Most disappointing game of 2020 (so far)?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

I loved the original game. The core gameplay of the RE3 remake is solid but all the cut content plus the unacceptable sub five hour completion time (and that's with me searching for everything) makes it utterly disappointing. RE3 remake should have been a DLC episode to RE2.

A very close second is The Last of Us Part II. If you ever wanted to play a desk drawer/closet/nook and cranny search simulator, this is the perfect game for you. This game is an immense slog to get through with a padded, pretentious, overbearing story and abysmal appalling characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

GoT was my disappointment, but it's still good. TLoU2 was my surprise hit, my favourite ND game, which isn't saying much tbh.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#3 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@phbz: Technically Sony haven’t released anything this entire generation since their entire first party library is the same game over and over again.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@phbz: Technically Sony haven’t released anything this entire generation since their entire first party library is the same game over and over again.

Lmao, incoming:

gaeandilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gaeandilth
Member since 2010 • 797 Posts

2020 in general has been a disappointment.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

LoU2. Story, characters, gameplay, ending - awful.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Probably TLOU2 for me. I would've gave it 10/10 if it wasn't for what happened in the first 2 hours. But still love the gameplay and length of the game. 9/10

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Starshine_M2A2

@jaydan: Always *has*.

Also, if I’m to take it you’re making an indirect threat to murder me for insulting Sony, you should be aware I’m not so easy to kill...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaydan

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@jaydan: Always *has*.

Also, if I’m to take it you’re making an indirect threat to murder me for insulting Sony, you should be aware I’m not so easy to kill...

Did you meme to tell me you take these things seriously? lulz

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

The immaturity in this thread is deep.

I'm assuming a lot of the jokes made above are from System-War locals. Stands out like a swallow thumb, who really even understands half the memes being thrown. . Game discussions are way more compelling, interesting and rich when brand loyalty isn't a restriction.

As for actual most disappointing game in 2020. In full agreement with you @GalvatronType_R it's probably Biohazard/ Resident Evil 3: Remake. As a huge supporter, demanding noise for this remake, and one who has made many threads on the subject, that's the honest truth. Then again coming after Resi2Remake was always big boots to fill, it's easily one of the best Survival Horror games ever made!

Not to state I didn't enjoy Resi3Remake, beat the game twenty times. Very fun. Yet could have been so much more than what we got, the lack of extra modes and unlockables was underwhelming. Should have never been a full priced game. Roughly 35% the content we got in Biohazard/ Resident Evil 2: Remake.

Couldn't have been DLC though, I think some assumptions on the games development have fans and pass-byes confused with reality. It's not the same studio or even developed on the same version of the RE Engine. If anything RE3Remake just needed more time, even an extra year.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Starshine_M2A2

@jaydan: Ah the old “It’s just a prank bro!” excuse! ...lulz.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jaydan

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@jaydan: Ah the old “It’s just a prank bro!” excuse! ...lulz.

Loading Video...

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Starshine_M2A2

@jaydan: T’was a great episode to be sure but not really relevant here.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jaydan

@Starshine_M2A2: To be honest neither of our posts are relevant to the thread here. I just thought that original meme I posted was funny when I saw it and thought it applied to what you said (I was agreeing with you on Sony's lack of variety) and how Playstation fans aggressively defend any such criticism of their games.

Anyways I'll kindly exit this thread so we don't continue to derail it.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Starshine_M2A2

@jaydan: Say that next time.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jaydan

@Starshine_M2A2: But hey if you take meme posts seriously on the internet by a stranger, check into your safe space. No one will bug you there. ;)

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Starshine_M2A2

@jaydan: I’m the last person to ask for a safe space but you should know that free speech does not extend to hate speech which is defined by threats or incitement to violence as you have done in this thread.

