Know any games that fit my clearly detailed preferences?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cosmicWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cosmicWalker
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
List the correlating numbers to the game that apply, in your suggestion, please. This list is organized by priority. 1. Must be fictitious. (No thrillers, shoot 'em ups, sports, racing, etc.) -- 2. Must be turn-based. -- 3.0. Plot should be fast-paced. 3.1. If plot progress requires status improvement, status improvement difficulty should be on the edge between challenging and easy. 3.2. I can handle long text; I've played Phoenix Wright games. But I could do without it. At best, there's a huge history that I can find and read in a library or something like that. -- 4.0. Consistent, repetitive mechanics (don't introduce me to a racing mini-game that can help me get rare items, please.) 4.1. If I attempt to do something that requires more than the progress I have made to that point, the game should tell me exactly why I can't do it so that I don't go looking for the wrong item for five hours. -- 5. Diverse locations (Paper Mario 64 is a great example of this.) -- 6.0. Aesthetics (2D preferred for PC games, saturated colors are always important to me, soundtrack shouldn't be annoying) -- 7.0. Gives me the option to save my status frequently 7.1. If the game engages me quickly enough, removing the option to save will not be a problem. -- 8. Lots of optional content and customization (Think Pokemon, but if it were more D&D-styled) -- 9. Optional character interaction is always fun to play with, but totally unnecessary for a great game. -- 10. Character development is not very important to me, but still fairly engaging.
valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

That's a lot of criterias, closest thing I can think of is Valkyria Chronicles.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Try getting your hands on a copy of Final Fantasy VI Advance. Should fit most, or all the criteria.  Or Dragon Quest IX on the DS. Fits most of that criteria.

maven1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 maven1979
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Wizardry 8

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Jesus haha

cosmicWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cosmicWalker
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
>New to these forums >Expected to be notified if I receive responses I think I'll take a look at Final Fantasy VI and Dragon Quest IX.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

>New to these forums >Expected to be notified if I receive responses I think I'll take a look at Final Fantasy VI and Dragon Quest IX.cosmicWalker

FFVI's story is awesome and Dragon Quest IX will provide hours and horus of content and customization. Although it is a pretty grind heavy game in the post game, but if you don't mind that you can get hundreds of hours out of it. I have 170 right now and I'm not finished yet.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
Temple of Elemental Evil matches most of your criteria