Metroid Corruption: Primed for August 20th release: More titles listed

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=12200  

NINTENDO NEWS: NINTENDO'S SUMMER LINEUP SATISFIES CORE AND NEW GAMERS

May 21, 2007

Whether you're a longtime gamer who likes cla-ssic franchises or a newcomer aiming to keep your brain sharp, Nintendo's summer lineup of games has something for you. Nintendo's offerings are anchored by key WiiTM games like Metroid Prime® 3 Corruption and Mario StrikersTM Charged. Nintendo DSTM owners can challenge their minds with games like Brain AgeTM 2: More Training in Minutes a Day and the new picture-based puzzle game, Picross DSTM.

Licensees also are demonstrating a strong commitment to Wii and Nintendo DS by announcing more than 40 titles in all genres. The unique controls of Wii and Nintendo DS make the Nintendo platform versions of these games entirely new experiences. No matter what your taste or experience level, you'll keep busy this summer!

Wii

July 30 Mario Strikers Charged Nintendo

Aug. 20 Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Nintendo

September Battalion Wars  2 Nintendo

Aug. 14 High School Musical: Sing It! Disney Interactive Studios

Aug. 14 Madden NFL '08EA

August Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08 EA

August Space Station Tycoon Namco Bandai

August Brunswick Pro Bowling Crave

August Dave Mirra BMX Challenge Crave

August Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection Crave

September Brothers in Arms Ubisoft

September Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal Warner Bros.

September George of the Jungle Crave

Fall Boogie EA

Nintendo DSgames listed at the link too :arrow:

discipleofsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 discipleofsin
Member since 2004 • 352 Posts
I honestly didn't think Metroid would come out this year ...
EdiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 EdiD
Member since 2005 • 115 Posts
 That list doesn't satisfy me I'm only interested in 2 or 3 games, but it's OK because I have an Xbox 360 as-well.
CAD-Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CAD-Monkey
Member since 2002 • 124 Posts

My hopes are high for MP3.  This is pretty much the game that will determine if I get a Wii this year or not.  Is Super Mario Galaxy going to make it this year?

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gaminggeek

According to Iwata in response to Japanese investors the big 3 are all coming this year in Japan.

21.05.07 - Capcom communicates in a business report today that they will immediately increase their software support for Wii and Nintendo DS. At the moment 6 games for Wii and 14 games for Nintendo DS are in development.

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts

According to Iwata in response to Japanese investors the big 3 are all coming this year in Japan.

21.05.07 - Capcom communicates in a business report today that they will immediately increase their software support for Wii and Nintendo DS. At the moment 6 games for Wii and 14 games for Nintendo DS are in development.

gaminggeek

Does "the big 3" include MP3? I know the Metroid Prime games aren't that popular in Japan... Europe got MP2 before Japan so maybe, hopefully, us Europeans will see it in 07 as well :D

joyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 joyer
Member since 2003 • 979 Posts
good news... not sure about mostve the other games though lol have to wait and see
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Metroid and Strikers should be enough for the summer. The rest of the lineup is rather dire, anyway.
SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

21.05.07 - Capcom communicates in a business report today that they will immediately increase their software support for Wii and Nintendo DS. At the moment 6 games for Wii and 14 games for Nintendo DS are in development.

toment

Does "the big 3" include MP3? I know the Metroid Prime games aren't that popular in Japan... Europe got MP2 before Japan so maybe, hopefully, us Europeans will see it in 07 as well :D

Yeah, when will we see MP3?  After the first I said I had had enough metroid for another decade, I didn't finnish the second, but for some reason I keep comming back for more... 

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gaminggeek
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

toment

Yes it does, Metroid prime 3, Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brother Brawl. Iwata said to investors that one of those was primarily for the overseas market.

Us europeans also have Super paper Mario and Trauma center coming soon.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Trauma Center and the word "soon" should never co-exist in the same sentence.
Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mantorok
Member since 2002 • 2558 Posts
[QUOTE="toment"][QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

gaminggeek

Yes it does, Metroid prime 3, Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brother Brawl. Iwata said to investors that one of those was primarily for the overseas market.

Us europeans also have Super paper Mario and Trauma center coming soon.

I'm hoping we get MP3 this year, if I can have SPM, Trauma Center and MP3 in the same year I would quite honestly be very satisfied, the drought is killing me at the moment. 

