NES and SNES Console Clone opinions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bleedingsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bleedingsouls
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

So here's the deal. I had a NES when I was younger like 5-10 years old sold it for $20 in a garage sale with my games and everything.

I was recently looking up the cost of the orignal consoles and came across these clones. The ones I'm looking at are the FC Duo and the Retro Duo. What I'm looking at playing is the Zelda and Mario games. It seems that because it's newer the Retro Duo is the better choice for this (Youtube) but I want to know if anyone here has any experince with these? Or should I just try my luck with the Originals?

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

So here's the deal. I had a NES when I was younger like 5-10 years old sold it for $20 in a garage sale with my games and everything.

I was recently looking up the cost of the orignal consoles and came across these clones. The ones I'm looking at are the FC Duo and the Retro Duo. What I'm looking at playing is the Zelda and Mario games. It seems that because it's newer the Retro Duo is the better choice for this (Youtube) but I want to know if anyone here has any experince with these? Or should I just try my luck with the Originals?

bleedingsouls

It's basically you get what you pay for with those things. The cheaper ones work like crap and screw up sound and colors and such, and the more expensive ones are usually more reliable and play the games truer to their original play on the actual NES.

Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

I bought one the FC Twin great system cost me 60 bucks but if you really like the games its worth it! I personally would rather have PSone classics or new DS stuff but if you want one get one they work pretty good

Avatar image for CaptianPeachfuz
CaptianPeachfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 CaptianPeachfuz
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts

Nothing is better than the original. With clones like, FC, Twin, there is a 90% probability that the cartriges may work. As for a Super Nintendo or a Nintendo Entertainment System that is properly maintained, it will work 100% at the time. Besides, nothing is better than playing with the original. If I'm going to play a NES or SNES game, I'd rather play it on a NES or SNES :)!

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

the one they sell at thinkgeek.com is extremely reliable my neighbor highly reccomends it.

the only reason i dont it becuase alot of the library for the NES and SNES are on the Virtual Console or the GBA. If i were a collector i would buy it let me just say that.

bleedingsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bleedingsouls
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

the one they sell at thinkgeek.com is extremely reliable my neighbor highly reccomends it.

the only reason i dont it becuase alot of the library for the NES and SNES are on the Virtual Console or the GBA. If i were a collector i would buy it let me just say that.

Djmaster214
Yeah that one is the Retro Duo :) thanks :)
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

[QUOTE="Djmaster214"]

bleedingsouls

Yeah that one is the Retro Duo :) thanks :)

I had the Retro Duo and I didn't like it that much. If you touch it at all while playing it resets the game. Not a huge deal normally except that the controller cables are so short that i had to move it to reach where i was playing. It also is really light and cheap feeling. Just to play games its fine, but if you really want the best its the real deal old school ones for sure.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
RetroN3 or FC3 Plus tend to be the best-rated 'multi-unit' game systems for NES, SNES and Sega Genesis. Personally I still like playing on the real systems with the real controllers, as I know the audio and video will be the same as when I played them years ago.