Lets spred some good LOVE...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

For our old friend the XBOX...Its under rated in my opinion. Give your games of choice and reason you love the system so much. For me I love my still working launch Xbox because it has a built in hdd,internet,great controller "even the duke",Halo,Ghost Recon,Return to Castle Wolfenstein,Brute Force,SSX Tricky

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VanDammFan

Am I the only one thats loves this old beast?? Come on people....lets hear your stories about launch day...about your games...about the 1st time you seen the start up screen....1st times you popped in Halo...I remember being 1st in line and looking back at about 100 other people thinking..."oh yea, im good"..:)

Juxhe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Juxhe1
Member since 2006 • 1021 Posts
This means only one thing.................................the "dear" old XBox was pretty much lame compared to the PS2. >_>
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VanDammFan

This means only one thing.................................the "dear" old XBox was pretty much lame compared to the PS2. >_>Juxhe1

Thats an opinion. AND this thread isnt about "whos better"..Its about remembering what the Xbox brought to gaming. It brought plenty and was a great "classic" console and killed with online LIVE in its short lifespan. Sure the PS2 was "is" great. I still have my day one launch PS2. Great machine. BUT...the Xbox was cut off too soon. It didnt get the respect it deserved.

This thread is just about that..gaming..the love you felt towards the Xbox and its games. Lets keep it clean and to the point please..:)

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I had like 3 games for the old xbox lol.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VanDammFan

I had like 3 games for the old xbox lol.Allicrombie

Thats just plain sad bro. Xbox had some of the best games out. Even if they were multi system games the Xbox version was better. Take Splinter Cell for example.

You had Fable,KOTOR,Ninja Gaiden,Halo,Halo2,SSX Tricky,Black,Ghost Recon,Return to Castle Wolfenstein,Brute Force,Forza,ect,ect...ANyone who missed out on the Xbox should go back and find one. And for those who didnt like it....I just dont know about you..:(

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
If you don't have a PC then the xbox was a great console if you do have a PC then the Xbox was a good console, but not the best of it's time still, Jet Set Radio and Shenmue 2 were pretty awesome
Juxhe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juxhe1

[QUOTE="Juxhe1"]This means only one thing.................................the "dear" old XBox was pretty much lame compared to the PS2. >_>VanDammFan

Thats an opinion. AND this thread isnt about "whos better"..Its about remembering what the Xbox brought to gaming. It brought plenty and was a great "classic" console and killed with online LIVE in its short lifespan. Sure the PS2 was "is" great. I still have my day one launch PS2. Great machine. BUT...the Xbox was cut off too soon. It didnt get the respect it deserved.

This thread is just about that..gaming..the love you felt towards the Xbox and its games. Lets keep it clean and to the point please..:)

Well since you are really asking for it, I'll break it down a little bit for you: 1. First of all the games lineup for the XBox is really poor and as a gamer that is a really important aspect while praising a console. 2. There were some really good titles for the XBox like : Ninja Gaiden and lets say Forza Motorsport. But still few to be compared with the competition. 3. Really really scarce amount of rpg games which made it not so appealing for old school gamers and rpg players (Which I assure you that are a lot out there) 4. Awful hardware look . Big black box with an X on it and a huge controller which was ok for only 1/2. 5. One of the good things with the XBox was that you could play your own music while driftin in Burnout 2 :D So hoping to be clear thats the XBox in my opinion.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

[QUOTE="Juxhe1"]This means only one thing.................................the "dear" old XBox was pretty much lame compared to the PS2. >_>Juxhe1

Well since you are really asking for it, I'll break it down a little bit for you: 1. First of all the games lineup for the XBox is really poor and as a gamer that is a really important aspect while praising a console. 2. There were some really good titles for the XBox like : Ninja Gaiden and lets say Forza Motorsport. But still few to be compared with the competition. 3. Really really scarce amount of rpg games which made it not so appealing for old school gamers and rpg players (Which I assure you that are a lot out there) 4. Awful hardware look . Big black box with an X on it and a huge controller which was ok for only 1/2. 5. One of the good things with the XBox was that you could play your own music while driftin in Burnout 2 :D So hoping to be clear thats the XBox in my opinion.

I think it really depends on whether or not you have a PC, the xbox was good console, but most of it's games were on the PC

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VanDammFan

I think it really depends on whether or not you have a PC, the xbox was good console, but most of it's games were on the PC

ohthemanatee

So whats the difference in that and how the 360 is this gen? Still the 360 is a great console that although has its share of problems, will go down in history as a great console.

XBOX was a great introduction in to the console business for MS. Still is a great console and will always be. IT didnt have the extensive library the PS2 had, but also keep in mind if the PS2 had 1000 games at least 900 of them were awful and mostly whats called shovelware...So remember, every console has its goods and bads.

As far as the look goes...I like the "big box" "built like a tank" XBOX. Feels beefy..like you are not going to break it by touching it. jmho

Juxhe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Juxhe1

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

VanDammFan

So whats the difference in that and how the 360 is this gen? Still the 360 is a great console that although has its share of problems, will go down in history as a great console.

