New rule, Children should not play games online.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JmanRBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 JmanRBS
Member since 2006 • 394 Posts

Is there anybody out there that has quit online gaming because of the whining and immaturity of the kids out there? To me it gets really annoying see two kids bicker at one another and tell sex jokes over..and over..and over again. Not to mention the constant screaming and saying words like "pwnt" all of the time. I just prefer to play games single player mostly or with a friend that I've known for a while. Maybe im getting too old for games online these days, I actually have more fun playing single player. What about anyone else out there, do you still play games online?

EvilSteveo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EvilSteveo
Member since 2008 • 1995 Posts

They is a mute Function. But i agree sometimes its more fun to play single player and it does get annoying when there are kids bad mouthing and acting like jerks. Maybe am too old for my time am only 16.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

Is there anybody out there that has quit online gaming because of the whining and immaturity of the kids out there? To me it gets really annoying see two kids bicker at one another and tell sex jokes over..and over..and over again. Not to mention the constant screaming and saying words like "pwnt" all of the time. I just prefer to play games single player mostly or with a friend that I've known for a while. Maybe im getting too old for games online these days, I actually have more fun playing single player. What about anyone else out there, do you still play games online?

JmanRBS

I do, and I'm 13, and I don't spam the mic or do any of those things, and I know a lot of kids that don't.

Damn, stereotyping, it fails.

"Hey, I know this guy that's in a rock band, he sucks, therefore, logically, ALL PEOPLE IN BANDS COMPLETELY SUCK, Am I RIGHT? IT'S ONLY LOGICAL"

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

If you're on pc you need to find a server or clan with a good community and stick with it

k0ff3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 k0ff3r
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
You should hear "Why 11 year olds shouldnt raid" on Youtube.
Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 ConkerAndBerri2
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

yup, i completely agree with you, who else just wants to strangle the pre-pubescent little ba*****s on xbox live, really i blame the irresponsible parents for this crap, they let them get M-rated games, i wonder if they could come up with a filter that keeps kids from seeing the true game, like when someone gets shot in the head in say CODWAW instead of blood spraying everywhere, a rainbow comes out. Something like that would just be so awesome, sure im about a year away to being able to BUY M rated games, but i just consider them a fun time killer, i dont take those games to heart like the little 11 year olds talking smack on xbox live. But with your question yeah i still play online i just mute the annoying ones, simple as that.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 knight0151

JmanRBS

Oh and...mute?

Inquisitor326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Inquisitor326
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts
[QUOTE="knight0151"]

[QUOTE="JmanRBS"]

I do, and I'm 13, and I don't spam the mic or do any of those things, and I know a lot of kids that don't.

"Hey, I know this guy that's in a rock band, he sucks, therefore, logically, ALL PEOPLE IN BANDS COMPLETELY SUCK, Am I RIGHT? IT'S ONLY LOGICAL"

This, I'm 13 and I know a lot of other people around my age that aren't morons too. Problem is, almost anytime I try to open my mouth to say something I get cussed out but a bunch of people. So, that basically means I only stick with parties of friends. Yay for sterotyping.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44184 Posts

Actually I find it's the older people who are usually worse. Regardless though I play quite a lot online and I'll never let others influence my time online. If you act like a jerk then I send bad feedback based on what you do so I can avoid playing with you in the future and if you violate the code of conduct then I file a complaint about it.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 knight0151

[QUOTE="knight0151"]

[QUOTE="JmanRBS"]

Inquisitor326

This, I'm 13 and I know a lot of other people around my age that aren't morons too. Problem is, almost anytime I try to open my mouth to say something I get cussed out but a bunch of people. So, that basically means I only stick with parties of friends. Yay for sterotyping.

Wow, the people I play with on Counter strike source are pretty nice to me. They actually talk and have conversations with me to. I've gotten into clans too, and they knew I was 13.

How deep is your voice though? If your voice is squeaky, then, yeah, people will cuss at you. I'm lucky to have a deeper voice, this one guy even mistaked me for a 15 year old before.

"HEY GUYS, I FOUND THIS ONE SONG, UM, IT SUCKS, SO THEREFORE, ALL SONGS MUST SUCK"

Stereotyping, for the lose. Oh, and, I don't know about you guys, but I actually see more young kids use proper grammar and spelling on some online games than older people. Some adults chat on the mic, den thay spel liek diz, while the kids can actually differentiate between your and you're, while the adults are spamming text with , what teh **** man **** u why did you kill me from behing you noob

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 knight0151

Actually I find it's the older people who are usually worse. Regardless though I play quite a lot online and I'll never let others influence my time online. If you act like a jerk then I send bad feedback based on what you do so I can avoid playing with you in the future and if you violate the code of conduct then I file a complaint about it.

Archangel3371

The older guys are more racist on Cs:s

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

I played Socom the most online and I found it was mostly adults acting like asshats. We had two13 year oldsin our clan and they were pretty cool.

staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

That's why I refuse to play online with my mic plugged in. I don't want to listen to that stuff when I play online.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

You know, I tend to find the people complaining about the kids to be far more obnoxious. It gets to the point where any kid starts talking and almost instantly you get some older, more "mature" players cussing him out.

