deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I don't know about you guys but I use to love MP gaming back in the day I have so many great memories playing with people and even being in a clan for years. But in the mid 2010's MP gaming for me fell apart the games became less fun and more shallow and interest just started fading away. It just was never the same and now in current day MP gaming is just filled with shitty lootboxes and microtransactions along with the insane political nature we live in It sucks.

I feel MP gaming lost what made it special in the late 90's up to the early 2010's publishers got greedy the games itself weren't as fun and people have become more toxic then ever. Multiplayer for me feels like what happen to the rise of social media the bigger it grew the worst it has became it felt organic at first but then turned into a shallow experience with greedy companies behind it.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I love couch co-op and always will. There's nothing quite like playing multiplayer physically with others in a room on the same TV with a few controllers. It's simple and fun. Everyone is pretty much exactly reacting to something at the same time, which makes it even more enjoyable. Maybe I'm just an old soul though.

The Overcooked games in recent years has been the perfect example of classic couch co-op in my opinion.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

You may want to gather some friends and give it a try instead of assuming the worst.

Personally play a lot of multiplayer that doesn't rely on lootboxes and microtransactions so find myself enjoying multiplayer a whole lot.

As for the 'toxic' statement, most games allow private lobbies and passwords in case the community is difficult to deal with. Even if one is struggling to find friends with similar interest in games, forums and channels exist with open-minded players that have a less aggressive reputation. Though I recommend friends you'd want to play and chat with regardless, and use the prior as a last resort.

A lot of people who argue against multiplayer in gaming- are either isolated/ cynical people who rarely get along with others anyway, or have forgotten what makes multiplayer a different kind of sensation over the single-player counter part. Make no mistake, what you deem fun in decades past, still holds true today.

And for the record have nothing against single-player. I like both, but the line of logic presented against multiplayer has a lot to be desired.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@speeny said:

I love couch co-op and always will. There's nothing quite like playing multiplayer physically with others in a room on the same TV with a few controllers. It's simple and fun. Everyone is pretty much exactly reacting to something at the same time, which makes it even more enjoyable. Maybe I'm just an old soul though.

The Overcooked games in recent years has been the perfect example of classic couch co-op in my opinion.

Couch co-op sounds nice if you have the right people around you I have no one but I'm ok with that I just miss playing online with my old clan and playing a old Battlefield game not a fan of the new ones.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Won't speak for others, but after I got a good job and could actually afford video games, I sort of left multiplayer gaming. I will dabble from time to time, but back in the day I played Counter-strike for years, Diablo 2 for years, and so on.

Now I can afford to buy one or two games each month, and frankly I want to play singleplayer games for the most part.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts
@warmblur said:
@speeny said:

Couch co-op sounds nice if you have the right people around you I have no one but I'm ok with that I just miss playing online with my old clan and playing a old Battlefield game not a fan of the new ones.

The games have certainly changed. For me, the change into progression and unlocks ruined multiplayer gaming for me. I enjoy the recent COD Warzone for a few months but after a while I sort of realized I wasn't playing for skill or for competition, I was playing for new weapons and unlocks.

Back in the day, it was more about skill. You don't get that kind of competition unless you're doing ranked-type of gaming these days.

I also miss server browsers/lists. I always liked being able to go to familiar servers and see the same players, or go to "24/7 Dust" servers for CS, and so on. Now it is all matchmaking and random, which is good for a few reasons but I don't like it as a whole.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

war zone or black ops 4... yeah no.

already mention stuff.

also one thing i miss is the game not being so buggy or cheats filled servers.

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

I was only into MP games before, now I just lack patience and I'm gonna be honest skill.
Not to mention I'm not as competitive as I was before and community in those kind of games are... really really competitive.

So I stopped and play single player games and occasional co-op.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@mrbojangles25 said:
@warmblur said:
@speeny said:

The games have certainly changed. For me, the change into progression and unlocks ruined multiplayer gaming for me. I enjoy the recent COD Warzone for a few months but after a while I sort of realized I wasn't playing for skill or for competition, I was playing for new weapons and unlocks.

Back in the day, it was more about skill. You don't get that kind of competition unless you're doing ranked-type of gaming these days.

