Nostalgia mode turned on! Post your gaming history here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts

Ok, name your favourite games as well.

--

Sega Master System - My very first game platform, remember playing Sonic games, a Steamboat Willy game and a Lion King game (can't really remember I was very little)

SNES - Filled the hole in my hearth when my Master System dyed. Played Donkey Kong Country and Mario games

Moved to PC gaming, since all other systems were too expensive to buy. My best moments were playing Curse of Monkey Island, Twinsen Odyssey, Grim Fandango, Myst and Silver.

GBA - First game I got was Zelda a Link to the Past, then Final Fantasies, Pokemon and Mega Man Zero games.

Game Cube - By that time I was in love with Nintendo :P Zelda Wind Waker, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Baten Kaitos

PS2 - I bought it influentiated by my school friends, surelly my favourite system of all time. The games I liked the most were Okami, Final Fantasy XII, Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Final Fantasy XI and Monster Hunter.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

for me it goes like this:

The Nintendo 64 was my first videogame system at the age of 4. I loved it and had most of the great games for it. Later I got a gamecube about a year into it's release. I loved and still love it. I played over 300 hours on Super Smash Bros Melee, the gamecube is my favorite console of all time and ssbm is my favorite game of all time. Then i got a wii. There were some disapointments but now i look at it as a stepping stone in the motion controlled gaming line. After that i got my first non-nintendo sytem and got an Xbox 360. Now I am trying to discover the times i never experienced with a super nintendo. Now I am pretty familiar with the Super nes and Nes eras' but i will never experience it as if i had been around the original realease date. Nintendo is awesome.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
NES - Not much memory here, too young to play it SNES - Yoshi's Island, Mario All stars, ALTTP, many good memories here. N64 - I could write a 5 page essay of all the good memories I had with the N64, easily my favorite console ever, Rare and Nintendo were in top form here, best gaming memories ever
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

NES:

my Uncle lent it to my family for about a year when i was 2. He then took it back a year later. First game I ever played was either super mario or super mario 3. I also went to the babysitters often where they had an NES. This kept me occupied till I got an SNES till my fourth birthday.

Snes:

This was pretty much the greatest time of my life. First game I beat for SNES was Super Mario World. Then I moved on to games such as Mega man x, final fantasy 2 and 3, Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG, and my all time favorite game. Chrono Trigger.

N64:

I got this for one of my birthdays. I can't remember which one though haha. First game I beat was Super Mario 64. Then I moved onto games like starfox, and Golden Eye. This first introduced me to the FPS genre. A year after I got my N64 I got Ocarina of time which is one of my all time favorites.

PS2:

First game I beat..... I can't remember, but what can ya say. Metal gear solid 2 and 3, God of War, Final fantasy 10.

Xbox 360:

This is where I'm at right now. Favorite game for the xbox 360 is probably dead rising. I really enjoy games like Rock Band and alot others. I could go on forever.

Anyways that's pretty much my life story.

neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

My first console was the Sony Playstation... I loved the original Gran Turismo, and later Gran Turismo 2. The first 2 Tony Hawk's games stole my heart, and THPS2 is my number 1 favourite game of all time. Also Theme Park World occupied many of my hours, as did various sports titles, such as FIFA 98, 2000, ISS 2, Brian Lara Cricket and World Championship Snooker.

Eventually upgraded to a PS2 with LOTR: Two Towers game, which was really good. My PS2 was mainly used as a Pro Evo machine, and then Vice City and San Andreas. San Andreas stands as one of my top 3 or 4 games ever. Gran Turismo 4 had me hooked for ages, and there were many many other games I enjoyed thoroughly.

Along with my consoles I've been a PC gamer, clocking up 1000s and 1000s of hours of Championship Manager and later, Football Manager, which were the only thing I did during the year or two where my PS2 broke.

I eventually got a new PS2, but all my games were either outdated, broken or just not very good, so I got a few new games, before discovering emulators.

I played all of the great N64 games that i knew about, loving BK, SM64 and LoZOoT in particular. I also played many of the great SNES games, like Chrono Trigger and Earthbound.

My brothergot an Xbox 360, which is brilliant, although the only game I've completed on it is Lego Star Wars. I've played quite a bit of Mass Effect, Halo 3 and PES09/10 and Banjo nuts and bolts. My favourite game for the 360 is probably SoulCaliburIV... At least that's the game, apart from PES, that I've played the most.

About 5 months after my brother got his 360, I got a Wii. I finally owned a Nintendo console. I've played Super Mario Galaxy to death, collecting all 120 stars with both Mario and Luigi... twice each. Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl have both been played extensively, and I've completed Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario, both of which I loved.I'm currently playing through No More Heroes, which is quite fun, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy, which is just mindblowing.

About 2 months ago, I left home to university, and took my Wii and PS2. I've been buying PS2 games, as they are now very cheap and I can pick up gems which I missed out on at their time of release. Games like THPS3 and Soulcalibur II are amazing, and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into FFX and God of War II.

My favourite games of all time are: 1. THPS2, 2. Super Mario Galaxy, 3. Banjo-Kazooie, 4. GTA-San Andreas.

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts
NES: Started playing super mario bros when i was 3 or 4 and use to have to show my parents how to complete levels and secrets aha. didn't play smb2 till way later but that doesn't matter, it ended up being a terrible game. smb3 of course, blades of steel, 2 types of ninja turtles games, this snowboarding game that I forget the title.... final fantasy 1 was amazing although it's weird because even though I LOVED FF1 for some reason i never kept up with the series and have yet to play any others. SNES: Never owned this awesome system regrettably but I found a way to get my fair share in by playing it at friends houses, and i use to go with my mom when i was young to her 2 friends houses alot where they both had the system where I played such classics as donkey kong country 1 & 2, super mario world, street fighter, super mario rpg and the zelda game which i think was called "a link to the past"? Thanks to the VC on my wii Im finally able to play some of these classics in the comfort of my own home ;) N64: I was always a system behind and got the n64 when or right before I think the ps2 or maybe it was gamecube (Didn't get into gamecube i hated the controller) came out. Some of my favourites mario kart(found so many shortcuts and glitches that use to piss off all my friends) , dk64, super smash bros(im godly at it!) One of favs of all time being zelda-ocarina of time, majoras mask was fun too. Golden eye of course was a blast. Mario Party 1. Paper mario. Thats all i can remember atm. PS2: Like I said before I was always a system behind and got the ps2 not until again when or soon before i think it was the ps3 came out. There were some fun games but nothing really special for me to talk about. Played some grand theft autos and some dbz games and that was it. Wii: Just recently purchased a wii. mario party 8 as well as super paper mario were a huge let down for me. super smash brawl is hard to get use to the new feeling but im trying to get use to it and see if i like it. Super Mario Bros Wii is alot of fun. Some games Im looking to buy are.... okami, zedla TP, apparently theres a new zelda game on its way too I hear so im stoked for that. dragonball-revenge of king picollo, and mario galaxy as well as MG2 if I like the first one. I'm gonna buy it cause its mario and has good reveiws but iunno... I'm scared i'll think its too weird playing my heroic plumber in space and not like it. I also want to try modern warfare with the wii gun. I'm usually against fps away from the computer but this could be fun.
itstito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 itstito
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

My first love was the NES. Played tons of games on it, favourites being Super Mario Bros., Chip and Dale 2, Bonk's Adventure (does anyone else here dig the theme music for this?), Lion King, Contra 1 and 2, Elevator Action, Banana Prince and Alladin. Lots more, actually. Would fill up the entire space if I got down to it :) I remember Excite Bike and Lode Runner being surprise favourites.

