Maybe Rockstar has a good reason for delaying GTA5 on PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

I can already picture it. Hackers destroying the game, cheating and doing all sorts of messed up stuff to screw up online play just so they can get the best tank in the game, etc. I mean consoles suffered this problem as well so imagine what would happen on the PC version aka the hackers favourite system.

Idk how they will pull of heists successfully but I hope it is high risk high reward. I hope people don't start farming heists day and night. Rockstar probably had to think a lot about the implementation of heists taking into account all the farmers and hackers that play. Yes, obviously Rockstar has to make sure people still buy shark cards lol I mean you can't give everything away for free...

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I personally think Heists is a large reason for not releasing it. If heists and the online aspect promised isn't present and finished at launch, they can be assured to lose a large portion of their pc markets sales. I'd say even more so then the average game since those new online features will be what pulls in people who are on the fence between pirating or buying.

Though the companies over all track record with pc is bad. The team leading this game on pc is the team who made Max Payne 3 and that game was great on pc's. So I'm not sure it's totally them having a hard time getting it to work right. Big games like this all ways have issues but with that team I can't see it being overly bad. Well not as bad as GTA4 at least. Who knows, though it could just be a combo of both. Heists not being done and the game not being fully optimized or debugged.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@BboyStatix said:

I can already picture it. Hackers destroying the game, cheating and doing all sorts of messed up stuff to screw up online play just so they can get the best tank in the game, etc. I mean consoles suffered this problem as well so imagine what would happen on the PC version aka the hackers favourite system.

Idk how they will pull of heists successfully but I hope it is high risk high reward. I hope people don't start farming heists day and night. Rockstar probably had to think a lot about the implementation of heists taking into account all the farmers and hackers that play. Yes, obviously Rockstar has to make sure people still buy shark cards lol I mean you can't give everything away for free...

The only reason why they are delaying it is because they are morons who can't follow a schedule and because they dont give a crap about PC.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@Jacanuk: Rockstar is a Sony whóre :p

tedlimert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 tedlimert
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts

@dylandr said:

@Jacanuk: Rockstar is a Sony whóre :p

If you are gonna be wh*re of some company, you had better choose Sony over MSSh*t.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6  Edited By dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@tedlimert: True but still better not whóre out

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

It's likely because of the Heists, but I'm fairly certain that if they delay it once again then people are going to flip.

And for the sake of venting my own opinion on the matter, I think the whole " We need to delay it again but you get 200 000 ingame cash as compensation" is rather desperate. Those that have preorder already get 500 000 ingame cash in multiplayer and single player, and then even more? I thought you were supposed to do missions and such to earn money for the stuff you wanted ingame. Now have it served from the get-go.