Official Thread of New Xbox Experiences

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

I dig the sleek vibe and looks of the new dashboard, and avatar customization is easy to use, even if the actual options are rather limited. I didn't like the outcome of avatar creation, no matter which options I chose. Maybe that's because I suck at it. Perhaps further down the road more options will be available to customize your avatar. For a small MS points fee, of course.

Until I get a 120gig HDD, I won't be able to check out full game installs. And it'll be a cold day in hell when I actually decide to get one of those. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

Wow.

Lost Odyssey takes up a grand total of 23.3 gigs on the hard drive when you install it. :o

morph_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 morph_basic
Member since 2002 • 1672 Posts

Wow.

Lost Odyssey takes up a grand total of 23.3 gigs on the hard drive when you install it. :o

EdgecrusherAza
Geez. Did they compress a lot of stuff or what? Xbox360 uses dual-layer DVDs I thought, which max at 8.5GB right? Maybe thats why some loading times took forever.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
[QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"]

Wow.

morph_basic

Geez. Did they compress a lot of stuff or what? Xbox360 uses dual-layer DVDs I thought, which max at 8.5GB right? Maybe thats why some loading times took forever.

I never owned the game myself, but IIRC its 3 DVDs.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#105 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I like it overall. Everything loads much faster which is the best thing about it. You can quickly scroll through your friends list and achievments, comparing games etc lightning fast wheras before it was annoyingly long. My avatar looks like a cross between the killer clown form house of 1000 corpses and the penguin. Awesome.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts
I really like the whole new look. I had some fun creating my avatar but I did find myself really craving more features for it, which they said they will be releasing sometime in the near future.
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

I just got done watching Maxed Out and No Country For Old Men on Netflix. The funny thing is that these movies were already in my queue through Netflix, and got imported in when I authorized the Xbox. I think the Netflix thing is brilliant.

I also love how fast this new interface is.... it's much, much faster and less clunky than the old blade system.  

Back to Left 4 Dead. :) 

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44563 Posts
I hope us Canadians get Netflix real soon I mean we're next door neighbors for crying out loud.
hollin24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 hollin24
Member since 2006 • 171 Posts
It is good, i especially like the way you can access the dashboard while your in in game.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts

this is not really much of a change. its nice for the people who want to play different things as a group, or for netflix users, and the install thing is cool, but other than that this is just another routine patch of little note. the only reason the insalling feature is cool is because the system sounds like a shuttle launching, so that is more of a fix than a feature in my eyes.. especially considering the need for massive HDDs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
[QUOTE="morph_basic"][QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"]

Wow.

CarnageHeart

I never owned the game myself, but IIRC its 3 DVDs.

4 DVDs, and each one is like 5 point something gigs. Game took forever to install.

I'm just wondering if you can play the entire game with just Disc 1 inside the console, or if they'll still make you swap discs even though the entire game is on the Hard drive now.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#112 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

I'm just wondering if you can play the entire game with just Disc 1 inside the console, or if they'll still make you swap discs even though the entire game is on the Hard drive now.EdgecrusherAza

The disc is just in there for authentication purposes, the content is all on your HDD. There's no logical reason why you would need to swap discs, but then again, logic isn't all that popular nowadays.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Archangel3371

this is not really much of a change. its nice for the people who want to play different things as a group, or for netflix users, and the install thing is cool, but other than that this is just another routine patch of little note. the only reason the insalling feature is cool is because the system sounds like a shuttle launching, so that is more of a fix than a feature in my eyes.. especially considering the need for massive HDDs.

OneWingedAngeI
I'd have to disagree. This is no routine patch of little note. This is indeed a major overhaul. Some people may not be impressed with all the features but that's irrelevant, the whole system has basically been redesigned in look, feel, and navigation. Everything is smoother, faster, and much easier to access. There's installation of games to the HDD, Avatars, and subtle changes such as game-specific backdrops when something of that game is highlighted for example a video clip of a game. More stuff to view on any particular item each in it's own seperate box. Games in Marketplace now have pictures of that game that can be viewed full-screen and in a slideshow manner. A simple flick of the analog stick will move you forward or backward instantly to the next picture. You can immediately see which games people on your friend's list a playing thanks to the neat little box of the game next to their Avatar and while you could see what games they were playing before this new way is much nicer looking and makes the old way clunky and archaic. Also there's the party feature which is a huge plus and you can also immediately see what parties those on your friend's lists are in. I'm extremely impressed with the whole and definately feel this was all worth the hype and is indeed a new xbox experience.
_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts
It sure would have been nice to remove the disc from the system (after it checks to see if you have it, of course) and let others use the disc for system link purposes. I have a really old PC, but I remember I was able to play system link with one game disc. Not sure if PC games can still do that now, but I thought that was really convenient. Too bad the 360 doesn't allow that.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"]I'm just wondering if you can play the entire game with just Disc 1 inside the console, or if they'll still make you swap discs even though the entire game is on the Hard drive now.UpInFlames