Then, I delved more into PC gaming. I remember cutting my teeth with Delta Force, Age of Empires 2. Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 combined became a changing point in my gaming life. They were just that good. Sure, better games have come and gone, but I'll forever remember the great times I had with those two. Hitman 2 was a personal favourite. Then, the entire rpg phase took over, and its still there. Planescape, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale...godly games, all of 'em. Never did mind the graphics. In fact, I quite loved them, and still am of the opinion they hold up well even today. Tomb Raider Chronicles and Tomb Raider 3 were childhood favourites...I don't know how much I'd like them now, but I remember having a blast with those two. Other nostalgic favourites include Recoil, Crimson Skies, Heretic 2, Motorcycle Madness and of course, Quake and Unreal Tournament. Recently, I am loving replaying the Fallout series all over again. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 almost ruined my life. Pc gaming took up and still forms a major chunk of my gaming life.

SNES. Lord, where do I ever begin. This has to be the most fun I've ever had in my life. You know what I'm talking about. This could just be the greatest console of all time. I remember crying when I played Zelda. And Super Mario World. Yoshi's Island WAS ART, gentlemen. It rarely gets better than Yoshi's Island. Chrono Trigger introduced me to JRPGs. Final Fantasy 3 was out of this world. The SNES had such an amazing library.

When it comes to the N64, Ocarina of Time changed my life all over again. It was a sublime experience. That game deserves every bit of the praise it gets. It truly is one of the greatest games ever made. In my opinion, nothing on the N64, or any other platform, has even come close to OoT. Super Mario 64 was a lot of fun too, but I prefer 2d anyday when it comes to platforming. Rayman 2 however, was a pleasant exception.

The PSX I'm not overly fond of, although I know just how favourite a console it is with most gamers. Chrono Cross and Castlevania SoTN were two outstanding games I have to dig up and finish again. I just have to. FF7 I could never get into. Sadly, since FF6, I haven't been able to enjoy any 3d Final Fantasy. Dunno why.

The PS2 brought with it Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, God of War 2 and FFX. Shadow of the Colossus is probably one of gaming's true achievements. It is an otherworldly experience. FFX was touching and fun and the eye candy was brilliant but the cutscenes and blitzball ruined it for me. Well, almost. Still, that was one fine game. Okami was beautiful. Am still playing it. God of War 2 was bloody brilliant! :P

Oops, I missed out on Genesis! How could I have! Shining Force 2, Sonic, Landstalker, Ristar and Castle of Illusion. Phantasy Star 4. Ah, good times.

Avatar image for ratchet_ruler88
ratchet_ruler88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ratchet_ruler88
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

NES - Super Mario Bros., Tecmo Bowl and TMNT

N64 - Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, and Starfox 64

GC - Resident Evil 4, Prince of Persia SoT, and Super Smash Bros. Melee

PC - Battlefield, Unreal Tournament, Command & Conquer

PS2 - Ratchet & Clank, God of War, and Mercenaries

XB360 - Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Assassin's Creed, got RROD.

Wii - No More Heroes, Okami, and Rayman Raving Rabbids

PS3 - Dead Space, inFamous, Battlefield Bad Co.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

Started playing super mario bros when i was 3 or 4 and use to have to show my parents how to complete levels and secrets aha. knuckl3head

THIS!!

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

Nostalgia wise, first Jungle Hunt, Ms.Pacman, Yar's Revenge and a load of others on the Atari 2600.

Game and watch games were great too, remember playing them in the playground. Also, other cheap LCD handhled games.

Super Mario Land on original GameBoy (only one kid in the whole school owned one.)

NES = Super Mario Bros.. Super Mario Bros 3 and TMNT.

SNES = Super Mario World, StarFox etc

PlayStation = Tomb raider

N64 = Mario 64. StarFox etc

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#11 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i started on the nes

had about 100 titles when i pawned it off -ormy mom pawned it off , fav nes game smb3 /or duckhunt and micromachines

snes was bought xmas 93 w top gear smk etc got only 38 by the timei sold it reboguht it and now have 126 games for it , fav -top gear smk smw and dkc series

in 96 got the n64 w mario 64 and pilot wings, ended with 98 games total , favorites -goldneye perfectdark duke nukem mario kart 64 super mario 64

in 1998 i got a ps1 w four games spyro cras 3 odd world and nfs 3 hp favorite was that game nfa 3 had 101 when i got the next consoles

in2000 got a ps2 w top gear onimusha fur fighters and agent under fie still colectin for it and i got like 80 games

in 2001 got a gamecube w luigi mansion and wave race 2 , , , favorite =timesplitters have 96 games total

in 2002 xmas got a gba 2003 go the sp model in 2005 i got the micro ,, aND HAVE 49 games total

in 2003 i got a xbox w sega gt 2002 amped andjsrf have 85 games , fav -state of emergency /timesplitters

in 2004 i got a slim ps2 , , to replace fat

in 2004 i also got a ds -

2005-i got a pspin the followin yr i got the psp 2000 whch is the current one i got and have 18 games total fav nfs undercover

in 2006 i got a dslite

in 2006 i got an xbox360 w pgr3 pd0 nfs mw and kameo , fav game so far saints row 2 and i got 113 games for it

in 2006 late- i got a wii at launch w zelda tp and red steel and cod 3 first vc titles -super mario bros mariokart 64 and zelda 1 ,, fav so far- dead space/mariokart fav vc -zombie at my nieghbors - total-100+

in 2007 i got a ps3 60 gig-nfs carbon was the first game ,, favorite so far -saints row 2 /gt5 p total of 30 games for it

in 2008 i got these 5 consoles -game gear 13 game so far fav -sonic atari2600 w pac man mrs pac man street race and super break out fav-mrs pac man

late 08 -dreamcast - wi 15 games so far fav test drive 6 and sega satun w 4 games favorite-nfs1

in 2009 i got the dsi which was the most recent purchase now i have like27 ds games total ,

tommorow- ps3 slim w what ever

other purchases gbc -1999 , 10 games fav-smb delux gb 1 game smland 22008

total number of games -1005 (last 5 purchases - dead space extraction wii -new super mario bros wii 101 in 1 party -wii super mario strikers charged wii and madden 10 -xbox 360

pc games-18 fav nfs hp2/gta san andreas

thats the end, excludes xbox 360 n64 etc replacments over the yrs from 96 -08

over all i have bought a console every year since 360s launch

Link_dude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Link_dude23
Member since 2006 • 1171 Posts

Oh gosh where to begin.

