New Hitman not canceled after all?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Seems like it will be coming to next gen and pc. Let's hope so

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/next-gen-hitman-project-reportedly-cancelled

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I would actually prefer if it were delayed, if not cancelled: I don't want this franchise to burn out its potential by attempting to become the next Assassin's Creed. One Hitman every two years is too much.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

@Black_Knight_00 said:

I would actually prefer if it were delayed, if not cancelled: I don't want this franchise to burn out its potential by attempting to become the next Assassin's Creed. One Hitman every two years is too much.

They still use their time to develop it, they did use a lot of years to build the game from the ground up

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

Absolution was fun, but still pretty bad compared to the others

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Seems like it will be coming to next gen and pc. Let's hope so

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/next-gen-hitman-project-reportedly-cancelled

¨Good news but not surprising , IO interactive is pretty small danish studio so if they wouldnt work on another Hitman they would be making another Kane&Lynch but after the last game which sold terrible, i dont think they could get anyone to post cash in that and a new ip is out of the question.

So if Hitman was done it would also mean closing that studio and that didn´t happen.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jacanuk

@bob_toeback said:

Hmm, i don't agree

Absolution was pretty good and was more focused then the previous ones. The script was just not very good and could have done with a rewrite or two.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride

@bob_toeback said:

I thought the game was awesome, it had minor faults. It was still awesome

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's an alright game. My main guffs was:

-The levels were hardly ever open ended. Normally quite stream-lined. All the really "open" levels were the same (A LARGE crowded area, blah blah).

-Being MORE suspicious when wearing a disguise. While it's a premise that makes sense in reality, it didn't come off well for a gameplay mechanic. Maybe there is a way they could tweak this... not sure how. I just don't like the idea that I can disguise as someone, and people will try to kill me more than if I'm just some fucking bald man in a suit.

-Load-outs were missing. Part of the fun in the other games was upgrading weapons, picking which ones to use, etc... I would like to see this return

-Bad animations. I guess I mainly mean, not enough animations. Hitting someone with a hammer always felt the same, never smashed their skull in. Maybe it was always like that (Though stealth kills with hammers was fun in blood money) But still, something I'd like to see added at the very least. I did enjoy the hand-to hand combat in Absolution, if I'm not mistaken. I'd return the "Push" feature from Blood Money

-his barcode is covered up for most the game! COME ON!

-Being story-driven. It's not so much the story or whatever.... I didn't mind it. However I did sorely miss.. actually being a hitman. getting an assignment, going in and doing it however possible...

I dunno, maybe if I went back to Blood Money I would see it differently, but I do think I'd change a few of the things I've mentioned.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@bob_toeback said:

-The levels were hardly ever open ended. Normally quite stream-lined. All the really "open" levels were the same (A LARGE crowded area, blah blah).

-Being MORE suspicious when wearing a disguise. While it's a premise that makes sense in reality, it didn't come off well for a gameplay mechanic. Maybe there is a way they could tweak this... not sure how. I just don't like the idea that I can disguise as someone, and people will try to kill me more than if I'm just some fucking bald man in a suit.

-Load-outs were missing. Part of the fun in the other games was upgrading weapons, picking which ones to use, etc... I would like to see this return

-Bad animations. I guess I mainly mean, not enough animations. Hitting someone with a hammer always felt the same, never smashed their skull in. Maybe it was always like that (Though stealth kills with hammers was fun in blood money) But still, something I'd like to see added at the very least. I did enjoy the hand-to hand combat in Absolution, if I'm not mistaken. I'd return the "Push" feature from Blood Money

-Being story-driven. It's not so much the story or whatever.... I didn't mind it. However I did sorely miss.. actually being a hitman. getting an assignment, going in and doing it however possible...

I dunno, maybe if I went back to Blood Money I would see it differently, but I do think I'd change a few of the things I've mentioned.

I get your points and some i can kinda agree with.

- Ya, the levels was never really that open, but Hitman has always been A to B, you arrive at A go to B and back to A or another exit. So they clearly didn´t want to change to much from previous games. only problem i had with that was the size and how small they were.

- I actually thought it was pretty good , i like the fact that you couldn´t just take on a disguise and do what ever you want and if you had a "outsider" uniform on you could only go to places that uniform would normally go to.

- Hmm, load-outs well now it wasn´t really a normal hitman game and Hitman did go rogue and had to sell his gear.

- Its a game not reality so this one i 100% disagree with, and the "gore" in kills havent changed from blood money also you have to remember that the more gore they add the higher age rating comes on.

- Hmm yes , did you miss the part where he went off the grid and that kinda was a easy tell, so for once i am glad they decided to do something about it.

- This area is one i couldn´t get into, i really love that they made it story driven and the story´s core was decent enough for a game, but the execution was not good and some plots didn´t make sense, but ya it wasn´t a game for those who just like to play a hitman and do contracts.

But in the end it was a decent Hitman and its one i could see installing again which doesnt happen often.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@bob_toeback said:

The only issue i had is that guards would recoginize me way too fast