Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

Last time.i played Metroidvania game,was on Play Station 1. Back in the 90is. It was Castlevania Simphony of the Night and Metroid game. So i completely forgot about genre, untill recently. Corona thing made me stay home and play more then usual so i gave a try to Ori and Will of The Wisps. I had. A blast, and actually it reminded me on both CSOTN and Metroid, so my fellow comrades through dark ages of Isolation, i need a suggestion. It would be really cool if there is a game for Xbox One in Metroidvania style, newer. But also wouldnt mind XBox 360 game for Xbox one. Bless you all, have patience and i wish you good health.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@Assimilat0r: Owlboy, Guacamelee, and Hollow Knight are solid MetroidVania games to consider.

BloodStained: Ritual of the Night is also really good.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I would definitely recommend Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It’s by the same guy behind Symphony of the Night and feels very much the same.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Definitely check out Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
deactivated-5f56fcab5da82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
Member since 2019 • 118 Posts

Shantae is a fun. Check out her games

joranl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By joranl
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

• Salt and Sanctuary.
  • Hollow Knight Team Cherry 2,007.
  • Iconoclasts.
  • Cave Story.
  • Yoku's Island Express.

Prepaid Card Status

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@Assimilat0r:

Here's a few free ones to try. They are PC though, but don't worry they can run on a toaster.

eternal daughter, an amazing metroidvania type game that should it had been released during the age of SNES, we would have a classic in our hands today.

treasure adventure game, a metroidvania game that has a very interesting plot and plenty of exploration.

treasure hunter man is a metroidvania type series and fairly well made

cave story is a no brainer and you should defo check it out. But I think it leans more on action platformer.

Another metroid 2 remake Top of the line fan game aiming at remaking the classic gameboy game with improved graphics and sound. NOTE: Since Nintendo has demanded the removal of any downloads you wont be able to find it in its official blog. You need to search it yourself. Be warned of fake downloads!

Hydra castle labyrinth A japanese metroidvania style action game with cutsie art style.

Ainevoltas 2 Another medroidvania with RPG elements. Fairly simple, but still fun.

Alex's adventure If you wished there were more metroidvania games out there, then I guess its your lucky day. Alex's adventure is a fun and challenging metroidvania platorm game.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

If you're open to 3D, Supraland is the game you want.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#9 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts
@PETERAKO said:

@Assimilat0r:

cave story is a no brainer and you should defo check it out. But I think it leans more on action platformer.

Grabbed the enhanced edition on Switch and plan on giving it a good go after my previous experience was with the freeware version online, and dropped it pretty quickly. Didn't run well on my set-up and application window frequently force-closed.

I always interpreted Cave Story as a mix between Metroid and Spelunker.