The earliest console I remember having was definitely the SNES. I remember playing LoZ: a Link to the Past and some Mario game in my brothers room. I was really little and rarely got past the first few levels of that Mario game, but I still had loads of fun. A Link to the Past definitely got me into videogames a lot more. I played that a ton and beat it a few times, mostly with the help of my two older brothers (I was young sheesh). I then remember getting the Nintendo 64. That was a fun console to be played with siblings. I played SSB, rampage, Star Fox 64, and Super Mario 64. Those were my favorite memories of gaming. I also had Orcarina of Time for the 64. That is still my favorite game of all time. It was also the first game I beat by myself. I also remember Majoras Mask being a huge letdown. The next console we got was a Gamecube. (I'm not gonna go into handheld gaming, cuz that would b way to much text.) I remember getting Rogue Squadron before the console even came out somehow. The gamecube was soldout everywhere, but we randomely found it at target where they had full stock. My favorite games on that where SSBM, Wind Waker, some James Bond game, and a few others I can't remember. The system after that was, of course, a Wii. That was a huuuge mistake. The only game I liked on it was Super Paper Mario. For my 15th birthday I got my first non-nintendo system, the xbox 360. This was probably the first system I got addicted too. I poured tons of hours into, Oblivion, Gears of War, Halo 3, GTA IV, Mass Effect, and others. For my 16th birthday, instead of egttting a car, I got a PS3 and played several great games on that too. That was recently tho so I can't go into nostalgia for that. And now, here I am today. :)

Link_dude23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Link_dude23
Member since 2006 • 1171 Posts

Oh I forgot about my favorite fighting game of all time for the gamecube, It was something Bloody Roar, wehre you coudl turn intoan animal. I would go badger or soemthing like that and pwn my brothers.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
PC - hell if I remember SNES - Super Mario All Stars, Donkey Kong Country, Legend of Zelda, Killer Instinct PLAYSTATION - MGS, Chrono Trigger, Grand Turismo PC - Diablo, Startcraft, Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, Rainbow Six, Crimson Skies XBOX -Prince of Persia, Jade Empire, NDS - NSMW, Mario Kart, GTAIV PC - Crysis, TF2, Burnout Paradise
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

My gaming history: Atari 2600 --> Commodore 64 --> Gameboy --> Master System --> Nes --> Megadrive --> Playstation --> Gameboy Color --> N64 --> Dreamcast --> Playstation 2 --> Gamecube --> xbox --> Neogeo pocket color --> gameboy advance --> DS --> Black PSP --> xbox360 --> White PSP --> Wii --> DS light --> Playstation 3 --> PSP Go --> ??

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

i started on the nes

had about 100 titles when i pawned it off -ormy mom pawned it off , fav nes game smb3 /or duckhunt and micromachines

snes was bought xmas 93 w top gear smk etc got only 38 by the timei sold it reboguht it and now have 126 games for it , fav -top gear smk smw and dkc series

in 96 got the n64 w mario 64 and pilot wings, ended with 98 games total , favorites -goldneye perfectdark duke nukem mario kart 64 super mario 64

in 1998 i got a ps1 w four games spyro cras 3 odd world and nfs 3 hp favorite was that game nfa 3 had 101 when i got the next consoles

in2000 got a ps2 w top gear onimusha fur fighters and agent under fie still colectin for it and i got like 80 games

in 2001 got a gamecube w luigi mansion and wave race 2 , , , favorite =timesplitters have 96 games total

OMG, walking into your gaming room must be like walking into Gamestop:P

in 2002 xmas got a gba 2003 go the sp model in 2005 i got the micro ,, aND HAVE 49 games total

in 2003 i got a xbox w sega gt 2002 amped andjsrf have 85 games , fav -state of emergency /timesplitters

in 2004 i got a slim ps2 , , to replace fat

in 2004 i also got a ds -

2005-i got a pspin the followin yr i got the psp 2000 whch is the current one i got and have 18 games total fav nfs undercover

in 2006 i got a dslite

in 2006 i got an xbox360 w pgr3 pd0 nfs mw and kameo , fav game so far saints row 2 and i got 113 games for it

in 2006 late- i got a wii at launch w zelda tp and red steel and cod 3 first vc titles -super mario bros mariokart 64 and zelda 1 ,, fav so far- dead space/mariokart fav vc -zombie at my nieghbors - total-100+

in 2007 i got a ps3 60 gig-nfs carbon was the first game ,, favorite so far -saints row 2 /gt5 p total of 30 games for it

in 2008 i got these 5 consoles -game gear 13 game so far fav -sonic atari2600 w pac man mrs pac man street race and super break out fav-mrs pac man

late 08 -dreamcast - wi 15 games so far fav test drive 6 and sega satun w 4 games favorite-nfs1

in 2009 i got the dsi which was the most recent purchase now i have like27 ds games total ,

tommorow- ps3 slim w what ever

other purchases gbc -1999 , 10 games fav-smb delux gb 1 game smland 22008

total number of games -1005 (last 5 purchases - dead space extraction wii -new super mario bros wii 101 in 1 party -wii super mario strikers charged wii and madden 10 -xbox 360

pc games-18 fav nfs hp2/gta san andreas

thats the end, excludes xbox 360 n64 etc replacments over the yrs from 96 -08

over all i have bought a console every year since 360s launch

mariokart64fan

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Started with the Commodore 64. Loved it at the time but looking back, it was a crap gaming platform. Moved onto the NES. Loved it. Sold the NES and got a Mega Drive. That was great. Sold the Mega Drive and got a Master System. Not sure why I did this. It was quite a big step back going from the MD to the MS. I think I was just tired of gaming at that time. I remember the MS was really cheap. I quickly got bored with the MS and sold it. I later got a SNES. I got the SNES a year after it was released. I don't think I've ever been so happy to own a console as I was when my parents bought me that SNES. I can still remember the day I came home from school and it was on the kitchen table. I wasn't allowed to play it until Christmas, though. After the SNES I had an N64, Atari Jaguar and PS1. Not at the same time. I had one then the other. It was during this gen that I really wasn't a gamer. I hardly owned any games for these systems and didn't really play them. I completely lost interest. I'm not sure why. Some amazing games were released at this time for the N64 and PS1. I got a PS2 shortly after it was released. Wasn't really impressed by it. I got an Xbox about a year after it was released, to go along with my PS2. It was the Xbox that really got me back into loving gaming. It was games like Halo CE, Ninja Gaiden, Riddick, Half-Life 2, Splinter Cell, Manhunt, PGR2 and Doom 3 that really made me love gaming again. Xbox Live helped too. I've been an Xbox Live member since 2003. The Xbox gen was also the first time I owned all the main consoles for that gen, at the same time. I bought a GC shortly after I bought the Xbox. Owning all three was great. I got to play Halo, Metroid Prime and God of War. It was at this time I realized owning all the consoles was the only way to do it. I've still got my PS2, Xbox and GC. I've got this gens three main consoles and I bought my first ever gaming PC earlier this year. I've got a Saturn and a few other consoles too. I've spent a small fortune on games, and machines that play games, over the last couple of years. I'm kinda getting bored with gaming ATM. I used to love spending hours playing games when I got the chance. Now it's like I have to force myself to play something. I regularly go days without touching any games. I think the last time I played a game was the early hours of Saturday morning. Going forward, I'm going to try to spend less money on gaming and spend more time playing the games I've already got.
Avatar image for kingofcosmos231
kingofcosmos231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 kingofcosmos231
Member since 2008 • 763 Posts

I started at 5 with a Game Boy Color with Pokemon red and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

I moved onto bigger rpgs like Dragon Quest 1 and 2 and even more Pokemon games.