The disc is just in there for authentication purposes, the content is all on your HDD. There's no logical reason why you would need to swap discs, but then again, logic isn't all that popular nowadays.

I don't know if something like that would be all that illogical though since this kind of feature wasn't exactly intended when the game was being developed. It could very well have each seperate disc needed to be each authenticated individually to ensure that each are legit although I find it hard to imagine why one would not have all the legit discs for the game. You could also just start up the game with any one of the discs so I would imagine it would have to authenticate it on each disc. Either way though if you had to change discs I can't see why it would bother anyone, doing so just seems to be so minor as to be irrelevant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
[QUOTE="OneWingedAngeI"]

Archangel3371

I'd have to disagree. This is no routine patch of little note. This is indeed a major overhaul. Some people may not be impressed with all the features but that's irrelevant, the whole system has basically been redesigned in look, feel, and navigation. Everything is smoother, faster, and much easier to access. There's installation of games to the HDD, Avatars, and subtle changes such as game-specific backdrops when something of that game is highlighted for example a video clip of a game. More stuff to view on any particular item each in it's own seperate box. Games in Marketplace now have pictures of that game that can be viewed full-screen and in a slideshow manner. A simple flick of the analog stick will move you forward or backward instantly to the next picture. You can immediately see which games people on your friend's list a playing thanks to the neat little box of the game next to their Avatar and while you could see what games they were playing before this new way is much nicer looking and makes the old way clunky and archaic. Also there's the party feature which is a huge plus and you can also immediately see what parties those on your friend's lists are in. I'm extremely impressed with the whole and definately feel this was all worth the hype and is indeed a new xbox experience.

It might be a "new experience", but I still like the old dashboard better.

Everything good they added, could have been added to the old dashboard. They were just looking for an oppurtunity to casualize the Xbox and this was it. One thing I've disliked about the 360 over the other systems, maybe the only thing, is their need to have my console look like a billboard for ads and crap I could care less for. Now its even worse in that regard. Why do I have to see all these ads when I'm paying for their online service, yet on the PS3 there's no ads at all and its free? I turn on a game console to play games, not look at ads like I'm watching TV.

And avatars are just pointless and not needed. Basically with the new system, all the useless stuff is right in your face, while the good new features are kind of hidden and as I said could have just as easily been added to the old dashboard like every other update. If this is the direction they are going with things, I'm dreading the interface on the next Xbox. Hopefully Sony gets their act together by then and doesn't also go this route. Though Home scares me as well.

Things can be simple and to the point without being cheesy and uber hip.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="OneWingedAngeI"]

EdgecrusherAza

It might be a "new experience", but I still like the old dashboard better.

Everything good they added, could have been added to the old dashboard. They were just looking for an oppurtunity to casualize the Xbox and this was it. One thing I've disliked about the 360 over the other systems, maybe the only thing, is their need to have my console look like a billboard for ads and crap I could care less for. Now its even worse in that regard. Why do I have to see all these ads when I'm paying for their online service, yet on the PS3 there's no ads at all and its free? I turn on a game console to play games, not look at ads like I'm watching TV.

And avatars are just pointless and not needed. Basically with the new system, all the useless stuff is right in your face, while the good new features are kind of hidden and as I said could have just as easily been added to the old dashboard like every other update.

*shrugs* I don't I think Avatars are great myself and just make things more fun. I think they'll really shine in the online Avatar games like that quiz show thing that was shown earlier. I doubt they could have made most of the changes like this with the old system it would have just been menu after menu after menu. With this new system you get more information and stuff much faster and much easier. I really don't see any problem about these "ads". I go to Video Marketplace I see a few top movie picks, I go to Game Marketplace I see a few top game picks. There all relevant to the category it doesn't seem much like ads just some highlighted choices to their category. It's not like I'm seeing ads for other products. Even if I'm not interested in seeing their highlighted choices or new arrivals all I do is just go to the category and press a button to see the whole available list. It really doesn't seem like a bother to me.
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

I'm happy about the Netflix, HD installs and the group chat.