Please, you are all annoying and obnoxious. Don't try to put the blame onto one group.

JayProBii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JayProBii
Member since 2009 • 1074 Posts

Sure it gets annoying, but what can you do =\

ReubenFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ReubenFTW
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

knight0151

Fair play to you and your friends, but you've got to agree that a lot of the trash talkers who are kids and the volume and quantity of the cobblers they shout makes it seem like ever kid in history yaking forth

solidsnake2050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 solidsnake2050
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts
I'm gonna have to disagree with the OP. I know where you're coming from, but that is not the best way to do it, as there are many adults with the maturity level of a 12 year old who just grew tall enough to see what they sell behind the counter at 7-eleven. Quite frankly, the only way to help stop immaturity in online gaming is stricter rules and even stricter punishments. Or may be companies just need to better enforce the rules already in place.
knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 knight0151

[QUOTE="knight0151"]

ReubenFTW

Fair play to you and your friends, but you've got to agree that a lot of the trash talkers who are kids and the volume and quantity of the cobblers they shout makes it seem like ever kid in history yaking forth

Anda you've got to admit, there are plenty of douche bag adults out there that just scream the n word over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, and just insults the guys who beat/kill them

Don't believe me? Come over to my house bro, I'll take you to some counter strike source servers.

I've actually come to a conclusion.

It doesn't matter what your age is, it depends on your mind, and maturity. 5 Year olds, 12 year olds, 14 year olds, 16 year olds, 65 year olds, 25 year olds, it doesn't matter. It depends on you. Age doens't really matter, so, yeah, get to know the person before you label anyone that's under 12 that's immature.

And people that cry over kids playing games, cannot find the mute button :P

/thread

Pythos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pythos77
Member since 2005 • 889 Posts

There should be more filters in the games lobby so that you could choose to play with people of a certain age group i you wished. Also they could make online profiles which include information about age. So that a 12 year old could play with kids in the 10 -14 group for example

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Yea, i think its a stupid sterotyping that they make there. Just when a guy start cussing people think he is a young kid, but he can be an adult...

And there are a lot of adults with not so deep voices....

tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
I don't agree. Some teenagers are mature, while others never mature. Both, adults and teenagers act like jackasses online since it is "anonymous."
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

The funny thing is age doesn't really matter. There are tons of annoying people that are not children.

RJ120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RJ120

It really gets on my nerves also... The fact that young immature kids are playing violent video games and just cussing away trying to be cool... It does get extremely annoying!

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

No. Just idiots of all ages.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Agreed. A gaming network should be separated into two sub networks. One should be dedicated to adults (18+? 21+?) and one should be for children. I'd be perfectly OK with never hearing those obnoxious, high-pitched voices on XBL ever again.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I have a poster on my wall of the man who invented the 'mute' function. I love playing online and I hate children. Ok, children who yell, swear, blow in the microphone and are an annoyance.
Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

I'm 15 and I'm pretty sure I've never cussed people out for anything online (but I'd like to be corrected by somebody if I ever do). I agree with the kids on here that there are plenty of immature adults. Although, truth is, most of the high-pitched voices yelling, "RAPE!!!!" while I'm playing Socom are those I'd estimate to be about 12.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 knight0151

There should be more filters in the games lobby so that you could choose to play with people of a certain age group i you wished. Also they could make online profiles which include information about age. So that a 12 year old could play with kids in the 10 -14 group for example

Pythos77

They try and do that, but it's flawed. Most kids enter a birth date that shows them as 25...or something like that.

agturboninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#30 agturboninja
Member since 2006 • 670 Posts

let them play, but they cannot speak

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

agturboninja
See..this is what I don't agree with. The way you conduct yourself in a socialized environment (even a virtual one) really defines the extent of your respect. Not age.
knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 knight0151

agturboninja

Yeah, you're really intelligent.

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 Iceman8012
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts
Funny thing is that most of those children seem to be around 18-25 years old. I seem to run into more immature adults than immature kids
Naikori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Naikori
Member since 2008 • 565 Posts

I think Children should play online, but I don't think they should use a mic. A Kid with a Mic = AMan with a Gun

explosivecorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 explosivecorn
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
yyyyeeeessss dude i was playing gta 4 online and a kid that sounded 7 years old, swear to god, cussed me out because i killed him once. whats a 7 yr old doing on gta anyway i mean really? and one time i was on COD WAW and was waiting for the game to start and some idiot was literally screaming into his mic about winning the last game. i asked him to stop and he said he would hunt me down and kill me. i dont get it why are there such loud and annoying SOBs online?
-SPECTER-MIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 -SPECTER-MIKE
Member since 2008 • 576 Posts

The reason why we notice them is because they sound different, they notice us because we sound different.

To each age group the other seems annoying.

Justmyview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Justmyview
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
I agree I prefer to play games with friends I know or single player
mojorazerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mojorazerz

Pythos77
yea thats a good idea