Nostalgic for a game you never finished or even played?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I don't know if any of you guys gets this it's weird but I get nostalgic for some games I barely touched or didn't even play all together. For example I'm really nostalgic for the first three silent Hill games but I never beat any of them. I only played a little of the first game not that long ago. I remember renting 2 and 3 back in the day but never finishing them. I have really strong nostalgic for this series especially the first game even though I don't remember ever playing it or even knew it existed back in 99.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7338 Posts

I have some nostalgia for Extreme G, but never owned any of them. Hell, never even played XGRA at all. Just tried them out a few times at friends houses. They were fun.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58452 Posts

Back before I had a job and when I was a kid, I'm talking like mid 90's, I subscribed to PC gamer, and they always had demo discs inside with the magazine.

Now, I am super nostalgic over that magazine alone--actual, real, professional gaming journalism, guys! Imagine it!--but the demo gave me a lot of samples of some great games that I never actually bought. So yeah, I'm pretty nostalgic over games like:

• Legacy of Kain, apparently this super-awesome game I only had a taste of.
  • The original Battlefield; I didn't get into the series until BF2.
  • The original Tomb Raider series, like the original original
  • and many more that escape my memory at the moment.

so yeah man @warmblur I don't think it's weird at all to be nostalgic over games you never really played.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Back before I had a job and when I was a kid, I'm talking like mid 90's, I subscribed to PC gamer, and they always had demo discs inside with the magazine.

Now, I am super nostalgic over that magazine alone--actual, real, professional gaming journalism, guys! Imagine it!--but the demo gave me a lot of samples of some great games that I never actually bought. So yeah, I'm pretty nostalgic over games like:

• Legacy of Kain, apparently this super-awesome game I only had a taste of.
  • The original Battlefield; I didn't get into the series until BF2.
  • The original Tomb Raider series, like the original original
  • and many more that escape my memory at the moment.

so yeah man @warmblur I don't think it's weird at all to be nostalgic over games you never really played.

Me too I still considered it the goat of the series. But anyways yeah, PC gamer was a great magazine I was subscribed to it too but in the mid to late 00's. I remember demo disc as well I miss that era I also was subscribed to Gamepro back in the early to mid 90's I just wish I kept all my old gaming mags for nostalgia alone.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15977 Posts

Nostalgia towards Starcraft Brood War and Age of Empires 3.

Immense love towards Starcraft and Warcraft 3 spent a lot with the 2 games but I never finished the expansion, Brood War. Idk why I got it installed but I never actually bothered to start it. Usually I just go to either custom match or multiplayer.

I love AoE 3, more than AoE2 but same case as Starcraft I never actually finished the expansions. Bought both expansion day 1 but never actually played any of the campaign or units... probably because I was in college and used my time for something else.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11683 Posts

Use to watch a lot of people play Virtua Fighter games in the arcades. Only ever tried it once (VF3) and because it was so different from Soul and Tekken never tried again. Watching people go at it though was a joy and sometimes groups would gather to watch the local tournaments.

Virtua Fighter was never crazy popular, but I cannot deny that the dedicated players for those complex games are entertaining to watch.

bitnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 bitnights
Member since 2021 • 25 Posts

I feel your pain, I got some nostalgia for some old games but my problem is that some of them are not available anymore -> this make the nostalgic itch even worst

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#9 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

I'm nostalgic for Frogger 2. Good times, I remember playing Frogger 2 and it was a good time when my cousin' gave me a PS1 as a loan.

I have nostalgia of Sega CD games but I only had a glance of them. Or whatever was on Screwattack with Stuttering Craig and Handsome Tom.

I never got to play Shadows of Colossus but I suppose I am tempted to.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4262 Posts

I would say perfect dark because I played and finished goldeneye 007,

Or the newer NBA Jam games.