Mix of Keyboard and mouse and controller for FPS and TPS with driving

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I doubt it's only for me that keyboard and mouse is not good for driving. I'm about sure that most use controller for racing games.

So I though that for games TPS games like Mad Max and FPS games like Far Cry 4, it should have an option to switch to controller when driving.

Controlling car with keyboard and mouse is possible but like I said it's much funnier and efficient with the controller.

Not sure why no games has been done for this yet.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

If you just want to use the controller, you can already do this yourself. There's a free application called "Joytokey" which allows to turn gamepad input into raw keyboard input, so you can use a controller with games that don't support it, and in your case you could have both at the same time.

Granted, if analog input is what you are after, configuring the sticks would be a little trickier, but it's worth a shot.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@gmak2442: A lot of games do this already? Many FPS and TPS games don't force you to use one control type or another. You can simply play with KB/Mouse while on foot and then pick up the controller when you get in a vehicle. Games that require you to manually switch your control type are actually less common.

-Byshop

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Mouse, Keyboard, and controller is the best control system we have today. Deus Ex: Human Revolution does this well. It fix all the problem with keyboards, mouse and controller for playing FPS. Don't use anything that make you controller mimic a keyboard that just suck and is a poor system to work with because it does not fix the horrible problems.

I hate mouse and keyboard for FPS games.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gmak2442

@Byshop:

@Byshop said:

@gmak2442: A lot of games do this already? Many FPS and TPS games don't force you to use one control type or another. You can simply play with KB/Mouse while on foot and then pick up the controller when you get in a vehicle. Games that require you to manually switch your control type are actually less common.

-Byshop

I don't think the games I've tried in the past worked. And also have you ever got the problem of vibration while the controller is on the table and while playing with M&K?

Anyway, I'll try on Mad Max and see if it work fine or not.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Byshop  Moderator

@gmak2442 said:

@Byshop:

I don't think the games I've tried in the past worked. And also have you ever got the problem of vibration while the controller is on the table and while playing with M&K?

What games are those? Again, this works in most games that support controllers.

-Byshop

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Byshop  Moderator

@Byshop said:
@gmak2442 said:

@Byshop:

What games are those? Again, this works in most games that support controllers.

-Byshop

Mad Max works. As does Far Cry, Crysis (if I recall), Batman, etc, etc...

-Byshop

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmak2442

I don't recall sorry. Either I never though about taking the controller or either it did not work. I know a look a little dumb but I have no friends to talk only this forum.

I'll try on Mad Max and possibly MSG too and see if it work well for me. Maybe turning off the vibration could solve my problem.