usually don't sit properly i mean i don't sit straight however after doing some research online i think it may have rotor cuff please help me about this issue as i am really freaking out

Wait , your pain comes from the front deltoid or your back ( blades ) . Can you tell me where the pain is coming from and when that is getting worse ? when = what is your stance when pain is getting worse.

Sometimes pain occuring into different spots than where the problem really is but if you did your research and you did the tests and is a rotator cuff issue , then thats weird because in order to irritate the rotator cuff you need to "overwork" your shoulder if you get what i mean ( sorry my english are limited ) and for that to happen it needs more than just holding a pad of a console.

So are you working in a job that using your shoulders constantly ? Maybe you weight lifting heavy objects more than your shoulder can take ? You making alot of overhead exercises/moves in your job/gym etc ? Maybe your stance is really bad so when you do certain things shoulders have to work way more to support weaker parts ? Is there a defection of some sort , i mean you were sore in the past in that area , it was feeling tight for no reason before pain started ? Any older trauma there like getting hit there ?

Can be so many things when its about rotator cuff.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Try taking a break after an hour? Exercise and stuff.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AzatiS

@ghost12 said:

so recently i am having this pain in my shoulder whenever i play on my console for more then an hour is it some sort of rsi ?

Can you give me some more info about this issue ? Like your stance when you playing games , if your have round shoulders or anterior pelvic tilt ? Do you get any headaches often ?

ghost12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ghost12

@AzatiS: i don't think i have any of those problems couple of weeks ago i went to a physician and she told me it's just weakness and about my stance when i play games i usually don't sit properly i mean i don't sit straight however after doing some research online i think it may have rotor cuff please help me about this issue as i am really freaking out

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Stop playing with yourself

Edit: that was stupid on my part, I hope you feel better

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

These days after a while on keyboard I get very bad pins and needles and what feels like electric shock pains down my fingers. That's when I take a break. Its a very strange feeling too it feels like you are getting electrocuted in your fingers. Its mainly the middle finger too.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Find a good physiotherapist. Most general doctors don't have experience with joint, connector and muscle related issues.

Chances are, if you have been gaming a long time (in your life) you don't have the muscle strength to support your body weight and it is straining your joints. You'll probably be given exercises from the physiotherapist to help build muscle strength.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@skipper847 said:

These days after a while on keyboard I get very bad pins and needles and what feels like electric shock pains down my fingers. That's when I take a break. Its a very strange feeling too it feels like you are getting electrocuted in your fingers. Its mainly the middle finger too.

That's the beginning of carpal tunnel. Soon it will be replacing the numbness with pain. Get it treated.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts
@ghost12 said:

I've moved your thread from OT to GD. OT is for topics not related to gaming.

As for your problem, I checked WebMD and I'm pretty sure it's either cancer -or- it's the fact that the University of Google is no replacement for a medical degree. If an actual doctor told you it's something, it's much more likely to be that thing than whatever a teenager found via web search. If you don't agree with the doctor, then see another doctor instead of trying to self-diagnose with no medical knowledge or training.

-Byshop

ghost12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghost12

@Byshop:Fair enough

ghost12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ghost12

@AzatiS:well the pain is in the front part of my shoulders(don't know what it's called) it rises when i raise my arm or turn it round also when i press my controller sticks(like when i melee in cod) at night the pain is worse and about that overwork part i used to play cricket like a beast but that was two to three years ago

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AzatiS

@ghost12 said:

@AzatiS:well the pain is in the front part of my shoulders(don't know what it's called) it rises when i raise my arm or turn it round also when i press my controller sticks(like when i melee in cod) at night the pain is worse

Bro its the rotator then , how the heck that happened i wonder. You need to go to your physician or how you call that there and tell in detail when this began , how , under which circumstances , all the details you can think of. He will test to verify what it is and will take into consideration various other things as well, like any imbalances , stance or whatever it is plus all the info hell get from you and will advice you accordingly.

If pain isnt going away with ice and rest dont let it get worse and losing time trying to figure out on your own. Rotator cuff is a very complex and sensitive part of our body , you should go check it. The last thing you want is any chronic inflammation in there.

WeebDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 WeebDragon
Member since 2017 • 102 Posts

Just try to move your shoulders every ten minutes. Works for me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Rub some deep heat cream on your shoulders it will get rid of the pain

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

buy another more comfortable chair.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Talk to your doctor about it: people online might be informed about it, but it's far more likely that they are not.