Looking for more GTA-style games for PSP/PS2/XBOX/360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ianpwilliams
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

Does anyone know if there are any GTA-style games for the PSP (released or on the way) other than GTA LCS and GTA VCS?

And does anyone know of any other GTA-style games for the PS2 or XBox (released or on the way) apart from these :

GTA 3, VC, SA, LCS, VCS

The Getaway 1 & 2

True Crime LA and NYC

Mafia

The Godfather

I've got an XBox 360 and I'm already planning on getting Saints Row. Basically I love GTA-style games and want more!

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

If you like the Simpsons at all, there's Simpsons Hit and Run. Don't be fooled by the fact that it's a licensed game, it's actually very, very good. It got an 8.3 at Gamespot.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
bully is similar to GTA but in a kids style
Robnyc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Robnyc22
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts

Mafia is definitely the best GTA-like game out there, in fact, many people (including myself) think it surpasses any of the GTA games due to its depth and great story.....here's the catch, the only version worth getting is the PC version, and you said you're looking for PS2/Xbox/360 games.

You're other best bet is Bully for PS2, which is also by Rockstar.....I'm actually playing through it right now, and I really think its an underrated gem and I'm surprised more people haven't talked about it. It's really a great game with lots of humor, In fact, I'm finding Bully to be as much fun as GTA3 and Vice City, and definitely more fun then San Andreas. I would definitely give Bully a try, and here's hoping they make a sequel.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Mafia is definitely the best GTA-like game out there, in fact, many people (including myself) think it surpasses any of the GTA games due to its depth and great story.....here's the catch, the only version worth getting is the PC version, and you said you're looking for PS2/Xbox/360 games.

You're other best bet is Bully for PS2, which is also by Rockstar.....I'm actually playing through it right now, and I really think its an underrated gem and I'm surprised more people haven't talked about it. It's really a great game with lots of humor, In fact, I'm finding Bully to be as much fun as GTA3 and Vice City, and definitely more fun then San Andreas. I would definitely give Bully a try, and here's hoping they make a sequel.

Robnyc22

Yeah I was gonna pick that game up at launch, but stupid Rockstar decided to make it exclusive to the PS2, and my PS2 stopped working like 4 years ago.

fathoms_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fathoms_basic
Member since 2002 • 22116 Posts

I would suggest you check out Scarface: The World Is Yours. It's a surprisingly solid game, and if you like the Scarface/'80s theme, all the better. It's set up almost exactly like a GTA game, and IMO, it's even better than some of those other GTA-style games you've already played.  Definitely better than The Godfather, for one.

ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ianpwilliams

Oh yeah I I've got Simpsons, bit of a Simpsons obsessive so had to get that one ;) I know that Mafia is far better on the PC and I'll probably get it eventually (although I've got loads of PC games I never get round to playing), although I'm still gonna go for the PS2/XBox version too. Scarface looks good, might have to get that, maybe for the PSP as well even though opinions vary a bit on that one :P Cheers guys :)
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts
Crackdown is awesome, I've heard.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
a gta styled game for the psp other than gta, would be Driver 76
ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ianpwilliams
Yeah played the demo of crackdown from xbox live, got to get that one.  The reviews don't look too good for Driver 97, is it any good do you think?
dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#11 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts
Um yeah Bully's a good one, made by Rocksta, just not as violent (not saying theres no violence) but is really fun.