Everything else (especially the additional advertising) I could do without.

it's not an "Experience", it's a patch for the dashboard... more unnecessary bloat in a true Microsoft fashion.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Archangel3371
What is this advertising you people speak of because I'm not seeing it. It's all just highlights of newly added products in their respective categories. To me an an ad or at least an offensive one would be seeing a bunch of stuff that is irrelevant to the category such as seeing a car ad or Pepsi or McDonald's etc. Not everybody is completely up-to-date on all the new games and movies that get released on the 360 and even some who are may need a little reminder when something becomes available.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 juradai
What is this advertising you people speak of because I'm not seeing it. It's all just highlights of newly added products in their respective categories. To me an an ad or at least an offensive one would be seeing a bunch of stuff that is irrelevant to the category such as seeing a car ad or Pepsi or McDonald's etc. Not everybody is completely up-to-date on all the new games and movies that get released on the 360 and even some who are may need a little reminder when something becomes available.Archangel3371
I definitely agree. I find these "advertisements" more like notices and announcements. I think they are placed well in their respective locations and are not distractions at all whatsoever.
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Dire_Weasel

They're advertisements.

Have you noticed that even when you bring up a game in the mini-guide you get a link to something that you can buy from the marketplace for that game?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Archangel3371

They're advertisements.

Have you noticed that even when you bring up a game in the mini-guide you get a link to something that you can buy from the marketplace for that game?

Dire_Weasel
Well how else are you going to showcase what's available on the system? It's not like their throwing up ads for McDonald's telling you to come get the new Happy Meal. And why not provide a link for easy access to all other available content pertaining to that game? They should have it tucked away and hard to find? I don't think so.
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#123 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts
[QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

They're advertisements.

Archangel3371
Well how else are you going to showcase what's available on the system? It's not like their throwing up ads for McDonald's telling you to come get the new Happy Meal. And why not provide a link for easy access to all other available content pertaining to that game? They should have it tucked away and hard to find? I don't think so.

Yeah, if it's game (or especially system-related) I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, there have been a few questionable ads I've seen for Ford (not a popular subject right now!), but they've mostly been all game-related. When they start peddling Palmolive and Huggies on Live, then I'll worry. :P
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

They're advertisements.

Shame-usBlackley

Yeah, if it's game (or especially system-related) I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, there have been a few questionable ads I've seen for Ford (not a popular subject right now!), but they've mostly been all game-related. When they start peddling Palmolive and Huggies on Live, then I'll worry. :P

:lol: Those car manufacturers are really something else eh. Anyway yeah once I start seeing ads like that then I'll worry as well.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 UpInFlames

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]What is this advertising you people speak of because I'm not seeing it. It's all just highlights of newly added products in their respective categories. To me an an ad or at least an offensive one would be seeing a bunch of stuff that is irrelevant to the category such as seeing a car ad or Pepsi or McDonald's etc. Not everybody is completely up-to-date on all the new games and movies that get released on the 360 and even some who are may need a little reminder when something becomes available.juradai
I definitely agree. I find these "advertisements" more like notices and announcements. I think they are placed well in their respective locations and are not distractions at all whatsoever.

I'm with you guys. When people started talking about ads, I was getting worried, but once I checked it out, I was wondering where these ads are.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#126 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

[QUOTE="juradai"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"]What is this advertising you people speak of because I'm not seeing it. It's all just highlights of newly added products in their respective categories. To me an an ad or at least an offensive one would be seeing a bunch of stuff that is irrelevant to the category such as seeing a car ad or Pepsi or McDonald's etc. Not everybody is completely up-to-date on all the new games and movies that get released on the 360 and even some who are may need a little reminder when something becomes available.UpInFlames

I'm with you guys. When people started talking about ads, I was getting worried, but once I checked it out, I was wondering where these ads are.

Yuppers, I think the old interface was a lot more gaudy and in your face with the advertising.  NXE is very subdued in comparison. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

I definitely agree. I find these "advertisements" more like notices and announcements. I think they are placed well in their respective locations and are not distractions at all whatsoever.juradai

Yuppers, I think the old interface was a lot more gaudy and in your face with the advertising.  NXE is very subdued in comparison. 