By 9 I got a Ps2 with Sly Cooper and and DBZ Budokai, then started getting deeper games like Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, and Dragon Quest VII and VIII, and The MGS series

I then got a PSP with Ridge Racer and MGS PO

I got a DS Lite with Zelda, New SMB, etc.

Finally I got a Wii with Zelda, Mario Galaxy, and then all the major titles of the Wii

Understandably, with the way the Wii has been going, I ordered a PS3 for Christmas with GOW Collection, LBP, and MGS4

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#19 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
Ok, I like nostalgia my gaming history goes osmething like this NES: my first game was Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt Bundle, my favorite games on the system are Super Mario Bros. 3, Double Dragon 2, and Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, I was around 3 years old so not a lot of memories SNES:my first game was Super Mario World and my favorite games on the system are Super Mario World (even better? Mario All Stars + Super Mario World) The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past, Street Fighter II and Super Metroid, I wasn't an avid gamer at the time to be honest N64: my first game again was Super Mario 64, and my favorite games on the system are: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros. Star Fox 64, Goldeneye 007 and Banjo-Tooie, this console started to consolidate me as a real gamer Gamecube: my first game was Star Wars Bounty Hunter and my favorite games on the system were: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime at this point I was eager to play other kind of games aside from the nintendo published ones Xbox: My first game was Dead or Alive 3, and my favorite games on the system were: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Prince of Persia the Sands of Time trilogy, Star Wars Battlefront and Fable Xbox 360 my current console, my first game was Perfect Dark Zero, and some of my favorites at this point are: Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Assassin's Creed, The Elders Scroll IV Oblivion and Far Cry 2 my top games at this moment are: TloZ ocarina of time, mass effect, Splinter Cell Chaos theory,resident evil 4, TLoZ Twilight Princess, Fallout 3, Super smash Bros, KotOR, Rainbow Six Vegas and Prince of PErsia the sands of time
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

i started with the mushroom man and the grey box

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

1988- Year of the beginning of gaming for me. I was 5. I got a NES and Super Mario Bros from my parents. My first game that I beat was Legend of Zelda.

I got a SNES andSega Genesis again from my parents. Both consoles are still the best consoles ever made.

The N64 was the first console that I paid from myself. I was around 16 years old.

I also got a Dreamcast and a PS2. I sold both.

I went to PC gaming in the late 90s. I still got a GameCube.

In 2007, I got a Wii and I'm still a PC gamer.

After 20 years, I'm now burned of gaming in general. I'm planning to move on after this gen.

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

n64 - I remember playing Orcarina Of Time, Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye these were all 10 /10 games

GBC - The best handheld ever I remember Dragon Quest 1,2,3, Pokemon Blue, Gold and Super Mario

GBA - I mainly played Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics and Pokemon but I really enjoyed SRPGs

DS - Kinda Dissapointed at first but soon warmed up to it, I love Pokemon Platinum and Chrono Trigger

PS2 - Amazing I love FFX and the Metal Gears

PSP - I really like the psp, Star Ocean and Disgaea are just fantastic

Ps3 - Prtty Gd , I only really like Dead Space, Little Big Plant, Battlefield Bad Company Disgaea 3 and Valkyria Chronicles though..

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

1993, I remember playing Super Maio Bros/Duck Hunt when I was 3. The first games I remember playing were Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Land, Tetris, Super Mario World, Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Word Munchers, Oregon Trail and Super Mario All Stars.

1998, I owned a PC with Sega Smash Pack 2, Sonic and Knuckles Collection, Sonic 3d Blast, Age of Empires and Driver.

Jump to 2004 and I was given a Playstation. The reason for getting a console so late was because my mother did not want to buy me a videogame console. I owned Ape Escape, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, Final Fantasy IX, WWF Smackdown, Crash Bandicoot 2, Mortal Kombat Trilogy and demos of Metal Gear Solid, Einhaider and Bushido Blade.

Later that year during the holidays, I got a Gamecube with Mario Kart Double Dash for $99 plus tax. Today I have almost 30 games for that system.

2007, I bought a Wii and I bought a new PC that could play games mainly from last gen games.

2008, I got a used PS2 for free.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Spectrum ZX 128k+. Fave game? Exolon, if memory serves.

Sega Master System. Fave game? Probably Wonder Boy III, although Rescue Mission was pretty good too.

Super NES. Fave game? A Link to the Past, with honourable mentions going to Street Fighter II, Illusion of Time (or Illusion of Gaia, if you prefer) and Shadowrun.

PlayStation. Fave game? All the Resident Evil titles, rolled up into one ball of virus-infected goodness.

N64. Fave game? Lylat Wars, I would say.

PS2. Fave game? If all the Onimusha titles can count as one game, then that's the one. Honourable mention goes to Deus Ex.

Xbox. Fave game? I'm actually drawing a blank here. :(

Gamecube. Fave game? Los of good stuff on the 'cube, but the RE remake and Eternal Darkness have the strongest hold on my affections.

And that's it for the legacy stuff.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Sega Master System - Great console. My favourite games were Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Sonic. I'd say the master system version of sonic is the best 8 bit game ever(never had a nes but I do have a plug in and play controller thing that has 180 nes games on it plus I've downloaded a few others as well). I've also got a pretty soft spot for a game called Quartet. Had loads of fun with that game.

Sega Megadrive - Amazing console. Too many amazing games to name for that console. Obviously the Sonic series is my favourite, with Sonic 3 & Knuckles being my favourite of the series. Streets of Rage is another one of my favourites, particularly the first one. Thats right I think the first one is the best!

PlayStation - So many amazing games I had for this. My favourites were the Tomb Raider series and the Crash Bandicoot series. I also loved Crash Team Racing, which to this day is still the best kart racing game ever made. I also have to give hoourable mention to a game that never gets any mention on the PS1. Pong: the next level. Awesome game! It's basically pong with power ups and loads of different gameplay types. It's really fun.

PlayStation 2 - The Grand Theft Auto series. Nuff said! San Andreas is my favourite game of all time and that's probably never going to change. RE4 is another one of my favourites on the PS2 as is Canis Canem Edit. Sonic Heroes is another one of my favourites and it was my favourite platformer on the PS2. I also love the Lego Star Wars games and God of War 2.

Wii - Zelda Twilight Princess is my favourite game for it. It's my second favourite game of all time. I also love mario galaxy, super paper mario and nsmb wii. I think this is probably the worst console I've ever owned to be honest due to it's limited library of games I enjoy, but it's not that bad. The great games I mentioned make up for this somewhat, plus it has the amazing virtual console.

Xbox 360 - Pretty good console. The console and this generation in generals focus on shooters and online are what makes me not hold it in as high a regard as my old Sega and PlayStation consoles. Still, it does have alot of games I've enjoyed. My favourites are Saints Row 2 and GTA IV. I also loved Prototype.