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

Trauma Center and the word "soon" should never co-exist in the same sentence.nopalversion

Neither Super Paper Mario.  Online shops I mainly use like blahdvd and play.com have a release date for the end of November, but let's hope it doesn't mean anything :( 

trifecta_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 trifecta_basic
Member since 2003 • 11542 Posts
I had a hunch they'd put Prime 3 out in August, Nintendo always releases something big in that month.
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

So

May: Mario Party 8
June: Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree/Pokemon Battle Revolution
July: Mario Striker Charged
August: Metroid Prime 3
September: Battalion Wars 2
October: ......
November: ......
December: ......

I'm hoping either Disaster or Project HAMMER is in there. I'd like to see an original new IP and not just returning franchises before the end of the year.

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 toment
Trauma Center and the word "soon" should never co-exist in the same sentence.nopalversion
It took them over six months to change "Center" to "Centre", impecable.
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 toment

So

June: Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree/Pokemon Battle Revolution

I'm hoping either Disaster or Project HAMMER is in there. I'd like to see an original new IP and not just returning franchises before the end of the year.

laus_basic
I thought Project Hammer was cancelled
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 nuttybar
Member since 2005 • 9624 Posts
I would be over the moon about this...but we still dont have Super Paper Mario yet, hell we dont even have Trauma Centre yet either.  Still Metroid Prime 3...woot.  If we dont get it in august or september I'm breaking skulls
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts
[QUOTE="laus_basic"]

So

June: Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree/Pokemon Battle Revolution

toment

I thought Project Hammer was cancelled

Nah it's still alive and kickin. It was on Nintendo list of games coming out in Japan for 2007 that they showed not too long ago.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#20 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

The most important date...

When is Super Smash Bros. Brawl coming out? 

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 toment

SemiMaster
Probably not in 07 EU...:( Brawl looks the least finished out of the three.
Heathcliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#22 Heathcliff
Member since 2003 • 8843 Posts
August 20?  Nice! . . . Wait. . . maybe not so much.  I come back from my trip to Central America on the 19th.  I'll be broke! :cry:
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I'm more excited about the DS line-up than the Wii, honestly.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SemiMaster
[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]

toment

Probably not in 07 EU...:( Brawl looks the least finished out of the three.

Awww... that's the only game that makes me want a Wii. So much so that if it was on the PS3 theoretically, I'd buy one just for that game. Oh well, I'll keep waiting, you can't mess with a masterpiece. 

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts

I just realized that Blue Dragon is coming out around the same time as Metroid.

Gonna be one busy month for me.

But seriously, I'm disappointed at how little of Nintendo's line-up is going to be out. They can't get Disaster, Project Hammer, Wii Health Pack or Wii Music out before the fourth quarter? Lame. Really, really lame. 

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SemiMaster

But seriously, I'm disappointed at how little of Nintendo's line-up is going to be out. They can't get Disaster, Project Hammer, Wii Health Pack or Wii Music out before the fourth quarter? Lame. Really, really lame.

Oilers99

All systems have everything coming out at the end of Q3 or later...

I thought all of 2007 was going to kick ass, but in reality, only the latter 1/3rd is going to. Nintendo's not the only one taking their sweet time now. 

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gaminggeek

I'm hoping we get MP3 this year, if I can have SPM, Trauma Center and MP3 in the same year I would quite honestly be very satisfied, the drought is killing me at the moment. Mantorok

Elebits is your friend. Oh and I forgot, we got Super Swing Golf coming and Mario strikers is out very soon, IGN just reviewed it "hugely entertaining" they reckon. I'm actually interested in Batallion Wars 2, BWii. I was always intrigued by the first one that apparentely was a pretty decent game. With Wii-mote action and online multiplayer it's worth a look.

rodri_ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rodri_ng
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

Only 3 more months to get Metroid Prime,  that´s great 

Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mantorok

Oilers99

Indeed, and we all know why, the Wii's not showing any signs of slowing down sales-wise, so Nintendo can afford to wait, this will ensure a very solid late 2007/8 line-up, possibly an amazing line-up, the only downside for us is that we have to wait 6 months or so.

In a nutshell, Nintendo wins in 2007, and Wii-owners win in 2008 onwards, I don't like having to wait but it does fill me with some confidence that we won't hit a bad drought next year.

SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts

Elebits is your friend. Oh and I forgot, we got Super Swing Golf coming and Mario strikers is out very soon, IGN just reviewed it "hugely entertaining" they reckon. I'm actually interested in Batallion Wars 2, BWii. I was always intrigued by the first one that apparentely was a pretty decent game. With Wii-mote action and online multiplayer it's worth a look.

Batallion Wars 2 features online play?  :shock:  I skipped the original because it lacked any form of multiplayer, seems like I no longer have any excuses not to check these games out then.

Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mantorok

[QUOTE="Mantorok"]

I'm hoping we get MP3 this year, if I can have SPM, Trauma Center and MP3 in the same year I would quite honestly be very satisfied, the drought is killing me at the moment. gaminggeek

Elebits is your friend. Oh and I forgot, we got Super Swing Golf coming and Mario strikers is out very soon, IGN just reviewed it "hugely entertaining" they reckon. I'm actually interested in Batallion Wars 2, BWii. I was always intrigued by the first one that apparentely was a pretty decent game. With Wii-mote action and online multiplayer it's worth a look.

Mario Strikers does have me interested, particularly as my Dad may purchase it and then I can kick his a*se over Wi-Fi :).

I've heard mixed reviews over SSG, and yeah, I've been intrigued by Eledees, but again, mixed reviews, what to do.....what to do.... 

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Oilers99

Yeah, it seems a bit strange that not one of those titles you mentioned was given a release date. It seems to me Ninty is positioning Metroid to attempt to break up the inevitable gaming drought between summer and the holidays, which will probably be real nice for those that buy it. But still, I'd figure they'd release Wii Health or Wii Music around the same time to take care of the Wii owners not interested in MP.

Anyway, if MP3 is good it might make me actually buy a Wii (despite all my criticisms :P).  When it comes down to it, I'm just a sucker for Metroid. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

Metroid August 20th huh. Meh, I'm not excited at all really. :|

Oh who am I kiddin'? I LOVE METROID! Finally, a big epic game on Wii that I can get excited about.

Why does it seem like there's an air of indifference to this game though? Like nobody cares. Metroid Prime was imo the most impressive Gamecube game and the game that really set the benchmark on the console, not to mention one of the very best games of the generation as Gamespot seemed to agree.

Then, Metroid Echoes came out in 2004 and was a very solid sequel that, while having some pacing problems and a brutal fetchquest, more than made up for any shortcomings with a great adventure full of platforming and exploration even more hardcore ( as in, one of the harder games of the generation) than the original.

Now, Corruption seems to be adding a whole BUNCH of improvements that, if done right, will make this the best Metroid yet. Control Samus's ship for bombing runs, voice acting, better balance of combat and exploration, and hopefully some very solid controls. This game deserves more love, kind of like Bioshock. One thing I do hope they adress though, is the weapon system. I'd like to have a totally different gun attatchment for every gun, like they did with the combat suits in Echoes, instead of the same ol' boring arm piece all the time.

BTW, Battalion Wars 2 in September. Can't wait. BW was a really great game that got ignored at the end of Cube's lifespan. If this one does indeed have online play, it could be a blast. Single-player already is.

Things are starting to finally pick up on the software front for Wii.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gaminggeek

Then, Metroid Echoes came out in 2004 and was a very solid sequel that, while having some pacing problems and a brutal fetchquest, more than made up for any shortcomings with a great adventure full of platforming and exploration even more hardcore ( as in, one of the harder games of the generation) than the original.

BTW, Battalion Wars 2 in September. Can't wait. BW was a really great game that got ignored at the end of Cube's lifespan. If this one does indeed have online play, it could be a blast. Single-player already is.

Things are starting to finally pick up on the software front for Wii.

EdgecrusherAza

Defintely agree on Prime 2 being more hardcore. It was a challenging treat for me, harder, darker. Like the majora to ocarina. I've played both prime games through twice, Prime 1 obviously has the benefit of being new and it plays like butter because it has no dual world mechanic and is quite easy too. Prime 2 is harder, more complex and more devious. I found it just challenging enough to get even more satisfaction out of it. The fetch quest stuff doesn't bother me as I don't torture myself about it, seriously we're on a site affiliated with gamefaqs.com look to the bottom of your screen right now and the solution is there.

Bwii is looking good, because of the wii-mote making things simpler for squad mechanics, at least I hope and aiming. And then the online mode could be cool so I'd like to try that out.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ASK_Story

I have to start getting into my Metroid Prime games for my dusty Cube again. I have yet to finish them *sorry, I should be ashamed of myself for not playing them all the way through*.

With that said, MP3 looks exciting....however, I have to still sadly say that it is still NOT enough to warrant a Wii purchase yet....a very close "yet."

Anyway, other than Metroid Prime 3, the rest of the Wii's line-up is "meh." Mario Strikers is cool but I didn't really like the first one. It was my least favorite Mario sport game out of all the other ones. Bring out Mario Kart, Golf and Tennis with the Wii-mote than now we're talking!