XBOX was a great introduction in to the console business for MS. Still is a great console and will always be. IT didnt have the extensive library the PS2 had, but also keep in mind if the PS2 had 1000 games at least 900 of them were awful and mostly whats called shovelware...So remember, every console has its goods and bads.

As far as the look goes...I like the "big box" "built like a tank" XBOX. Feels beefy..like you are not going to break it by touching it. jmho

Come on have you ever played the 900 crappy PS2 games ? And are you implying that all the XBox titles are worthy ? Well lucky you like the looks of it, in the end to each his own.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

VanDammFan

I do think that the Xbox was a good console, but the 360 is bit a better mostly because at least Microsoft isn't porting all of it's games to the PC, meaning there's actually a reason to own one

the xbox 1 had some awesome exclusives like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Otogi 1 and 2 and for the most part it had the best version of most console multiplats.

But games like Halo, Halo 2 and Fable are on the PC...in fact they are BETTER on the PC, and these three games are it's killer apps, it kinda diminuishes the system

the 360 also suffers from this, but not nearly as much, Fable 2 is an exclusive (thoug 3 isn't) all halo games are exclusives, Gears 2 is an exclusive, and many more

though lately the 360 has been slowing down

With that said, the original xbox is a great console, comparable to the gamecube (probably better imo) but it just had too much competition from the overrated sony console known as the PS2

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VanDammFan

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

Juxhe1

Come on have you ever played the 900 crappy PS2 games ? And are you implying that all the XBox titles are worthy ? Well lucky you like the looks of it, in the end to each his own.

You are taking what I said about the 900 games a little too literal dude. It was just a way of saying...the PS2 has a LOT of titles, but most "im sure" are not worth mentioning....THE XBOX had its share of crap as do all platforms. Im sure you have something nice to say about the Xbox so please do so. Thats kind of what this thread is about.

Juxhe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Juxhe1
No worries I don't hate the dear old XBox. I still have mine running and playing some Burnout 2 :D Hmmmmm as for the good things about the XBox, well I could play music while playing certain games, also graphics were really better than any other console of the generation and it also had Live .
kingdavid562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 kingdavid562
Member since 2010 • 1173 Posts
i like my xbox :).. the best thing about it is the controller... it's amazing! i always get multi platform games on the xbox..
sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#18 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

If you don't have a PC then the xbox was a great console if you do have a PC then the Xbox was a good console, but not the best of it's time still, Jet Set Radio and Shenmue 2 were pretty awesomeohthemanatee
Am I missing something? Jet Grind Radio and Shenmue 2 are DC titles.

Juxhe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juxhe1

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]If you don't have a PC then the xbox was a great console if you do have a PC then the Xbox was a good console, but not the best of it's time still, Jet Set Radio and Shenmue 2 were pretty awesomesayyy-gaa

You are right about Jet Grind Radio but Shenmue 2 was released on XBox too.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]If you don't have a PC then the xbox was a great console if you do have a PC then the Xbox was a good console, but not the best of it's time still, Jet Set Radio and Shenmue 2 were pretty awesomesayyy-gaa

Jet set radio future is the prequel to the dreamcast's Jet grind radio

and yeah, I forgot that Shenmue 2 was launched in the EU, though the Xbox version is largely superior

Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#21 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts

I whole heartedly agree with the TC. I will forever cherish the memories I had with my xbox. After all, it was my first console. IMO it is superior, game wise, to 360 because it had some really cool Japanese games like Gunvalkyrie and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

AjarnLenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 AjarnLenny
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

I still play my Xbox and in fact it's my latest console. I love many games for that console, for example Fable, Halo and the Knights Of The Republic games. Also Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the first game) is awesome. D&D Heroes too. I think the Xbox version of Thief - Deadly shadows is a masterpiece in gaming.

Other than that; Ninja Gaiden, Panzerdragoon Orta. Games that didn't port well IMO include: Medal Of Honour: Rising Sun and Age of Empires II.

In my humble opinion, the Xbox still is an awesome console and I still play it a lot. Also, although there are less "hidden treasures" available for the system than for the Ps2, I STILL find cool games that I haven't played yet.

And hehe, I don't have a gaming PC.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I definetly loved my XBox. It was the first system I bought of the last-generation systems (well technically I did have Dreamcast before that). The hard-drive & superior hardware was the selling point for me. Morrowind was a big part in that decision, as well. I had seen nothing else so huge and open-ended before it and I just had to have it. And Halo: Combat Evolved was pretty fun, but not as a big of a deal as Morrowind was for me.

And for all the haters out there: Awesome XBox games not on PS2 (although I love my PS2 and it's exclusives as well):

• Brute Force
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes
  • Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Fable
  • Far Cry Instincts
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Halo 2
  • Jade Empire
  • Mech Assault 1 & 2
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
  • Panzer Dragoon: Orta
  • Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2
  • Shenmue II
  • Showdown: Legends of Wrestling
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
  • Stubbs: The Zombie
  • WWF Raw
  • WWE Raw 2
AjarnLenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24 AjarnLenny
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

Oh, I forgot about JAde Empire. Awesome game.

Sudeki is kind of strange but a cool RPG as well. I think it's exclusive to the XBox. I haven't seen it on PC.