PS3 - Haven't bought that many games for it to be honest, but it seems largely the same as the 360 library wise. My favourite game I've bought for the console is Batman Arkham Asylum.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

my first console was an atari 7800.. i used to play pole postion .

then i got my nes at 5 years old. it had rob the robot, light gun, duck hunt/supermariobros and gyromite.. i bought a lot of games for it... like baseball, duck tales, contra, super mario bros 2, ikari warrorirs, wizards and warriors, legend of zelda 1 and 2,ninja turtles(never beat it), i borrowed metroid from a friend that loved it, mike tysons punchout, i rented chip and dales, blaster master, kid icarus i played but couldnt beat and others.

then i got the snes when it came out. i played super mario world the most. loved street fighter 2, yoshis island, final fight 1, star fox, pilot wings, legend of zelda link to the past. i played super mario kart at my cousins house. a friend of mine had a genesis and i was a bit jealous of sonic and other games. but sega was my enemy so i never bought that.

n64 was awesome and i still have it here :). i would go play the super mario 64 demo at toys r us before it was released... my best friend beat it at the store before i did.. then i got oacrina of time and majoras mask and i would get drunk and play mario kart with friends(was my fav game), it wasnt until years later that i discovered and loved smash 64.

after this i got burned out... and didnt buy a system until 2008 with the wii..

Avatar image for strategik_basic
strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 strategik_basic
Member since 2002 • 364 Posts

NES - Too many games that I loved to play, I guess if I had to minimize the list my faves would have to be River City Ransom, Tecmo Super Bowl, Metroid, and Trojan

SNES - Once again too many great games, narrowing the list down would be Street Fighter, Super Metroid, Act Raiser, Super Mario Kart, and Contra III

N64 - Mario 64, Zelda OOT, Mario Kart 64, and Goldeneye

PS1 - Again a bunch of great games, narroed down list - Final Fantasy Tactics, Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania SOTN, and Ninja

PS2 - A plethora of great titles, minimized list - God of War I/II, Rogue Galaxy, Disgaea 1&2, and MGS3

XBOX - KOTOR I/II, Ninja Gaiden, Fable and Chronichles of Riddick

Gamecube - Tales of Symphonia, Mario Kart, Resident Evil 4, and Metroid Prime

XBOX 360 - Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden II, Gears of War, and Dead Space

H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 H_U_R_D
Member since 2006 • 4006 Posts

NES: first system i ever played...prolly back in the early 90's...when i was a we lad lol but the only games of note were Super Mario and Duck Hunt

SNES: my cousins had one, and i would go over there and play it: F-Zero, Sumer Mario Land(or whatever its called), Jurassic Park

Genesis: my other cousins had one, the only games of note were Sonic and Road Rash

N64: late 90's brought me this gem of a system, with games like Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros, Jet Force Gemeni, Gex the Gecko, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask...etc.

Gameboy Color/Advance SP: since they are both pretty much the same, im goin to lump them in together...i remember back in '98 or '99, and i was in 2nd grade, and all the rage of course was Pokemon lol, so of course, gotta get me my purple gameboy color and Pokemon Red...good times lol.

I bought my GBA SP last year i think, i was in need of a handheld, and i didnt want to spend 200 bones on a DS or PSP, so i got a used SP for 40(the one that came with the good backlight) and i currently have 8 GBA games and 6 GB/GBC games...the ones of note: Pokemon Emerald, Advance Wars 1 & 2, GT Advance 3, Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 & 2, Metroid 2, Super Mario World 2...and i am stil finding old games i want to purchase for it, and will prolly do so

PS2: I got it in late 2000, the year it came out...i bought Gran Turismo 3, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, and GTA 3 with it...it still has some of the best games i have ever played for it, like Final Fantasy X, Gta Vice City and San Andreas, God of War 1 & 2, Killzone, NFS Underground 1 & 2, Deux Ex, MLB The Show...the list goe on and on

Xbox: I got my orig Xbox in 2001 for x-mas...and i still have it and play it occasionally, currently i only have Freedom Fighters and Jade Empire, but Deus Ex: Invisble War is on the way, and i plan on getting both KOTOR's and Jedi Knight Jedi Academy...and maybe Shenmue 2

Xbox 360: got it really late, July 2008 i believe...last model for the 20 gig harddrive, and it was 3 months before the price drop...which pissed me off lol. i recently got it banned from live, cuz its modded, and i have about 33 games for it, 3 arcade(Castle Crashers, Alien Hominid, Texas Hold Em) and the best one i have is def Mass Effect for sure...if u wanna see the whole list, just look at my profile

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

NES - Mega Man 2/3, Super Mario Bros. 1/2/3, Tetris, Werewolf, Duck Hunt, Wario's Woods, Rally Racing, Paper Boy, The Legend of Zelda 1/2, Final Fantasy 4

SEGA Genesis/CD - Sonic The Hedgehog 1/2/3/Pinball/CD, Vectorman, Gunstar Heroes, Shinobi, Virtual On, Ecco the Dolphin, Knights

SNES- Mega Man X/X2, Super Mario World 1/2, Streets of Rage 2, Mortal Kombat, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mystical Ninja

Playstation: Tenchu 1/2, Crash Bandicoot, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Medieval, Final Fantasy VII

PC - THIEF 1/2, Age of Empires 2, Command & Conquer, Starcraft, Battlefield 1942/2

Dreamcast - Shenmue, Sonic Adventure 1/2, Virtual On, Psychic Force: 2012, Worms: Armageddon, Jet Grind Radio, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs. Capcom, Aerowings, Ecco the Dolphin, Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain, Marvel vs. Capcom 2

N64 - Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pilotwings, Quest 64, Starfox 64, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Six, Wave Race 64, Mortal Kombat: Trilogy, Clayfighters 63 1/3

Playstation 2 - Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven, Timesplitters 2, Dynasty Warriors, Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Xbox - Shenmue II, Mechassault, THIEF: Deadly Shadows, Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Halo 1/2, Guilty Gear X # Reload, Splinter Cell 1/2/3, Destroy All Humans

I'm missing a looot...

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Another two came to mind:

Dreamcast - Skies of Arcadia. In a word, glorious.

Xbox - Shenmue II. I had the game on the Dreamcast as well but the Xbox version got more of my time. Plus it had the English dub, which was nice after having played the first game.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#31 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

Gameboy Color: My first gaming platform, and host to some of my favorite games, like Wario Land 3, Pokemon Gold/Silver/Yellow/Blue and Wario Land 2. Looking back, I actually didn't have many games for the GBC, and yet, it is engraved in my memory more than most other consoles.

PS: Getting a Playstation was my initiation into the gaming world. The Crash Bandicoot series, Spyro series, Monster Rancher 2, Star Ocean 2 and many other games kept me hooked for a long time, and made the Playstation my 3rd favorite console of all time.

N64: I got it soon after I got a PS, and boy, did it rock. Banjo Kazooie is still one of my favorite games ever, and I spent hours upon hours in Pokemon Stadium One and Two. Donkey Kong 64 was another game I played endlessly, but never managed to finish. N64 stands as one amazing console, probably in 5th place overall.

Gameboy Advance: Gameboy Color had me hooked, so getting a GBA was a no-brainer. Lo and behold, it was awesome. The sheer amount of quality and variety is staggering, and some of the best games of the SNES/NES era got ported to the GBA, which I am very thankful for. I travel a lot, so the GBA was a blessing.

Playstation 2: Undoubtedly my favorite console of all time. Amazing games were just natural for the PS2, and the hits just kept on coming. Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Persona 4 (recently, yes), Ratchet and Clank series, Jak and Daxter series, Final Fantasy XII and so many more games. Truly a legendary console, and one of the most revered too.