Siddiqui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Siddiqui
Member since 2002 • 544 Posts

This is very good. I doubt Metroid would be released this early if Nintendo wasn't very confident a bigger game/games would be ready for Q4. And then Smash Bros. Brawl is too straightforward of a game to likely get delayed too far. I'm wondering if Galaxy will be delayed again but it looks like all three will make it this year. There's certainly space if Metroid is releasing that early. As for Disaster, Hammer, and Fire Emblem, according to IGN...

Disaster in Sept.
Fire Emblem in Nov.
and Project Hammer is still just Q3 [not Q4? probably wrong here]...

Yeah these aren't official at all but IGN was right about Metroid coming sometime August so this is worth considering at least...

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ASK_Story

This is very good. I doubt Metroid would be released this early if Nintendo wasn't very confident a bigger game/games would be ready for Q4. And then Smash Bros. Brawl is too straightforward of a game to likely get delayed too far. I'm wondering if Galaxy will be delayed again but it looks like all three will make it this year. There's certainly space if Metroid is releasing that early. As for Disaster, Hammer, and Fire Emblem, according to IGN...

Disaster in Sept.
Fire Emblem in Nov.

Yeah these aren't official at all but IGN was right about Metroid coming sometime August so this is worth considering at least...

Siddiqui

Hmmm....no other game on the Wii has me more curious and skeptical than Project HAMMER. It's from NST, y` know. :roll:

I bet if Project HAMMER flops NST will be flushed down along with Flagship....this is just my prediction so don't take it personally. :P

Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Brain3000
Member since 2003 • 2857 Posts

Well, Rockstar gave GameDaily BIZ a nice update to go along with the Nintendo list:

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16215 

[UPDATE] Representatives for Rockstar Games contacted GameDaily BIZ to let us know that Manhunt 2 on Wii will be released on July 10. This was curiously missing from the official Nintendo list we originally published.GameDaily BIZ

Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Brain3000
Member since 2003 • 2857 Posts

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="Siddiqui"]

Disaster in Sept.
Fire Emblem in Nov.

dvader654

Hmmm....no other game on the Wii has me more curious and skeptical than Project HAMMER. It's from NST, y` know. :roll:

I bet if Project HAMMER flops NST will be flushed down along with Flagship....this is just my prediction so don't take it personally. :P

Does anyone have any expectations on Project HAMMER...

I don't really know what to think, since what we've seen is over several month old now. I think I'm going to go the route of expecting the worst, and being pleasantly suprised when it isn't the worst. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="Siddiqui"]

Disaster in Sept.
Fire Emblem in Nov.

dvader654

Does anyone have any expectations on Project HAMMER...

Dude NST have to be Nintendo's worst development team. I'm surprised they're still around personally.

gohantech00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gohantech00
Member since 2005 • 9216 Posts
How sweet! It comes out the day of my birthday:D! Well, looks like I know exactly what I want on that day. Hellz yeah8)
Siddiqui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Siddiqui

I bet if Project HAMMER flops NST will be flushed down along with Flagship....this is just my prediction so don't take it personally. :PASK_Story

Of course. I'm looking at Project Hammer blind. NST stuff seems almost random in quality. One game turns out great the next not so great at all. It's an eternal rookie developer, right? What else do you expect?

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Hmmm....no other game on the Wii has me more curious and skeptical than Project HAMMER. It's from NST, y` know. :roll:

I bet if Project HAMMER flops NST will be flushed down along with Flagship....this is just my prediction so don't take it personally. :PSiddiqui

Of course. I'm looking at Project Hammer blind. NST stuff seems almost random in quality. One game turns out great the next not so great at all. It's an eternal rookie developer, right? What else do you expect?

You're right. Mario vs. Donkey Kong on the GBA was fun and addicting to play whereas Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 on the DS was frustrating and not so fun.

So if what you say is true, than that means Metroid Prime Hunters 2 will be awesome! ;)

Siddiqui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Siddiqui

So if what you say is true, than that means Metroid Prime Hunters 2 will be awesome! ;)ASK_Story

Well, either that or you'll just hate it even more. Hmm...

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Woo, Metroid. I'll be enjoying that in the summer, that's for sure. Madden will also be mine the week of its release. Tiger Woods might be worth a rental.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Manhunt 2 in July, freakin Metroid Prime 3 in August its gonna be one sweeeet summer. Now THESE are the Wii games im talking about. Awesome news GG I am so excited that I cant even think of my usually clever, witty remark.
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
Excellent. I was worried that MP3 would be arriving around november or december.