I also miss server browsers/lists. I always liked being able to go to familiar servers and see the same players, or go to "24/7 Dust" servers for CS, and so on. Now it is all matchmaking and random, which is good for a few reasons but I don't like it as a whole.

Me too man I hate matchmaking I prefer server list over it anyday. I miss the 00's and gamespy days before MP publishers tried to squeeze every cent out of you. I also miss the custom maps and mods people made it's sad that we don't get that with most modern MP games I remember when games like Battlefield 2, MOHAA, and F.E.A.R. combat had so many cool mods and custom maps that's what I miss. It's just not the same anymore MP gaming became to big and greedy publishers took advantage of that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

MP gaming for me personally was only good back on Xbox 360/PS3 era and most developers were flashing out new ideas how to make MP fun and engaging, that is until Xbox One/PS4 era begin, MP became less fun and not to mention online fees price increase making me careless about MP gaming and while on PC, it's still no fun to play MP when people complain about cheaters online, so I stop caring about MP and I rather play single player games thus my love for open-world games begin.

@mrbojangles25 said:

Won't speak for others, but after I got a good job and could actually afford video games, I sort of left multiplayer gaming. I will dabble from time to time, but back in the day I played Counter-strike for years, Diablo 2 for years, and so on.

Now I can afford to buy one or two games each month, and frankly I want to play singleplayer games for the most part.

Pretty much how I feel as well. Now that I have a fulltime career and a family of 2 daughters & a lovely wife, my time with MP is pretty much over and while I game only on PC for the most parts, online cheaters is a big issue for many people and game developers don't want nothing to do with cross-play making MP less fun. My last major online MP gaming was Overwatch and I left the community when Blizzard went stupid.

Just playing SP games, I can finish them on my own time/pace and no pressure. Another reason why I'm super hype for Cyberpunk 2077 since it's SP game experience.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

While I necessarily don’t care for loot boxes and micro transactions, it depends on how they’re implemented, I very much love multiplayer gaming these days myself. I put in well over 1,000 hours into Monster Hunter World: Iceborne with over 95% played with others online. Also put in a ton of time into Gears 5 and still go back to it now and then. Also thoroughly enjoy the Call of Duty and Halo games online. A big draw for me is constantly unlocking stuff, getting new weapons and stuff, etc.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I usually don’t even bother trying a game if I know it includes micro transactions as an option. I just lose respect for developers with that, and usually it is just a pay to win kind of game. I hope they learn to steer away from that but I’m sure they won’t as they do make profits off a lot of sheep from them.

fasaw22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fasaw22
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

I do not think I've ever used soap on my face, that's what face wash is for. Soap can dry out your skin, which might sound suitable when you have oily skin, but your body reacts to dry skin by means of generating even extra oil http://bestwasheranddryer2021.com/ .

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

90% of my game time is spent in multiplayer. I always play with the same 6 people and always in a party. I play too much single player and almost always nod off in my chair or have to make some coffee. I think just having a good small group to run with makes all the difference.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

MP is still great with friends and private servers.

MP shooters like COD are some of the most boring shit on the planet to me. I used to like playing them back in the BF1942 days, but as I've grown I've become less and less interested in them.

The following are games I absolutely love playing with friends. I have private servers set up for our discord.

• Factorio - Wonderful game alone or with friends
  • 7 Days To Die - A bit janky, but it's still really fun
  • Valheim - Just came out and we are having a blast with it.
  • Terraria
  • Minecraft

I'm looking forward to the Satisfactory headless server so we can get more than 4 people in on it.

Know what all these games have in common? They are all about building and shooting the shit with friends.

Dark Souls (and the like) is the only game I can think of where I engage with random people for MP. I know what you mean tho - and I would just say you're playing the wrong MP games if you feel that way. Even if you don't have IRL friends who want to play games, a discord community with private servers and respectful people with decent quality mics can go a long way. Most of the people I play with now I have never met in person, but we also play D&D with webcams so it kinda feels like we're real friends.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

I never enjoyed multiplayer. I only ever played Quake 2 and Ultimate Doom online. My friends tried to get me into overwatch, but I really hated everything about it.