But you’ve explained yourself (albeit crudely) so that’s fine. But I would ask that you think before posting next time.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jaydan

@Starshine_M2A2: There was never hate speech, you're just delusional now.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Starshine_M2A2

@jaydan: But there was a threat of violence.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

I want to say death stranding but that came out the end of 2019, as far as 2020 I don't know, probably last of us 2

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jaydan

@Starshine_M2A2: No there wasn't. If you actually think there was then go ahead and report it. In reality I'm pretty sure we'd both get modded for spamming this thread.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Starshine_M2A2

@jaydan: Then stop spamming it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jaydan

@Starshine_M2A2: Next time just don't be so sensitive over a meme picture that you can find all over the internet. You might claim you're the last person to ask for a safe space but you sure as hell need it.

At this point you're just as guilty as I am for spamming this thread.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Starshine_M2A2

@jaydan: I just don’t appreciate people threatening to murder me, that’s all. Call me crazy but I just don’t find that funny.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jaydan

@Starshine_M2A2: Goddamn you're a joke.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Starshine_M2A2

@jaydan: I thought I was a human being.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2: so any game besides a first person shooter is the same thing over and over? First person shooters are also the same thing over and over

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Starshine_M2A2

@Fairmonkey: In Sony’s case, yes. FPS games can be open world, non linear, puzzle focused, procedural rogue-likes, physics based and not to mention the many examples of narrative FPS games that occupy endlessly varied settings, eras and worlds that utterly outclass any of Sony’s “movie” games.

The original Halo trilogy, Half-Life 2, Dishonored, Bioshock, Metro: Last Light and FEAR all offer superior narrative experiences to the likes of The Last of Us 2.

And do you know why? Because they have naturally talented writers working on them. Sony exclusives wear their pretentiousness on their sleeves and are created by some of the most entitled and egotistical douchebags currently working in the industry. Ever visited Neil Druckmann’s Twitter page? It’s quite something in its immaturity that betrays his lack of talent. And that comparison of TLoU2 to Schindler’s List was the most absurd thingS I’ve ever seen written about a video game.

Sony’s games look pretty. But that’s all. Their profundity is a red herring and should only be regarded as what they are - competently made technically but with never more than average writing and absolutely zero innovation.

We need less Druckmanns and more Sam Lakes, Melissa Millers and Ken Levines. They are the true artists, the true storytellers. They do it out of love, not the need for acknowledgement.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Last of Us 2 for sure. Didn't know back in 2013 that I would have to wait 7 years to get slapped in the face

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Doom Eternal they ruined the combat system.

lagantd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By lagantd1
Member since 2020 • 4 Posts

The Last of Us 2. Everything about it except for graphics and gameplay was just god awful. gender politics do not belong in video games.

Kynareth5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#34 Kynareth5
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts

Warcraft III ReForged

and TLOU II

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts
@lagantd1 said:

Everything about it except for graphics and gameplay was just god awful.

I've read and heared the gameplay has a lot to be desired. What is actually so impressive about the gameplay? Seems to do standard third person, masked behind some stunning presentation. Little less. Knife and melee are overpowered; and most seem to agree the game gives too much resources even on the highest difficulty (pre-update)

Considering how much Naughty Dog games control your actions for you am surprised people praise the gameplay so much. Guess they never played better.

*On another note that the **** happened to this thread. Way to miss the point doods! jeez

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

I don't think I've played anything that dissapointed me in 2020. All the games that dissapointed me, I just didn't play. For example, I know I'd be dissapointed by the new Paper Mario if I played it, so I didn't.

But yeah. Origami King could be my most (unplayed) dissapointing game of 2020. Nintendo could've fixed that by telling me beforehand that the game wasn't gonna be like The Thousand Year Door.

DOOM: Eternal dissapointed me a little bit too, perhaps. Wasn't very fond of the resource management part of the gameplay. I mean, it's fun, but they can make DOOM funner without it. Also not a huge fan of "glory kills" as it fucks with the pacing of the game, but I knew they'd have them. Bit dissapointed that you can't dial down the flashing of enemies when a glory kill is possible (it's either very flashing enemies or no flashing at all), and the UI is pretty ugly. Game's good though.