This topic is locked from further discussion.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts

should i get a xbox i'am going to get a xbox 360 but xbox 360 does not play all the xbox games so should get for only like 70$

willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
not worth it you will be playing like 3 to 4 good games only then your out, get aps2 better LOL
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts
is there a worthy exclusive on xbox ?
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

is there a worthy exclusive on xbox ?TheLegendKnight

Several. There are a lot of exclusives that are great games, coupled with now cheap prices. Xbox's are now fairly cheap as well, so there isn't a lot of money involved either.

Robot_Vampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Robot_Vampire
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

is there a worthy exclusive on xbox ?TheLegendKnight

There are some good exclusives for the Xbox such as the Halo series and Fable, both of those games are really good. Another game out for Xbox is Shenmue 2 which is out on the Dreamcast but not many people bought on of those so it could be a good move. Not to forget Jet Set Radio (Jet Grind Radio if you're American).

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
TC, here is the list of the games that are BC with the 360. I'd link you to MS's site, but it is acting up, so cnet is just as good for the info. If you don't find the games you want to play from the original xbox, then you may want to consider getting one. Also, you might find a much better deal from craigslist.
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheLegendKnight
There are some good exclusives for the Xbox such as the Halo series and Fable, both of those games are really good. Another game out for Xbox is Shenmue 2 which is out on the Dreamcast but not many people bought on of those so it could be a good move. Not to forget Jet Set Radio (Jet Grind Radio if you're American).

Robot_Vampire

?? i played halo and fable on my pc. was i dreaming ?

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 muthsera666
[QUOTE="Robot_Vampire"]There are some good exclusives for the Xbox such as the Halo series and Fable, both of those games are really good. Another game out for Xbox is Shenmue 2 which is out on the Dreamcast but not many people bought on of those so it could be a good move. Not to forget Jet Set Radio (Jet Grind Radio if you're American).

TheLegendKnight

?? i played halo and fable on my pc. was i dreaming ?

Not everyone has a PC capable of playing such games. For some, but not for others. One of the great things about consoles is that they don't need updated all the time.

TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheLegendKnight

Not everyone has a PC capable of playing such games. For some, but not for others. One of the great things about consoles is that they don't need updated all the time.muthsera666

well my comp is crappy enough to not be able to play new games. halo and fable is pretty old. i played halo in 2002 if i remember right. 6 years...

anyway, to have pc or not that doesnt change being exclusive or not. if a game exists on more than 1 machine, its not exclusive. so halo 1-2, fable, kotor 1-2, splinter cell series, etc. are not exclusive games. so my question " does xbox have worthy exclusives?" should be answered with "no", if you cant say real exclusive games.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 muthsera666

[QUOTE="muthsera666"]Not everyone has a PC capable of playing such games. For some, but not for others. One of the great things about consoles is that they don't need updated all the time.TheLegendKnight

well my comp is crappy enough to not be able to play new games. halo and fable is pretty old. i played halo in 2002 if i remember right. 6 years...

anyway, to have pc or not that doesnt change being exclusive or not. if a game exists on more than 1 machine, its not exclusive. so halo 1-2, fable, kotor 1-2, splinter cell series, etc. are not exclusive games. so my question " does xbox have worthy exclusives?" should be answered with "no", if you cant say real exclusive games.

I classify PC games as their own breed as having a PC does not mean one will be able to play a game. If one has a Xbox, one can play any Xbox game. PS2 to PS2. Xbox 360 to Xbox 360. PS3 to PS3. And so on. I understand your point, and I agree that it's not wholly exclusive, but the PC has stringent limits on its capabilities depending upon its components.

Brute Force

Ninja Gaiden

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

Phantom Dust

Unreal Championship

Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Project Gotham Racing series

Forza Motorsport

Jet Set Radio Future

Those are just some from my collection. There are more, but I don't feel like looking them up. And these are all good games.

amozarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 amozarte
Member since 2008 • 1536 Posts

Well, that's really going to be your call- whether or not you think it's worth it to spend the $70 to play the handful of games you want to play that aren't on the Xbox Backward Compatability List

Personally, I've been able to do without an original Xbox. The majority of the "popular" games for Xbox are BC on the Xbox360. There are a few good ones that haven't made it to BC status yet, but MS is still adding more all the time so who knows.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts
yeah, u should own a regular xbox or ps2 if you have not played "the warriors". I love the game, but it does not play on the 360. I went through my Xbox collection, and i found about 1/3 will NOT play on the 360. What a joke.