Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I have been thinking on it awhile. To be honest not too much is holding me on PlayStation these days. Add to that a few games have had crashing issues. Freedom Planet crashing in cutscenes and according to my error history Terraria has crashed 23 times while my nephew and cousin we're playing it. Both crashing games give the same error code so I'm gonna assume it's a hardware problem. My other gripes have to do with the os and controller. The os can be laggy particularly if it's online and it's boring af. It might also be the cause of crashes. Lastly ds4 controllers do not last long before they start messing up. Sometimes characters stick in place for a second while you try to move them. In overwatch one of my controllers rapidly scrolls through the home menu nonstop. And lastly the batteries are shit. So what you think time to move on from this fragile hardware?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15947 Posts

Most important is you have fun, I bash Nintendo a lot for milking their franchises but I still buys the Switch and their previous consoles.

Also: put this in system war.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10484 Posts
@Celsius765 said:

I have been thinking on it awhile. To be honest not too much is holding me on PlayStation these days. Add to that a few games have had crashing issues. Freedom Planet crashing in cutscenes and according to my error history Terraria has crashed 23 times while my nephew and cousin we're playing it. Both crashing games give the same error code so I'm gonna assume it's a hardware problem. My other gripes have to do with the os and controller. The os can be laggy particularly if it's online and it's boring af. It might also be the cause of crashes. Lastly ds4 controllers do not last long before they start messing up. Sometimes characters stick in place for a second while you try to move them. In overwatch one of my controllers rapidly scrolls through the home menu nonstop. And lastly the batteries are shit. So what you think time to move on from this fragile hardware?

depends on what's important to you. i'd be wary of moving over to xbox just because you've had a bit of bad luck with the ds controller and you find the os "boring," by which i can only assume must mean the ui? if all your mates are on xbox and it has all the games, both current and upcoming, that you want to play then do it

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69819 Posts

Buy it. Try it.

No likey, return it.

Likey, keep it.

DylanSeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By DylanSeo
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

what is the biggest reason?

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Celsius765

@dylanseo: probably the games. Sony has dropped a lot of IP in favor of relying on uncharted, gow, last of us and I suppose bloodborne. There isn't much to play that I can't get anywhere else. In fact with switch there's little reason to buy anything on PS4.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Celsius765

@Macutchi: I actually wonder if I just picked up a dud unit. I dunno if others have had as much bad luck with ps4

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Celsius765

@sakaixx: I could but are there that many people who talk critically in there and aren't all "Durr hurr you am butt hurt my expensive toy bedur"

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

All your problems do not exist, the OS is way smoother than Xbox. More games on it as well, it's worth owning both if you can afford them.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10484 Posts
@Celsius765 said:

@Macutchi: I actually wonder if I just picked up a dud unit. I dunno if others have had as much bad luck with ps4

possibly. my launch model and controller still going strong, although the fan sounds like it's a helicopter preparing for lift off at times. i've got a switch, ps4 and xbox and the xbox is by far my least used console (and i only bought a switch last month!). i only use it to play 360 games and occasionally dip into the master chief collection. buyer beware

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Celsius765

@Random_Matt: how would you know, you don't have my PS4 I do

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Celsius765: I dunno man - seems like a lot of money to buy a new console and rebuy all the multiplats you are playing. I think the only reason I'd switch to Xbox innyour situation is if you preferred their platform exclusives and/or your MP friends were on that platform. Otherwise, multiplats are multiplats. IMO, you clearly have some defect with your controller - my two from launch are still fine. I'd be inclined to just replace the controller before throwing the baby out with the bathwater

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Celsius765

@xantufrog: what model do you have? If the pro was it worth it

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

To be honest, I wouldn't bother buying an Xbox One this gen at all. Both Sony & MS will be launching new next-gen console probably in 2020, it's best you wait so you won't get left behind. And while you wait, why not just go ahead and invest building a PC? PC sounds more suitable then buying Xbox One now. If PC price is you're biggest concern, you could start $500-$700 within that range and you'll be more please then buying Xbox One since you can now play MS games on PC.

Just so you know, you can pick up Xbox One S around for only $250 if you really want to buy it now. Here's a nice: Xbox One S Starter Bundle from Amazon and not a bad deal for what you're getting if you ask me.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#15 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I'm almost never a "just build a PC" guy, but that should be an option to consider. Most Xbox One games can be played on PC and, as far as I know, any future big name Xbox One "exclusives" will also be on PC. Also, the problems you mention experiencing with the PS4 aren't common. And I've never had a problem with a PS4 controller. They're a great improvement from the PS3 controller imo.

In any case, to each their own. If buying/building a PC doesn't interest you, then Xbox Ones are pretty cheap now and I'm sure there's plenty of bundles to choose from.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Celsius765: no it's just the generic old PS4 phat. I personally doubt a Pro is worth it, but I don't have a 4k TV to get much out of it except in the cases where there's a performance mode

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online
Member since 2009 • 11675 Posts

Never had too many issues with the Playstation 4, seems to do exactly what I expect. Crashes happen far less than I recall on PS3 but must admit it likely varies more with how well the software is optimised and Freedom Planet is poorly optimised on P.C. so I imagine all the console ports are even worse. Owlboy was very much the same, and I regret getting the PS4 edition later on.

My main two issues with PS4 1) is the standard DS4 controller, much like yourself while ok still feels cheap, and that's why I've got an adopter to play my Switch Pro controller on PS4. It's just the best first party controller on the market in my opinion. 2) is paying online, which we can all agree stinks on everything. If it wasn't for Monster Hunter wouldn't even consider the insulting investment.

Anyway back on track. Just seems to me you're having a change of heart. Xbox may lack in some areas but being able to play a healthy backlog of classics is certainly appealing in its own right.

Don't think you'll find it more well optimised for software over the PS4, I think developers have treated both very similar outside the X/Pro slight buff of 4K juice. Then again it will for the most part improve your controller issue if you invest in an Elite.

Overall the difference in games is one of two reasons I stick with PS4, the other (and main factor) is community. And from personal experience would state you'll have a better time with what your friends mostly game-on.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Celsius765

@RSM-HQ: wait you got a switch pro controller to work on PS4? I have been meaning to buy another one all I have is my old Splatoon 2 special edition controller. I need to get a feel for what I wanna play multiplayer wise. I actually don't have many friends for gaming

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

@Celsius765: my ps4 pro never crashed.

maybe yours is too close to something that reduces fan efficiency? or maybe a faulty unit I dont know :/

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online
Member since 2009 • 11675 Posts

@Celsius765: Many the third party adopters on the market work on all the current consoles, they're easy to find so may be worth looking into. Find the Switch Pro just to be the best choice for most games while the DS4 was only useful for Tearaway on the PS4, seeing as it used some of the DS4 features.

If you have less friends for gaming, seems to be more about controls from what I understand, and perhaps selection of games. As stated I enjoy some games only offered on Sonys hardware despite not being big on the flashy Uncharted and Horizon like games. So comes down to if you prefer what Xbox is offering or PlayStation I guess. Neither is really a bad choice honestly, don't let the fanbois tell you otherwise. They both have clear pros and cons.