It Started with FF3...Welcome FF4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

Remake of FF4 it looks like on the DS using the FF3 engine

This is definitly good news since it means Squeenix should be making a Remake of V and VI^^

Article Translation 

FF4 becoming full 3D, it came to the point of [riniyuaru] being done! As for type [nintendo] DS. FF4 development position of the staff and that time when you take charge of DS edition FF3 participates in development, when it re-constructs world from the basic and decides also the addition of new episode is! FF1, the reason, just PSP there was no [rimeiku] which starts from 2, it is with the shank

mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts
Any time table yet?  And will it be released outside of Japan?
ShadowFFVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 ShadowFFVI
Member since 2004 • 378 Posts
Man I'm really not sure if I want to see FFVI remade, I guess it would be cool, but I like it the way it was. I would almost prefer a sprite based sequel rather then a 3d remake.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Though FFIV's port left a lot to be desired (it was a port of the WS Color version, which had many bugs in the battle system), I have to wonder why they're doing this game when they could be making an all-new game using that engine.
Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts
They just released a GBA version and they're already announcing a DS version?  Also I agree with the sentiment of rather seeing a nice 2d remake instead of seeing another game with FFIII (DS) visuals.  I rather like the graphics of the original and would hate to see Cecil & co. turned into unrecognizable polygonal blobs.  Ahh hell, who am I kidding, as long as Tellah still shouts, "You spoony bard!" I'm sold.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#6 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
FF4 actually had a story and good characters, I'd like to see an FF3-esque remake of that game for the DS or something. That would actually be worth it, rather than the 80th rererelease of Final Fantasy 1-6 without any changes.
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

I hate automated translations which don't make sense. Anyway I feel a bit stupid having bought the GBA version and i'll think hard before I buy FFV and VI for the GBA.

Like others said... I wish they'd use the engine to build a new game.

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

I'm pleasantly surprised. I'd never played FFIII since it never came to the west, so the DS version was a godsend for me. I have also never played IV, so this gives me a very good incentive to catch up.

Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
This would be cool, I really enjoyed III's visuals, it would be a treat to play more FFs on the DS.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
we already have 4 on the gba, lets se some FFVII-IX now! or chrono trigger! :D
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hammer_of_thor_

we already have 4 on the gba, lets se some FFVII-IX now! or chrono trigger! :DKook18

I'm with you on Chrono Trigger haha. Might as well, have the other SNES Final Fantasies, maybe some Super Mario RPG too, hohoho. 

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
so what was the deal with making ff4 for the GBA? if they do that why not remake all of them in 3d form?
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Ah, shucks! If this is true and that Square is going to remake all the pre-FFVII games on the DS, than I guess I have to buy these versions all over again!

I wonder how much more milking that Square-Enix cow has left in its tank...well, I'm not complaining since their milk is the best-quality product on the market, and my DS is still a growing boy...a Phat-boy! :lol: 

Anyway, this is good news to me...if it's true. More RPGs on my DS means more handheld goodness! And damn, a remake of FFVI with FFIII's engine means that my hunger for more RPGs will finally be satiated with contentment...at least until DQIX comes out! :D

hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hammer_of_thor_

so what was the deal with making ff4 for the GBA? if they do that why not remake all of them in 3d form?Devouring_One

Well making them for the GBA took minor modifications from the already ported versions on the PSX. 

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts
I was planning on eventually buying Final Fantasy IV Advance.  I'm glad I haven't already done so!
AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 AquaMantor
Member since 2004 • 7571 Posts
Well, this is probably the most shameless milkage I've ever seen, especially since they JUST remade it for GBA.
JGonspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JGonspy
Member since 2003 • 581 Posts

Wonderful, a new version of a game that's been released how many times now?  I think 4, but I could be off.  Anyway, I got the GBA version (missed it the other two times it came out) so I don't need to get it again.  I'll consider getting V and will probably get VI since it's one of my favourite RPGs ever and it might be fun to play it again after all these years.  Assuming those get remade as well of course, but since this is S-E we're talking about, I think it's a safe bet.

I would complain the DS wasn't getting any new FFs, but it is getting two fairly soon...and it's even getting an original franchise.  I suppose there isn't much to complain about aside from the ratio, but I think remakes she be the ones on the low end, not new IPs.

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
cool, a scan of FF4
Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

Thanks for the pics

I believe this is good news for people expecting an FFV and VI remakes. I will definitly be buying VI even though I own it already lol 

oldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 oldogg
Member since 2003 • 823 Posts
i was not that impressed with the ff3 remake so... blah
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

i was not that impressed with the ff3 remake so... blaholdogg

Yeah, but that was because it was a remake of a old, old, old school of a ancient FF game that came out before most of us on this forum was even born.

By the time FFIV came out for the SNES, it was really refined and tweaked to the way we play FF today. A actual story that we care about, a lot of drama (although melodrama), great villains, tragedy, and even a love story (that's not cheeseball but actually quite good.) And the main character is one of the better ones I've seen in all the RPGs I've played. 

Have you even played FFIV before? I'm guessing you didn't because those who played it loves the game and welcomes this remake with open arms. It's a great new way to bring the past legacy of FF to new generation, post-FFVII/FFX players. And since almost everybody owns a DS, these are best-sellers in the making.

Also keep in mind that Square is probably thinking more of the Japanese gamers in mind since there are so many younger generation kids who never played the old FF's before. So I think Square is doing a honorable thing by giving these new generation kids a chance to play the RPGs that we grew up with. There are a lot of new generation gamers today who won't even give the old FF games a chance, so putting these games on the DS with a 3D makeover will break that obstacle.

I couldn't be more overjoyed to hear this news...that is until FFV and FFVI is announced for the DS as well.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#23 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts

[QUOTE="Devouring_One"]so what was the deal with making ff4 for the GBA? if they do that why not remake all of them in 3d form?hammer_of_thor_

Well making them for the GBA took minor modifications from the already ported versions on the PSX. 

its just sad that square has to remake a game that was already good. its not like ff4 needs a change anyway
Abby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Abby88
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts
Man, Square is really getting ridiculous. Is there any FF game before FF7 that hasn't been released at least three times already? And I don't see the appeal of the 3D graphics, either...to me, that would take away a lot of the charm of the game.
BuddaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BuddaX
Member since 2004 • 2583 Posts
Quit crying.  I bought the GBA version, and I'll buy the DS version.  The darn game is being remade in 3D.  It's a classic.  Be happy the company is taking time to re-envision this first cinematic final fantasy experience.
Narroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Narroo
Member since 2006 • 2165 Posts

Neat?

Topical Revivicio!