Gamecube: Surprisingly, this is my 2nd favorite console of all time. Sure, the number of games wasn't as explosive as on the PS2, but the Gamecube had some of the best games ever created. Point in fact, Metroid Prime, and that is just one masterpiece among many. Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 4 and 5, Zelda: Wind Waker, Sonic Adventure 2, Chibi-Robo, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Paper Mario: TTYD and more. A superb console in every way.

DS: My favorite handheld, and 4th favorite gaming platform, the DS is personally my favorite gaming platform of this generation as well, beating the PS3 and Wii without breaking a sweat. A HUGE amount of amazing, prolific and incredibly fun games abound on the DS. Kirby: Canvas Curse, Castlevania: DOS, POR and OOE, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Super Mario 64 DS, Henry Hatsworth, Professor Layton, Pheonix Wright series, Trauma Center 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros., Meteos, DQ 4 and 5, Chrono Trigger (remakes, yes, but awesome ones at that), Kirby: Squeak Squad and so, so, so many more. In the end, it might even take the first place.

PSP: Even though I have to admit that the PSP isn't nearly as good as the DS, it is still a solid handheld with an array of great games, like MGS: Portable, Castlevania DXC, Star Ocean 2 remake, FFVII: CC and a few others. Overall, it might get better with time, and I certainly hope so.

PS3: Having bought it at release, I have the lucky bonus of having backwards compatibility. The game selection was slim at first, but in 2008, and now in 2009, the PS3 has turned into a beast, possessing some of the most amazing exclusives to arrive in a long time, and having a terrific online service and shop as well. Highlights are MGS4 (one of the best games ever, IMO), Demon's Souls, , LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted 2 (game of the year for me), Batman: Arkham Asylum, Disgaea 3, Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and many more.

Wii: The Wii is an odd console. It is a bit like the GC, only having a handful of games, but most of them are not only great, they're amazing. Yet, it doesn't reach the greatness of the GC, and the rest of the games on the console are a bit underwhelming. Still, Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Zack and Wiki, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Paper Mario, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports and a few other games, along with the Virtual Console, make the Wii an amazing console. That, and the fact that in technology, the Wii is the only true next-gen console. I mean, motion control as the main mechanic? That is something no-one could ever imagine.

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DCUltrapro
Member since 2009 • 568 Posts

Hey guys, my gaming history would be as follows:

Spectrum/Commodore/Atari, Master System/Atari Lynx, Mega Drive/Game Gear, Mega CD/Atari Jaguar, Saturn/PS1, Dreamcast/PS2, Xbox/Gamecube, Xbox 360.

I'm probably one of the older gamers now a days, I'm 27, had a spectrum when I was about 8, got a Master System shortly after and had the misfortune of always being a generation behind, I got the MS, everyone was on MD, I got the MD and everyone was on Saturn, I got a Saturn and everyone went to PS1!! I finally got the Sega Dreamcast as my first ever ON RELEASE console and it became my all time fave console. I them became deeply resentful towards Sony after it died and again when the HD DVD format died lol, long story, one I won't rant on about now. I own 2 Sony consoles and don't consider myself to be a complete and utter Sony hater, guess I preferred the pure fun experience of the DC.

I own over 500 games over all the platforms I mention above and add to that my recent entry into the pc gaming world!

Pro

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Tomy Pac Man-I

PAC MAN-I

display

Coleco Alien Attack

alien attack

aadisplay

Tomy Baseball

baseball

Nintendo Entertainment System

nes

Various Tiger Handhelds including

simons quest

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

snes

gamegear

Nintendo 64

n64

Game Boy Pocket

gbp

Gameboy Color

gbc

Sony Playstation

sp

Sega Dreamcast

dc

Gamecube

gc

Xbox

xbox

Game Boy Advance SP

gba sp

Playstation 2

ps2

Virtual Boy

vb

Nintendo DS Lite

dslite

Xbox 360

PS3 Slim

ps3slim

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I started going to the video arcades in about 1982. Playing stuff like Defender, Battlezone, Zaxxon, Tron, Star Trek, etc. Mostly hung out with friends - awesome times! Got an NES eventually, mostly played Smash TV. Got an SNES, but I never played that much. I think the only game I had for it was Wing Commander, which I thought was pretty lame. Then I got a PS1, played a few games on that. Didn't touch it for quite a while, then I discovered video game sites on the internet, and picked up some of the more highly rated games. Absolutely loved Fear Effect 2 Retro Helix. Then I got a PS2 slim. Played quite a few games on that. My interest sort of waxed and waned. I might play every day for a month, then not touch the thing for 9 months. Recently got a PS3, and my interest in gaming is now at an all-time high. I play 2 - 3 hours most evenings. I like action/adventure games, but recently I've really gotten into racing games. My Logitech Driving Force wheel should be arriving in the UPS truck today! I still play my PS2 occasionally. Just so many great games for it, so cheap!

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DCUltrapro
Member since 2009 • 568 Posts

I started going to the video arcades in about 1982. Playing stuff like Defender, Battlezone, Zaxxon, Tron, Star Trek, etc. Mostly hung out with friends - awesome times! Got an NES eventually, mostly played Smash TV. Got an SNES, but I never played that much. I think the only game I had for it was Wing Commander, which I thought was pretty lame. Then I got a PS1, played a few games on that. Didn't touch it for quite a while, then I discovered video game sites on the internet, and picked up some of the more highly rated games. Absolutely loved Fear Effect 2 Retro Helix. Then I got a PS2 slim. Played quite a few games on that. My interest sort of waxed and waned. I might play every day for a month, then not touch the thing for 9 months. Recently got a PS3, and my interest in gaming is now at an all-time high. I play 2 - 3 hours most evenings. I like action/adventure games, but recently I've really gotten into racing games. My Logitech Driving Force wheel should be arriving in the UPS truck today! I still play my PS2 occasionally. Just so many great games for it, so cheap!

Jackc8

See I forgot to mention arcades etc. But honestly I never really got that heavily into them. When I was young Arcades weren't particularly abundant in the UK. There was maybe 1 good one per town at the most and even they weren't that great. I do vividly remember a side scrolling game in my local Chip shop that I used to play to death, it was awesome, somekind of 2d side scrolling fantasy shooter. No idea what it was called. That didn't really get me into them though. My spectrum did that and my dads commodore lol.

And to the other poster, that picture of the big yellow Pacman game is freakin AWESOME!! I had one of those!! MEMORIES lol

Pro

WitteKraai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WitteKraai
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts

Geez, I've had a lot of systems. I'll start at the beginning, I suppose.

Atari 2600: I loved Pacman (yeah it was a really bad incarnation of the game but I loved it anyway,) California Games, and Ghostbusters

PC: Yep, I've had PCs for a very long time, and I still can't get them to work. My favourite PC game to date remains Doom.

NES: My favourite game when I was young was Wizards and Warriors, hands down. I also really liked Micro Machines and SMB1 and 3. When I got older I discovered Lolo, Lifeforce, and FF1 and was lost for months.

Gameboy: With classic green on slightly lighter shade of green screen! Tetris was by far the best game ever released for the gameboy, though I did like Daedalien Opus as well.

