Looking for strategy games and sandbox games.

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 frozenforest
Member since 2018 • 18 Posts

Hi. First of all, English is my second language, so... have some mercy on my grammar and vocab.

So, there is 2 parts here, they are separate, I am not looking for a strategy sandbox game(if you have a game with these 2 characteristics together, ofcourse it's welcomed.) but strategy games and sandbox games.

1)strategy games: I know I must have confused the type I wanted with the word 'strategy' so let me give a few examples: openTTD, Rise Of Industry, Blue Print Tycoon, Factorio... They are basically start with nothing, then I need to create a huge... logistic? damn I don't know the word... anyways, I believe it's something like... arranging some simple steps, and then slowly it becomes more and more complicated, something like assembly line? i guess? I hope you get the point I try to say. Actually Factorio is the ideal type of game im trying to say, but i have finished the game, so if you have some similar games, welcome to share with me.

conclusion: a game that create steps that will automize(i give up finding a real word with this meaning) the whole thing. Or just create step. Or just... arggg ANY GAME WILL DO! I WILL PLAY IT ALL AND FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF!!! Somehow i find that the speed of me playing the game is alittle bit faster than people create games(of course i didnt mean all games, but the games with the tag I like) so after these few years, I started to ran out of game to play... ohh one last thing, my computer is old, it cannot handle good graphic games, not to mention 3d games. Pixel games is my favorite, like openTTD, factorio... yeah... so...thanks for the sharing.

Szuwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Szuwei
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

Try this one:

http://swtgames.ddns.net/GoddessRealm

Give me some opinion if you well.

Thanks!

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By frozenforest

@szuwei: Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but I personally don't like this type of game... sorry. It's not that it is bad, just that I prefer something more... 'brain storming' stuff, no offense. Thank you again.

Youvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Youvideo
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

@frozenforestRoblox:

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By frozenforest

@youvideo: Thanks, but i have tried Roblox already. Anymore game about design or create things?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9405 Posts

Rimworld or Dwarf Fortress

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frozenforest

@pyro1245: Wow Dwarf Fortress look interesting! I am downloading it right now, thank you so much!

I've tried Rimworld already, quite a good game too!

If there are some more games you recommend, just keep letting me know! I saw some video of Dwarf Fortress on youtube, and I think I will play it for like, 1 week? then I will get bored.... sorry, I am a... how to say, easily-get-bored kind of people.

smalljenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By smalljenny
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

Now I'm playing Anomaly 2! And it is awesome! You shuld try! It is ine of top 5 offline strategy games for android https://gamebestnews.com/reviews/strategy/top-5-offline-strategy-games-for-android/

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 frozenforest

@smalljenny: Thanks, it looks fun! I think it's a TD game(tower defense), only this time im the invader. But unfortunately my computer just cant handle the graphic TT

Thank you anyway~

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ruthaford_jive
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts

Try Mount and Blade. It's medieval sandbox/conquest game. It's good shit. Little janky and older, but addicting and fun.

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frozenforest

@ruthaford_jive: Sorry for the late reply, I have checked the game Mount and Blade, and I found many versions of it, I think it's like sequel thing? Unfortunately the problem is my computer can't handle 3D game properly... I think it's because the graphic card is too low or something, but no matter what the reason is, realistic 3D game just cant work on my computer..... still, thank you for your sharing.

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By frozenforest

ermm..... im new to here, and i realize that the post#10,13 and 14 is missing. My notification says someone tag me but I cant find it, then only I realize it. Is this bug? Is there anyway to solve this?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58348 Posts

@frozenforest said:

Hi. First of all, English is my second language, so... have some mercy on my grammar and vocab.

So, there is 2 parts here, they are separate, I am not looking for a strategy sandbox game(if you have a game with these 2 characteristics together, ofcourse it's welcomed.) but strategy games and sandbox games.

1)strategy games: I know I must have confused the type I wanted with the word 'strategy' so let me give a few examples: openTTD, Rise Of Industry, Blue Print Tycoon, Factorio... They are basically start with nothing, then I need to create a huge... logistic? damn I don't know the word... anyways, I believe it's something like... arranging some simple steps, and then slowly it becomes more and more complicated, something like assembly line? i guess? I hope you get the point I try to say. Actually Factorio is the ideal type of game im trying to say, but i have finished the game, so if you have some similar games, welcome to share with me.

conclusion: a game that create steps that will automize(i give up finding a real word with this meaning) the whole thing. Or just create step. Or just... arggg ANY GAME WILL DO! I WILL PLAY IT ALL AND FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF!!! Somehow i find that the speed of me playing the game is alittle bit faster than people create games(of course i didnt mean all games, but the games with the tag I like) so after these few years, I started to ran out of game to play... ohh one last thing, my computer is old, it cannot handle good graphic games, not to mention 3d games. Pixel games is my favorite, like openTTD, factorio... yeah... so...thanks for the sharing.

We call those micromanagement games, maybe economic sims? But yeah, they're really fun. You might want to look into city builders.

