Official Xbox Recommendation Thread (Updated 11/17/05)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjwickstrom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 mjwickstrom1
Member since 2005 • 20454 Posts
thanks for all da info guys. but, can you post some ea sports game stuff.
wisemoeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 wisemoeron
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Hey! I just subscribed to gamespot and everywhere i look in this post i here talks about the list. I don't have much time now so where exactly is the list? Is there another way that the list could be reposted with all updates attached? Thx
FuzzyBunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#153 FuzzyBunny55
Member since 2003 • 2561 Posts
Go back to the first page of this thread.  The list is in the first two posts.
stevenscott14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#154 stevenscott14
Member since 2005 • 6475 Posts
 This is great stuff. :D
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
Thanks man, my collection could use these awesome games!:) 
SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#156 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts
I only have 6 of the games on the list :(
Avatar image for iwantsomecookie
iwantsomecookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 iwantsomecookie
Member since 2005 • 60 Posts
Wow this is amazing. I can forward my mum to this thread for my birthday lol! :-) Thanks so much
iwantsomecookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 iwantsomecookie
Just wondering, but will they still make xbox games because of 360?
lazboy598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#159 lazboy598
Member since 2005 • 268 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
NinjaWolf14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 NinjaWolf14
Member since 2004 • 4506 Posts

bumplazboy598

what the hell is the point in bumping a floated thread:|

iwantsomecookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 iwantsomecookie

[QUOTE="lazboy598"]bumpNinjaWolf14

what the hell is the point in bumping a floated thread:|

Isnt it actually stickified? Lol and it was only an hour after my post. :P *if anyone could answer that'd be great..*
SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 SSBMFighter
Just wondering, but will they still make xbox games because of 360?iwantsomecookie
Yes maybe not as many but yes they will till bout mid 07 to what i have heard
Schadenfreude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#163 Schadenfreude
Member since 2005 • 1901 Posts

[QUOTE="iwantsomecookie"]Just wondering, but will they still make xbox games because of 360?SSBMFighter
Yes maybe not as many but yes they will till bout mid 07 to what i have heard

That's kinda unlikely, considering that since the 360 launched (and this is in no way a flamebait) every console, including GameCube, sold considerably more than the Xbox - even with the 360's staggered launch.  Don't count on production even past the end of '06 based on the way things are looking now.  Besides, no console really lives that long past it's death anyways, with the exception of the PlayStation, which is understandable considering its sold more than 100 000 000 copies.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#164 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

The Warriors

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 SSBMFighter
You really like that game dont you every time someone asks for a game you say The Warriors
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#166 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

You really like that game dont you every time someone asks for a game you say The WarriorsSSBMFighter

Its like halo 2 to me (well most people thank halo 2 is "ownage") because it has so much to offer and its pretty underrated

edimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#167 edimus
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
cool, thanks! helpful for these game descisions :)
ryan_rock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 ryan_rock123
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
ryan_rock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ryan_rock123
how do u lvl up faster?
SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SSBMFighter
wrong board plus post,review games,and read news on the site 
funymonkey811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 funymonkey811
Member since 2005 • 280 Posts
wrong board plus post,review games,and read news on the site SSBMFighter
what do you mean "wrong board"?
NinjaWolf14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 NinjaWolf14

[QUOTE="SSBMFighter"]wrong board plus post,review games,and read news on the site funymonkey811
what do you mean "wrong board"?

He means there are more boards than just the Xbox board.  Go to OT or GGD for questions like what the other user asked and not here.

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 SSBMFighter
Yes that is want I mean
Brady2356

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Brady2356
Member since 2004 • 59 Posts
Okay guys, I'm either going to get Jade Empire, Doom III, Unreal Championship 2, or Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater (PS2).  Which one of these titles do you guys recomend?
dan_plus_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 dan_plus_o
Member since 2003 • 2240 Posts
I didn't read everything in this thread, so I don't know if someone already said this, BUT why dont you have Need for speed Most wanted on in the racing section?????
taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#176 taiwanesealn
Member since 2005 • 6853 Posts
Okay guys, I'm either going to get Jade Empire, Doom III, Unreal Championship 2, or Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater (PS2). Which one of these titles do you guys recomend?Brady2356

If you have XboxLive or System Link, get Unreal Championship 2.
Brady2356

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Brady2356
Member since 2004 • 59 Posts
[QUOTE="taiwanesealn"]
Okay guys, I'm either going to get Jade Empire, Doom III, Unreal Championship 2, or Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater (PS2). Which one of these titles do you guys recomend?Brady2356

My XboxLive Account expired like 2 weeks ago so I no longer have that.  I have system link but none of my friends have this game to system link with them.  Isn't it 4 player split screen? 
helluvagood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 helluvagood
Member since 2004 • 9182 Posts
[QUOTE="Brady2356"] [QUOTE="taiwanesealn"]

My XboxLive Account expired like 2 weeks ago so I no longer have that. I have system link but none of my friends have this game to system link with them. Isn't it 4 player split screen?

yes it is
thursdaytbs212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 thursdaytbs212
Whats going on. i need a decent game to keep me busy for a while. i am more into RPGs, sports, shooters whatever. It is just there are no good RPGs games out there for XBOX that i have found, sport games get boring after a while. Now halo is only good playing through system link.. Let me know if there are any games out there new or old that require more then a few hours to beat
taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 taiwanesealn

[QUOTE="taiwanesealn"] [QUOTE="Brady2356"]Okay guys, I'm either going to get Jade Empire, Doom III, Unreal Championship 2, or Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater (PS2). Which one of these titles do you guys recomend?Brady2356

My XboxLive Account expired like 2 weeks ago so I no longer have that.  I have system link but none of my friends have this game to system link with them.  Isn't it 4 player split screen? 