Genesis: I played a lot of Sonic those days, because the other games I had were MK3 and an rts game called Tyrants, neither of which I liked a great deal.

PS1: I fell in love with gaming again with this system, discovered RPGs for really the first time and was a fresh-faced teenager. I had basically all of the games I wanted at one point due to working at a VG reselling place. It was the time of my life, really. The games I loved were FF7 and 9, 8 was a little hard for me to get into. Street Fighter Alpha 3, that 3d arena fighter square released, I forget it's name, Tomb Raider I (IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM,) Bust A Move 4, Discworld, and way more. PS1 forever.

GBA: There were a lot of good games for this but nothing I could really call my favourite. I played Metal Slug the most.

SNES: Yep, late on the bandwagon with this one, but Crono Trigger and Super Mario World were my favourite games.

PS2: Dragon Quest 8 and Dark Cloud 1 were my favourites on this platform, though there were lots I liked a lot as well. Dark Cloud 2 seemed like there was too much to do and that I'd never finish it, so I never did lol. I also didn't like the protagonist's gait. He looked like he had wooden legs or something.

Gamecube: Ikaruga again, also I was always current on Mario Party in those days. Skies of Arcadia was really neat as well.

Dreamcast: Again, late. Ikaruga and Sexy Parodius were my favourites.

That's it for the old gens, keep gaming!

WitteKraai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WitteKraai
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts

@Heirren

OMG, I totally forgot about my Tiger handhelds. I had Double Dragon, Simon's Quest, and Space Harrier.

masterfarticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 masterfarticus
Member since 2008 • 366 Posts

First game ever played: Putt Putt Joins the Parade- PC

First game I owned: Spyro the Dragon! - PSX

Game that left the biggest impact upon me: Final Fantasy X - PS2

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Early/mid 90's-

Mega Drive- best games were Sonic 1/2/3/Knuckles and Streets of Rage 1 & 2, I spent countless hours on those. I also remember Dynamite Headdy and Mega Turrican. It was my brother's console but he gave it to me after a few years.

Game Boy- The first game I had for it was Super Mario Land. Than onto the sequel then Super Wario Land, etc. The three Donkey Kong games as well, aside from those I didn't have many games for it. Favourite was Super Mario Land 2, I played that over and over again.

1998-

I ditched Nintendo or Sega and went to Sony instead with the PSone. Best games- Crash 1-3, Syphon Filter 1-3, MGS, FF7, Resident Evil, Oddworld, Wipeout, Dino Crisis 2, GTA, Medievil, Rollcage, Spyro, Tekken, Tomb Raider, etc.

Early 2000's-

I briefly owned a Dreamcast which had a lot of good games in its short life- Sonic Adventure 1/2, Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage, Ready 2 Rumble, Crazy Taxi 1/2, DOA 2, House of the Dead 2, Power Stone 1/2, RE: Code Veronica, etc.

Game Boy Advance: Had the usual Mario, Wario, Sonic stuff but introduced one of my favourite series of all time- Advance Wars.

PlayStation 2- Best games...where do I start? We all know what the PS2 had- GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas, MGS2/3, God of War 1/2, Black, Resi 4, Freedom Fighters, Dragon Quest 8, Beyond Good and Evil, Devil May Cry, FF X, Hitman, Max Payne, Psi-Ops, ICO, Shadow of the Collosus, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken Tag/4/5, Tenchu 3, Timeplsitters 1-3, Splinter Cell, Viewtiful Joe, etc, etc.

Xbox- I never owned one myself but got to play it plenty of times. Halo: Combat Evolved still holds up well today and deserves all the praise it got. KOTOR is still one of my favourite RPG's. The sequels to both of these were disappointing, though worthy additions to it's library. Ninja Gaiden: Black, Far Cry, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and others were great too.

2005-

DS- I bought this solely for Advance Wars DS. Super Mario 64, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania, GTA: Chinatown Wars were all nice additions. I don't use the DS much anymore but the 1000+ hours I've spent on Advance Wars DS and Days of Ruin make it worth the purchase.

2007-

Xbox 360- I had to get the 360 to see how the Halo story would end and it's the console that got me into online gaming. Standout games- Halo 3/Wars/ODST, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Gears of War 1/2, Crackdown, Oblivion. Thanks to the Marketplace I got to replay Sonic and Streets of Rage after all those years.

PlayStation 3- Essential after owning the PS1/2. Similar to the 360 in many ways but really pulls ahead in the 1st party exclusives department. Best games- Uncharted 1/2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet & Clank: TOD/ACIT, Warhawk, Tekken 6, Demons Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Infamous, Killzone 2, Heavenly Sword and a lot of good stuff in the store.

2008-

PSP- An underrated gaming machine, the best being God of War: Chains of Olympus, Syphon Filter, Resistance: Retribution, Castlevania, Killzone: Liberation, etc. Downloadable games/movies and PS3 connectivity is neat too.

maxpayne2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 maxpayne2424
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts

I remember getting pro skater 2 on the ps1 when i was about 11/12. The first and last game i ever played from morning to night in one go. It was just amazing in every sense.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

NES - Got it and played so much Duck Hunt. =-)

Super Nes - Wanted one. Loved the NES.

Sega Genesis - Got it for free and really got into Sonic and Power Rangers.

Gameboy - Pokemon Red was so awesome. (still have that gameboy =-)

N64 - All of my friends got one and we played all the time. Goldeneye/DK 64 WOO.

PS1 - All of those fun games I played at one of my friends house. Was awesome.

Gamecube - Super Smash bros, Star Fox, and Zelda made me want this so badly.

PS2 - Resident Evil Outbreak wasn't going to work on PS1. =-)

Starguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Starguy24
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts

I started out around 13 years ago, that's whenI got my first ever console, the N64. Loved it, so many memories playing Shadows of the Empire and Glover as well as other great titles.

Then, in late 2002, came the Gamecube. I remember playing NBA 2k2 for hours and occasionally renting Super Mario Sunshine. Excellent system, very reliable. True, as with all of the other consoles I never bought every game that came out but still most of my best moments occured while playing the GC.

Gameboy Advance/SP came next. Come to think of it, I never spent too much time with this. There are a couple of Yu-Gi-Oh games I played the heck out of though. A few years later the GBA SP seemed cool so by nature I checked it out. Seems almost impossible to play the orginal one now...the screen is so poorly lit especially compared to the SP!

The DS. When Starfox Command came out this particular handheld was a must have. A lot of gameplay hours spent on this one, and dozens of games played on it. Seriously, I must have close to thirty (a lot for me).

The Wii....a few bad memories with this thing which I'd rather not talk about, but I can't deny how cool this was when I bought it a couple years back. Took some getting used to, but meh.

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

oh what a long strange trip it's been...

started out with an old PC that my grandfather bought at a garage sale with a stack of games. I remember playing Jumpman (and when no one was looking, Leisure Suit Larry.... pixeled boobs!) King's Quest games were great, too. So many ways to die!

my dad then picked up an old Intellivision System with a bunch of games. Frog Bog was a classic, and there was a dungeon crawler that took me ages to beat (every weapon you picked up you could throw only once. Who throws a sword?)

I got an NES in 1989 after much pleading. Mario 3 was played A LOT, and I also discovered games like Dragon Warrior 1-4.