Subdued? There's like 3 menu's with nothing BUT ads. I haven't seen McDonalds yet (just Burger King) but most of what I have seen isn't any better. Its funny though, almost everyone I talk to offline in the real world doesn't like it ( the new menu). I come on here, and people love it. One guy I work with went so far as to say it looks "too kiddie". I'm not even sure how I'd label it. Maybe too preppy or starbucky. All I know is the old menu was nice and plain. Right to the point. The only thing I disliked were again, the ads. But it was definitely more my style. Its not even copying the Wii as some have said. Sure Wii has Mii's but their not mandatory and in my face. Its just a plain interface. Nor am I bombarded with crap I don't need on it. Same with PS3, nice plain menu. This 360 menu is just a big xboxlive wankfest.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

Subdued? There's like 3 menu's with nothing BUT ads. I haven't seen McDonalds yet (just Burger King) but most of what I have seen isn't any better. Its funny though, almost everyone I talk to offline in the real world doesn't like it ( the new menu). I come on here, and people love it. One guy I work with went so far as to say it looks "too kiddie". I'm not even sure how I'd label it. Maybe too preppy or starbucky. All I know is the old menu was nice and plain. Right to the point. The only thing I disliked were again, the ads. But it was definitely more my style. Its not even copying the Wii as some have said. Sure Wii has Mii's but their not mandatory and in my face. Its just a plain interface. Nor am I bombarded with crap I don't need on it. Same with PS3, nice plain menu. This 360 menu is just a big xboxlive wankfest.EdgecrusherAza
I really don't have the problem you're having with the new menu, because if I even did, I can just hit the guide button and directly access anything I need to without any large scale ads, and do so faster than the old system.

Honestly, I felt the OLD interface felt too 'toy' like in its design and layout, and this newer one is able to fit both an aestetic point and a practical point between the main menus and the guide button.

Generally, I like the new upgrade quite a bit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

[QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"] Subdued? There's like 3 menu's with nothing BUT ads. I haven't seen McDonalds yet (just Burger King) but most of what I have seen isn't any better. Its funny though, almost everyone I talk to offline in the real world doesn't like it ( the new menu). I come on here, and people love it. One guy I work with went so far as to say it looks "too kiddie". I'm not even sure how I'd label it. Maybe too preppy or starbucky. All I know is the old menu was nice and plain. Right to the point. The only thing I disliked were again, the ads. But it was definitely more my style. Its not even copying the Wii as some have said. Sure Wii has Mii's but their not mandatory and in my face. Its just a plain interface. Nor am I bombarded with crap I don't need on it. Same with PS3, nice plain menu. This 360 menu is just a big xboxlive wankfest.Skylock00

I really don't have the problem you're having with the new menu, because if I even did, I can just hit the guide button and directly access anything I need to without any large scale ads, and do so faster than the old system.

That's the funny thing about the new interface; its not even needed. You could have nothing but a background theme onscreen and it wouldn't matter since the guide button now has a blade system with everything on it. Which is why the screen is full of junk and avatars now.

I don't see what was toylike about the blades though. Can't feel you there.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

I don't see what was toylike about the blades though. Can't feel you there.EdgecrusherAza
It was a combination of the general color scheme, how the lines were formed, how it all had a rather cheap, restrictive sort of feel to it. where it was both confusing to tell where things were laid out and what their purpose was (especially advertising, which was more out in the open in the old interface, and more annoying, IMHO).

It just felt like it was trying to be more form over function without any alternatives for speed or convenience.  While the addition of avatar definitely adds a casual edge to the 360's interface, and the level of inner promotional work on the few tabs that have it are weak points, most of the rest of the interface allows for realtively quick access to what I need to find, and if it's not fast enough, the Guide Button fills in the rest of the need without too much trouble.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Im loving how streamlined and fast this thing is. Playing fallout and hitting the guide button to check my achievments takes like a second compared to the gaudy, slow old system. Im definetly noticing most things I use are faster and easier to navigate. Im not really able to check out the instal games feature until I get a bigger HDD but im sure ill like that as well, as it again makes things faster.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Im loving how streamlined and fast this thing is. Playing fallout and hitting the guide button to check my achievments takes like a second compared to the gaudy, slow old system. Im definetly noticing most things I use are faster and easier to navigate. Im not really able to check out the instal games feature until I get a bigger HDD but im sure ill like that as well, as it again makes things faster.GodModeEnabled

The best thing about the install feature is how quick it is, I thought 10 minutes for 4.7 gb of data was pretty impressive. 

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 juradai
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="Dire_Weasel"]

They're advertisements.

