Mass effect (360) screens showcase a bad case of designer stubble

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

link

Try opening link in new window and refreshing if it doesn't work. 56k warning

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts

Is this guy made of rock!? Looks amazing.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Mass Effect is amazing on every level imagineable.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#4 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
Looks amazing. Can't wait
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44422 Posts
Damn! It's almost scary how great this game is looking. So this is still scheduled for an August release? If so then awesome only probably about two months away now. I can't wait.
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts
I really don't see it, don't see what's so good looking about this game. It is sure as hell not a bad looking game, but certainly not among the best i've seen on the new consoles. While the characters are nice (not goergeous but nice) the levels must be the blandest i've seen and they totally lack any wow factor...
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

I can see your point about the bland environments, but I think it's due to the lack of variety in the screenshots. The characters look very nice, and it looks as if the engine can support lots of them at once. No character shadows seem to be in place yet, though.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#8 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

it looks like the character models were the main focus of the pictures because if they weren't, those are some weird camera angles in some of those pics...

but the scene of the alien bar looks great and what one would expect from a setting like that.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

I.Want.This.Game.Now.

Awesome screens.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

This the caliber of rpg I expect from the guys who amazed me with KOTOR1. Definite must-buy.

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts

The character models are zomg incerdible but do you see that space-chair the lady alien is sitting in in one of the bar screens. It's wedged between two types of surface, making it look like its not quite making contact with the floor, breaking the illusion.

Too bad Bioware, now i'm not playing this game:/

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
Just beautiful. What else can you say. I hope the combat is good, I really dont know much about it. My only complaint is the way they run. It looks odd.
The_Duke_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Duke_Lives
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
That last screen is among the best I've ever seen in a game.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

I can say that I am pretty impressed with the graphic level of this game. I also like the way that in some scenes , which seem to be dialogue scenes, they have the character that is in the forground in clear forcus while the characters in the back ground are out of focus. It brings a remarkable amount of cinematic quality to the game.

It's the collective small things one does to produce a great game. Or... perhaps I am just easy to please.:P

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
This will likley end up being a strong strong GOTY contender. Bioware dosent do bad games...ever and a next gen offering from them is only going to further cement their immortality in my mind.
The_Duke_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Duke_Lives

This will likley end up being a strong strong GOTY contender. Bioware dosent do bad games...ever and a next gen offering from them is only going to further cement their immortality in my mind.GodModeEnabled
Strong contender? Hell, I'm willing to just go ahead and give it to them now. :P

The only other's I see that stand a chance are Halo 3, GTA4, Forza 2, and Bioshock. And I would be pretty surprised if one of those managed to beat out the likes of Mass Effect.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]This will likley end up being a strong strong GOTY contender. Bioware dosent do bad games...ever and a next gen offering from them is only going to further cement their immortality in my mind.The_Duke_Lives

Strong contender? Hell, I'm willing to just go ahead and give it to them now. :P

The only other's I see that stand a chance are Halo 3, GTA4, Forza 2, and Bioshock. And I would be pretty surprised if one of those managed to beat out the likes of Mass Effect.

Well I would flatout give it GOTY if not for Grand Theft Auto 4... I just have a really really good feeling that GTA4 is going to be mindblowingly awesome. Bioshock has potential too.... Halo 3 might be a lot of peoples because of the multi but unless the single player is drastically improved it cant touch GTA4 and Mass Effect in my eyes. This is the best year of games ever man its so crazy, it is seriously the best year I have ever seen and I think GOTY may be like a 5 way tie this year LOL.
The_Duke_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Duke_Lives
[QUOTE="The_Duke_Lives"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]This will likley end up being a strong strong GOTY contender. Bioware dosent do bad games...ever and a next gen offering from them is only going to further cement their immortality in my mind.GodModeEnabled

Well I would flatout give it GOTY if not for Grand Theft Auto 4... I just have a really really good feeling that GTA4 is going to be mindblowingly awesome. Bioshock has potential too.... Halo 3 might be a lot of peoples because of the multi but unless the single player is drastically improved it cant touch GTA4 and Mass Effect in my eyes. This is the best year of games ever man its so crazy, it is seriously the best year I have ever seen and I think GOTY may be like a 5 way tie this year LOL.

Heh ya, I forgot Crysis could be up there too.

Not to mention theres bound to be some announcements at E3, and there's always the potential for sleepers to come out and surprise and be GOTY contenders. Like an Assassin's Creed or DMC4.

It's pretty nuts what is going on this year.

Clan_Crushbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Clan_Crushbone
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts
Definately looks very impressive. One of my most(and im sure many others) anticipated games this year. Id have to agree though with what a few other posters have said about the enviroments, definately arent looking as good as the character models, atleast from the screens ive looked at. Regardless, this game should be amazing even with some bland enviroments, not going to let that stop me from purchasing the game. Lets just hope the release is sooner than later.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Duke_Lives"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]This will likley end up being a strong strong GOTY contender. Bioware dosent do bad games...ever and a next gen offering from them is only going to further cement their immortality in my mind.GodModeEnabled

Both of you guys have got it wrong. For all that is sacred and holy! How could you guys overlook a game like Tenchu Z? Sure, Mass Effect has some(and I use that word loosely) graphic appeal but...come...on!

It's moments like these that make me ashamed I know you all. *walks away in disgust*

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

The character models are zomg incerdible but do you see that space-chair the lady alien is sitting in in one of the bar screens. It's wedged between two types of surface, making it look like its not quite making contact with the floor, breaking the illusion.

Too bad Bioware, now i'm not playing this game:/

toment

hahahahha, yeah me neither, wanna start a boycott.