Legacy box art comparisosn American vs. Japan

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

I think the first US starfox cover is the more focused one, for starters, fox is weilding melee weapon in a dungeon, fighting off enemies, to me, that says more about the game being an action adventure

as for ALLTP, like I said, I get the minimalist look, Ultima 7 did the same thing, though in Ultima 7, it's box was completly black, i just feel like a different colour scheme would have helped ALLTP, I feel that the light brown clashes with the black (as they often do), seeing as how every SNES game has that black cover they should have used one of black's complementary color

Heirren

Did you pull that out your a$$?:) Really, that gives the impression that you have no clue what you're talking about.

let me guess, I insulted your favourite cover?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

I think the first US starfox cover is the more focused one, for starters, fox is weilding melee weapon in a dungeon, fighting off enemies, to me, that says more about the game being an action adventure

as for ALLTP, like I said, I get the minimalist look, Ultima 7 did the same thing, though in Ultima 7, it's box was completly black, i just feel like a different colour scheme would have helped ALLTP, I feel that the light brown clashes with the black (as they often do), seeing as how every SNES game has that black cover they should have used one of black's complementary color

rilpas

Did you pull that out your a$$?:) Really, that gives the impression that you have no clue what you're talking about.

No, what you said did not make sense.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Show more examples, because I even disagree in the case of Starfox Adventures.

Heirren

mindjack is pretty much the same in both the western and Japanese version, the same goes to mass effect and to a lesser degree megaman battle network

as for the spyro ones they look at the very least, strange

and you actually think the Japapnese cover for starfox adventures looks good? o.O

EDIT: strangely enough you think ALTTP looks good? I get the minimalist look, but it's far from being a "good" cover imo

The Starfox one is better composed and more telling of the Starfox brand while still eluding to the major influences of the franchise. A far better use of color, as well. The US one is very unfocused.

A Link to the Past is one of the most epic covers in games, or popular media for that matter. It looks and feels like the game. It is bold and mysterious, thus giving the player a sense of query and adventure before they even start the game. With a cover as good as that, the game literally could have started in the house, skipping the title screen. It is very reminiscent of a great book cover, especially considering LTTP is fairytale in game form.

What?! How is the jp Starfox telling about the Starfox brand? Both covers basically indicate that this is now what Starfox brand was (Flying ships). Also how is *** SA cover more focused? THe US one actually shows the GAME and give you an Idea of what you are playing. LTTP the best cover ever because it bold and mysterious with a Sword against a Shield? That's odd logic since LTTP is not the only one who does that so I guess it's not the best cover of all time hmmm. I mean opinions are opinion but it seems like your pulling stuff from thin air.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Heirren

No, what you said did not make sense.

that the background color they chose clashes with the border?

how does that not make sense?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Yeah, but what is up with some of the euro box art?

dsds

dsds

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
The japanese mass effect boxart looks awesome!
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts

Yeah, but what is up with some of the euro box art?

dsds

dsds

Heirren

At least they got Ninja Gaiden II somewhere on the 2nd box.

Also, Mattel and there habit of blocking most of the box art.

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Really diggin the Japanese box art for Mindjack and Mass Effect. Especially Mass Effect.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

America for all but Majora's Mask (that one is no contest, Japanese).

Japanese Box art is often either too complicated or mostly text, or just doesn't look nice.

wackoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 wackoss
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts
perfect dark - japanese version looks better but I'm not sure if it's good as game box art. Photographs should never be used as game covers. crash 1 - japanese. It's more active. Crash in the us version doesn't even look like he's busting through the cover, he's just stepping over it (horrible). The other crash stuff goes to the US. crash 3 - neither. both are horrible. mass effect - us. both seem very familiar (the us one - independence day movie? the japanese one looks like an old star wars cover) mindjack - us. Japanese version is horrible.