Shame-usBlackley

I also like the fact that you can turn off a channel. So, if I were the type that doesn't care about what the community is doing then I can simply turn off the Community Channel. You know whats so funny? The way NXE is set up makes me want to see what the community IS actually doing. Perhaps because it is new but I found myself just navigating through the menus and I was genuinely interested in most of what I saw. I'm hoping they aren't going to stray away from smoothly integrating information into the menu just because someone is ready to write a big check.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Im loving how streamlined and fast this thing is. Playing fallout and hitting the guide button to check my achievments takes like a second compared to the gaudy, slow old system. Im definetly noticing most things I use are faster and easier to navigate. Im not really able to check out the instal games feature until I get a bigger HDD but im sure ill like that as well, as it again makes things faster.HiResDes

The best thing about the install feature is how quick it is, I thought 10 minutes for 4.7 gb of data was pretty impressive. 

And 10 minutes for 6.8 GB is even better. :P Actually I read it takes 10 min for every game regardless of size because it just does a disk image and since it's just one file deleting them only takes a second.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#135 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
While some of these new sections of the dashboard are useless to me, I can't see why people are more upset by the ads on the NXE as they were on the old dashboard. Almost every blade on the old dashboard had 2-3 ads on it that were in your face on the foreground, now if you're looking at a blade and it has an add, it's in the background and can be skipped over in less than a second.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Archangel3371
While some of these new sections of the dashboard are useless to me, I can't see why people are more upset by the ads on the NXE as they were on the old dashboard. Almost every blade on the old dashboard had 2-3 ads on it that were in your face on the foreground, now if you're looking at a blade and it has an add, it's in the background and can be skipped over in less than a second.smerlus
Yeah I don't really understand it either. It all seems relevant to the location you're at and it's not impedeing your progression in any way such as having say a full screen ad pop-up where you have to wait or 'click to proceed'. Surely no one gets upset when they walk into a movie theatre and see posters for movies currently showing or coming soon.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 OneWingedAngeI
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="OneWingedAngeI"]

Do you realize how minimal the changes are? its a new layout, a little bit of code optimization, and some wii's. coding this kind of stuff is akin to slightly advanced web development. There is a reason the patch takes a minute to install, its pretty much nothing. The old dashboard was way better as far as navigation. this way is too scattered. the only thing better is it is a tad faster.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 OneWingedAngeI
wii's = mii's, my edit button has vanished.
Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts
I'm loving the NXE interface. It's a lot more aesthetically pleasing to look at compared to the blades. I've already installed Left 4 Dead and Gears 2 into my 60 HDD and I'll be installing Assassin's Creed later today because I still need to actually finish the game. Everything is a lot smoother with the NXE. Now I just wish the PSP. er I mean the PS3, had an interface facelift.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 UpInFlames

wii's = mii's, my edit button has vanished.OneWingedAngeI

Screw that, half of my new uber-wide sig is gone. :cry:

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

wii's = mii's, my edit button has vanished.OneWingedAngeI

Ditto, though not on the old blades being better

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

[QUOTE="OneWingedAngeI"]wii's = mii's, my edit button has vanished.HiResDes

Does MS even call the menus blades anymore?  That word is a little aggressive part of the point of the new interface was to make the X360 more attractive to the Wii audience (well, that's the impression I got at the last E3 anyway).

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#143 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
[QUOTE="HiResDes"]

[QUOTE="OneWingedAngeI"]wii's = mii's, my edit button has vanished.CarnageHeart

Does MS even call the menus blades anymore? That word is a little aggressive part of the point of the new interface was to make the X360 more attractive to the Wii audience (well, that's the impression I got at the last E3 anyway).

yeah I don't know the actual name they call them but they will always be blades to me.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts
I heard that you can actually delete 0 point games from your history now, but I haven't been able to do it. Anybody figure it out?
morph_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 morph_basic
Member since 2002 • 1672 Posts
I heard that you can actually delete 0 point games from your history now, but I haven't been able to do it. Anybody figure it out?AtomicTangerine
Oooo this would be good
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Dire_Weasel

I found a feature I like with the dashboard patch:

If you plug in a USB keyboard, you can use the arrow keys, return key and escape key to navigate all the menus. The "windows" key on the keyboard brings up the guide.

This has been very useful to me for responding to text messages while within a game ... I grab my keyboard, hit the windows key, type a response, hit return, then escape and I'm back in the game.

I realize that not everyone has a keyboard plugged into their 360, but it's nice for those of us that do.