As far as games I recommend the following:

Stellaris, a 4X empire management game. Start with one planet and some ships, can blossom into this multi-star system empire that takes over the world as a hive-minded bug alien, or a sentient robot, or a peace victory...whatever you want.

Anno 2070: futuristic city builder/economy sim. You put down buildings and establish production (logistics!) routes with them, i.e. I need to make hamburgers for my people, so I need some wheat farms to make flour to make buns (all requiring their own buildings), then I need a cow ranch to produce beef...then finally a burger factory. It's much like Factorio in the sense there is a specific ratio to every end product, so you need to plan out. It's also a beautiful, fun game with quirky sense of humor. You can play as eco hippies or dirty capitalists, too; so save the environment but be pretentious, or pollute but keep your people happy haha

Cities: Skylines: this is a straight up city builder, but you're constantly juggling the correct ratio of residential, commercial, and industrial needs of your people. There are many other factors to consider as well as you make your town more appealing to techies, or institute programs to make your people less educated so you can build farms.

I too really like Rise of Industry, Factorio, and the like and the games above really scratch that same itch.

Fannste94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fannste94
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Age of Empires, Praetorians, Rome Total War, Total War Arena, Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne, Age of Mythology, Command & Conquer

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By frozenforest

@mrbojangles25: Yes yeS YES! Exactly what I was trying to say! Thank you so much! I always thought that although I love games but I am not going to be a 'game geek', you get me? So I didn't really pay attention into the name of the type of the game I love or some other details, then only realized that this is so inconvenience when I am trying to describe the game I want. Well, go to hell, KARMA.

So, about the games, I think the graphic of Stellaris is too overload for my computer. Wait... overload? overwhelming?

Anno 2070 and Cities: Skylines look like they worth a try! Just hope that my computer is able to handle them.

Thank you again.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25

@frozenforest: what are your PC specs?

you can play Stellaris, for the most part, from a zoomed out tactical map. You don't really need to have all those ships rendered to watch the battle. Not all the time at least.

Anno 2070 is a few years old at this point, I think just about any PC made in the past seven or more years can run it.

Cities Skylines seems to be optimized well, too.

Hope you find one you can play and enjoy :D

nightshade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nightshade85
Member since 2004 • 5654 Posts

Try Libert or Death for the SNES - now hear me out. Libert or Death allows you to command either the english or the British during the Revoluntiary war.

But inbetween battles you can parade. It is made by Loei which made very similar games like Nobunagas revnege or Genghis khan: Clan of the Gray Wolf.

I would recommend Liberty or Death - it's weird what they named everything back then - Philadephia is called the white planes -its not boston; it's new boston

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozenforest

@mrbojangles25: I am not familiar with computer spec, I can only divide the games as will lag or will not lag....

I think I will have to give up on Stellaris. according to my experience, my computer stands no chance against this kind of graphic, I am sorry, and thank you.

When I was going to download Anno2070, I saw the commend in steam, all of them give bad review, saying that the UPlay will control the time when you can play or not. Are you familiar with this issue?

I just download Cities Skylines, although I have adjusted the graphic to the lowest, it will still spike once in a while. I will try plying it though.

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frozenforest

@nightshade85: Thank you for the sharing. Right now I am trying Cities Skylines, which introduced by #17 mrbojangles25. I will try Liberty or Death later. It does look like Risk, is it Risk??

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 frozenforest

@fannste94: I played Age of Empires before while I was young, it was fun! Praetorians, Rome Total War, Total War Arena, Age of Mythology look exactly like Age of Empires... I think I will not try them... but I really appreciate them. The graphic of Command & Conquer is too beautiful for my computer and I don't think my computer can handle it...

I am a DotA2 player, so Warcraft is like, the longest game I've ever played.

Thanks again for the sharing.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Strategy:

I here Production Line is rather compelling:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/591370/Production_Line__Car_factory_simulation/

Transport Fever is also rather good

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrbojangles25

@frozenforest said:

@mrbojangles25: I am not familiar with computer spec, I can only divide the games as will lag or will not lag....

I think I will have to give up on Stellaris. according to my experience, my computer stands no chance against this kind of graphic, I am sorry, and thank you.

When I was going to download Anno2070, I saw the commend in steam, all of them give bad review, saying that the UPlay will control the time when you can play or not. Are you familiar with this issue?

I just download Cities Skylines, although I have adjusted the graphic to the lowest, it will still spike once in a while. I will try plying it though.

Don't worry about Ubisoft's UPlay, it's not bad at all. It takes maybe 10-20 seconds to launch a game because you have to log in (but, they do allow you to be offline).

And be sure not to get Anno 2205...2070 is the good one.

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 frozenforest

@tryit: I have tried Production Line, it's a good game, but I have finished it already.

The graphic of Transport Fever is way too good... My computer cannot handle it.

thanks for the sharring

frozenforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frozenforest

@mrbojangles25: Okok, I will give it a try~

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

I think what you mean is the simulation genre, which has been on life support for some time. The Roller Coaster Tycoon series is an example of this type of game.

Atos44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Atos44
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

Well, when it comes to strategy, poles are about to release a 4X strategy, turn system, so I think it's worth looking into.
https://www.facebook.com/MORE4X/