Offline it's only 2 player splitscreen.

FuzzyBunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 FuzzyBunny55
Whats going on. i need a decent game to keep me busy for a while. i am more into RPGs, sports, shooters whatever. It is just there are no good RPGs games out there for XBOX that i have found, sport games get boring after a while. Now halo is only good playing through system link.. Let me know if there are any games out there new or old that require more then a few hours to beat thursdaytbs212
I don't know where you've been looking but there are plenty of great RPG's out there for the Xbox. I recommend starting with the KOTOR's. If you want something more hardcore go with Morrowind. For a more casual game try Jade Empire or Fable.
chino1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 chino1230
Member since 2005 • 154 Posts
I agree.completely
harvellt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 harvellt
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I have all three systems. I just played threw RE 4 on the cube and God of War on the PS2 can anyone think of a game of that "game of the year" calleber for the box?
NinjaWolf14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 NinjaWolf14

I have all three systems. I just played threw RE 4 on the cube and God of War on the PS2 can anyone think of a game of that "game of the year" calleber for the box?harvellt

Ninja Gaiden Black if you haven't played Ninja Gaiden, or Phantom Dust possibly

dan_plus_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 dan_plus_o
[QUOTE="Lameloide"] Hi. I have 2 controllers, so I would like to know what good 2 player games are for xbox?
Also, are there any good "hot-seat" party games, for when we are more than 2?

I haven't played this game with a bunch of people, but I think Worms 4 Mayhem is hot seat, I know worms armagedone for pc can play with a bunch of people. So worms 4 for the xbox, but I totally recomend Worms Armagedone for pc, its one of the best games ever and it is pretty cheap, plus if you have a crap computer it should still run.
Lameloide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Lameloide
What about 4 player games? I've looked a lot and I can't find games for 4 players. (other than fuzzion frenzy, shooters or sport games)
FuzzyBunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 FuzzyBunny55
[QUOTE="Lameloide"]What about 4 player games? I've looked a lot and I can't find games for 4 players. (other than fuzzion frenzy, shooters or sport games)

I believe the Xmen Legends games support 4 players.
gdsmck954

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 gdsmck954
Member since 2005 • 2931 Posts
You should add Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance to the list. It's underappreciated.
dan_plus_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 dan_plus_o
[QUOTE="gdsmck954"]You should add Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance to the list. It's underappreciated.

No, don't add that piece of crap to the list! Metal Gear solids view sucks, you can't look around without going into FP view. Splinter cell is a million times better then MGS.
NinjaWolf14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 NinjaWolf14

[QUOTE="gdsmck954"]You should add Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance to the list. It's underappreciated. dan_plus_o

No, don't add that piece of crap to the list! Metal Gear solids view sucks, you can't look around without going into FP view. Splinter cell is a million times better then MGS.

kthxbye

MGS is one of the greatest francises ever, Kojima is one of the most well known figures in the gaming industry.

By the way here at GS MGS is rated higher than SC and the same can be said for many sites across the internet.

FuzzyBunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 FuzzyBunny55

[QUOTE="dan_plus_o"] [QUOTE="gdsmck954"]You should add Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance to the list. It's underappreciated. NinjaWolf14

kthxbye

MGS is one of the greatest francises ever, Kojima is one of the most well known figures in the gaming industry.

By the way here at GS MGS is rated higher than SC and the same can be said for many sites across the internet.

True, but MGS has always been a franchise for the Playstation and Sons of Liberty is probably the worst of the three.  While I agree with you that MGS is a fantastic series, stealth gaming on the Xbox is better represented by the Splinter Cell franchise.  If the original MGS or Snake Eater were available on the Xbox I would probably add them to the list, but not Sons of Liberty.
NinjaWolf14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 NinjaWolf14
[QUOTE="NinjaWolf14"]

[QUOTE="dan_plus_o"] [QUOTE="gdsmck954"]You should add Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance to the list. It's underappreciated. FuzzyBunny55

kthxbye

True, but MGS has always been a franchise for the Playstation and Sons of Liberty is probably the worst of the three.  While I agree with you that MGS is a fantastic series, stealth gaming on the Xbox is better represented by the Splinter Cell franchise.  If the original MGS or Snake Eater were available on the Xbox I would probably add them to the list, but not Sons of Liberty.

Sons of Liberty was actually probably my favorite of the series and the highest rated one all over for the most part.

FuzzyBunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 FuzzyBunny55
[QUOTE="FuzzyBunny55"] [QUOTE="NinjaWolf14"]

[QUOTE="dan_plus_o"] [QUOTE="gdsmck954"]You should add Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance to the list. It's underappreciated. NinjaWolf14

kthxbye

True, but MGS has always been a franchise for the Playstation and Sons of Liberty is probably the worst of the three. While I agree with you that MGS is a fantastic series, stealth gaming on the Xbox is better represented by the Splinter Cell franchise. If the original MGS or Snake Eater were available on the Xbox I would probably add them to the list, but not Sons of Liberty.

Sons of Liberty was actually probably my favorite of the series and the highest rated one all over for the most part.

Well good for you
wc_hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 wc_hunter
Look. I bought Metal Gear for the NES somewhere around 20 years ago. That game was freakin awesome. When I heard about Metal Gear Solid for PS, I bought it the day of release. When the demo for MGS Sons of Liberty was out, bought Zone of Enders and a PS2 just for the demo ( I did get the actual game later). MGS 3 is also on my shelf. And when the PS3 MGS arrives, I'll be playing it too. Any Metal Gear for any system is great. Splinter cell is good, too, but c'mon, no Big Boss? No Revolver Ocelot? No giant mech thingie? This series has lasted for 20 years. What other game would bring a grown man to crawl around his office in an upside down box with eyeholes? If you're just now getting around to getting an Xbox, less than $20 for MGS Sons of Liberty is probably the best value you'll get. 
dan_plus_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 dan_plus_o
[QUOTE="wc_hunter"]Look. I bought Metal Gear for the NES somewhere around 20 years ago. That game was freakin awesome. When I heard about Metal Gear Solid for PS, I bought it the day of release. When the demo for MGS Sons of Liberty was out, bought Zone of Enders and a PS2 just for the demo ( I did get the actual game later). MGS 3 is also on my shelf. And when the PS3 MGS arrives, I'll be playing it too. Any Metal Gear for any system is great. Splinter cell is good, too, but c'mon, no Big Boss? No Revolver Ocelot? No giant mech thingie? This series has lasted for 20 years. What other game would bring a grown man to crawl around his office in an upside down box with eyeholes? If you're just now getting around to getting an Xbox, less than $20 for MGS Sons of Liberty is probably the best value you'll get.

no Big Boss? No Revolver Ocelot? No giant mech thingie?wc_hunter
Yeah, thats one reason why I like Splinter Cell better (more realistic). Its not all big boss battles that are unrealistic. I very much enjoyed Metal Gear solid 1 and have beaten it twice but when I first started MGS2 I was so bored (maybe its because I was used to splinter cell)
mariozelda15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 mariozelda15
Member since 2005 • 1862 Posts

games that need to be added

sw battlefront 2

mechassault 2

pop two thrones

and a few older games like xmen legends 1 mechassault 1 doa 3 and sw battlefront 1 could be considered

taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 taiwanesealn

sw battlefront 2

mariozelda15

That game was almost the same as the first one, just a few more things to do. The rest of the things were already in the first Battlefront. The Jedi character wasn't even done well enough to have fun with in multiplayer.

mechassault 2

mariozelda15

Same thing, it was nothing compared to the first Mech Assault. Mechassault 2 didn't feel like you were running around and actually doing something. It was more like go from point a to b without dying. The body suit was too cheap and could easily take over any mech.

pop two thrones

mariozelda15

I'm getting bored of saying this already. In general, it didn't give the same feel as the first Prince of Persia.

The best in those three series are PoP1, Starwars Battlefront 1, and Mechassault 1. Consider those if they're not already on the list.

guntherpea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#198 guntherpea
Related/Off topic... (a recommendation of sorts) I don't want the Xbox360 email newsletter, nor do I care to hear about the 360 in the Xbox email newsletter. Is there a way to only get Xbox news? I realize it's dying, and when it is completely dead, then I won't want the Xbox newsletter either, but I don't have a 360, I'm not getting a 360 (at least for a long time), so I don't want the two newsletters mixed... They don't mix the PS1 and PS2 and PSP newsletters, so why should the Xboxes, Xboxs, Xboxi... whatever... be mixed? They shouldn't. So, my recommendation is to Gamespot, stop sending me 360 news with my Xbox news.
englentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#199 englentine
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Should I get Xmen Legends 2? I heard that you can't pick up people with flyers this time and some of the powerhouses were weakened. I heard there are no sidequests either. Is it still worth getting or should I get X-men Legends 1? I don't have Xbox Live either.taiwanesealn

Get Them both. They are both pretty good and addicting as hell.

taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 taiwanesealn

[QUOTE="taiwanesealn"]Should I get Xmen Legends 2? I heard that you can't pick up people with flyers this time and some of the powerhouses were weakened. I heard there are no sidequests either. Is it still worth getting or should I get X-men Legends 1? I don't have Xbox Live either.englentine

Get Them both. They are both pretty good and addicting as hell.

Woah I thought no one would ever get to my question. Thanks for responding!