The SNES didn't come out long after that, and I got one the first Christmas they hit shelves. I remember being surprised because I had just gotten the NES less than 2 years older. So many great games, and a TV in my room = some of the best gaming of my life. I played FF2 all the time, and LoZ: A Link to the Past is still one of my favourite games of all time.

I got a PS1 in 1997, with FF7. That games was all I did other than school for the first month I had it. So many great titles, including the first Gran Turismo.

PS2 was the first one I bought with my own money, in 2002, I think. Too many to really narrow it down... but it filled a lot of time. The DVD player was nice, too.

The Wii was the first of the current generation. I got that in it's second year on the market. I like Lost Winds a lot. Mario Kart, Loz:TP, and New Suoer Mario Bros, Wii aree the top 3, easily (sorry, third parties)

And just this summer I got a PS3. Fallout 3 is the best game I have played in a long time. I haven't obsessed over a game to this extent since FF7. Can't wait for the new one to come out. I like Dragon Age, and can't wait for both the new Gran Turismo and the new FF to come out next.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#44 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts
The Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 would have been the first two consoles that I started gaming on. Honestly, I can't remember which one was first and which one was second. I was pretty young at the time though, so I really can't remember any of the games that I played on these. Mostly score based games I'm sure. The NES would have been the third console played, but I actually remember some of the gaming I did on this one. I was mainly into the Super Mario Brothers and Mega Man games, but I seemed to also have a thing for really hard games. Battletoads, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman; I played them all so much, and never managed to complete any of them. =( The Gameboy was the first and only handheld I owned. Got this one for Christmas and despite me not having very many games, it was used quite frequently. Mainly played the Super Mario Land games, but the Gameboy introduced me to the Zelda and Metroid series. The SNES was the fifth console of choice. Looking back, this was the only console where I finished every game that I started. This was also the console that really got me into role playing games. Mainly thanks to the Breath of Fire series, the Final Fantasy series, Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. Also continued playing the Super Mario, Zelda and Metroid games that were released. The Playstation was the fifth console. Continued to play mostly role playing games on this one; which was the main reason why I went with this console instead of the Nintendo 64. Obviously continued with the Final Fantasy series and tried new role playing games, such as Vagrant Story and Valkyrie Profile. The Playstation 2 was the sixth console. Started playing less role playing games and started getting into adventure games such as the Ratchet & Clank series, Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil. Of course, I still continued with the Final Fantasy series. Currently playing on my custom built PC, the Wii and the Playstation 3. Still not finished with these consoles, but going good so far.
jedihalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 jedihalo
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts

Commodore Amiga 500

NES

Gameboy

Sega Mega Drive

Sega Saturn

Nintendo 64

PC

Playstation 2

DS Lite

Nintendo Wii

Difficult to name just one favourite game but I always love going back to play The Secret of Monkey Island, as well as Street Fighter Alpha on the Saturn.

Check out my blog on Retro Gaming!

http://realityglitch.wordpress.com/

;)

carthanne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 carthanne
Member since 2009 • 101 Posts

hm...

PS1- era I remember the least of this era but I have good memories of Rayman and Ridge Rally

Xbox- All star wars games available for system which I did and still play often. Heaviest gaming era.

Gba- the start of my castlevania and metroid obsession also played minnish cap and other less noteworthy games

nds- current era can`t afford dsi upgrade or a console but i do have some good games like Puzzle quest and animal crossing-wild world.

damaccj5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 damaccj5
Member since 2004 • 1869 Posts
i remember that Christmas i got PlayStation one back in 1999, i was 9 . it was morning and i opened it, put in DEMO DISC 8 (memories) and tried all the demos, mgs 1 was one of the demos and the music for the demo disc owned. then i popped in crash 2, amazing game. wish i could revisit that time.
neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

I remember getting pro skater 2 on the ps1 when i was about 11/12. The first and last game i ever played from morning to night in one go. It was just amazing in every sense.

maxpayne2424

:D

Avatar image for StAzKrnchyNMilk
StAzKrnchyNMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 StAzKrnchyNMilk
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts

Top 4 games of all time in no order: Secret of Mana, Super Mario Bros 3, Bioshock, Comix Zone

My gaming history started at I believe six or seven (1990ish). I got a hand me down NES system from some relatives along with a box of like ten games (simons quest, bugs bunny, Milon's Secret Castle *shivers*, Blades of Steel, and a couple others i cant really remember. I played the hell out of the NES mario games, castlevanias, ninja gaidens, and all the other classics along with some not so hot titles. Then i moved on to sega and loved it so much at the time I couldnt care less about the SNES. The Games i remember fondest from that period were Earthworm Jim, Comix Zone, Streets of Rage 2, and NBA Jam. Me and my best friend would sit for HOURS playing and replaying the streets of rage games. The next system i got was a Game gear and what else streets of rage 2 (hehe). Also played the starwars games, and Taz Escapes from mars. Then after all that I finally got a Super nintendo. I think i was at around 13 or 14 at that point. I ate up all the fighting, racing, and platforming games. the only thing i didn't really play were RPG's, i actually remember sitting in a video world one day trying out a used copy of Chrono Trigger that i could have bought for like ten bucks all the frills included, but my hyperactive mind wouldn't latch on to the fact that i wasnt jumping and/or blowing something up. I never owned a Saturn or Dreamcast during their original run, but i can remember drooling over them when reading gaming mags. I did get an N64 and lost at least one summer and half a school year in playing Goldeneye religously. I loved the system and almost every game that I played, but can only really remember that game and Quest 64 in any real detail. While i had the N64 i got more into PC gaming with playing games like Tribes, Heavy Gear, Mechwarrior. and honestly stayed pretty hardcore into the PC for a good long while (until recently in fact with the current generation despite owning other systems). I also got a "found Gameboy" which was litterally picked up on the side of the road by my grandpa one day. It miraculously still worked and had a copy of Pokemon Red in it (which again has spawned a still running obsession). During the same time I played, but didn't own a PSone (my mother worked at the aforementioned Video World, and i would snag the console whenever they came in. I think by this time i had actually sold off my older consoles to support my current gaming habbits (i still cry sometimes over all the money i have had to sink into rebuilding my collection). Well again about mid run i got a PSone (the boxy model not the little thing) and my love for RPG's was born. Not through Final Fantasy VII, honestly i still havent played the game, but through games like Parasite Eve, Legend of Dragoon, and Breath of Fire 3 and 4. I moved on to the PS2 from there, again overloading on RPG's with the occasionaly platformer thrown in. then the Xbox came along and in came various FPS titles, mostly centering around weekends lost to LAN matches of Halo. and that pretty much brings me up to the current gen. I don't have, nor particularly desire a PS3, but love my 360 and yes even the Wii. I have begun in the last three years to rebuild my retro library through yardsales/flea-markets and its coming along quite nicely.

Wow... that ran on way longer than i thought it would, but there it is. I wrote more about the older consoles because honestly those have always, and will always mean more to me than the later ones. those old warhorses are the ones i grew up with, and through some kind of strange metaphysical way i have always felt as if they were growing up with me as well. Even now picking up that rectangle controller and only having to worry about A and B buttons gives me a warm feeling i can only equate to running into a dear childhood friend.