Seafury0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Seafury0000
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

So I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the E3 Live Floor Cam for this year? I can't find anything on the site about it, nothing listed in the schedule and I remember it being very short last year compared to the previous 5-6 years.

Did they just drop it all together this year or am I just looking in the wrong place? Anyone have any info?

Nintendodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nintendodan
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

Hi, I have the same question. :-/ I love live floor cam and I hope they didn't cancle it :-(

Mraou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Mraou
Member since 2013 • 1347 Posts

Yeah, where is it? It is the best thing about GameSpots E3 coverage for the past decade.

Seafury0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seafury0000
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

Well, I think Gamespot has cancelled the cam tours. A most terrible decision that will mean I won't use the GS site for E3 at all.

IGN Access is apparently hosting a live cam tour via twitters new video app Periscope. Although I had the impression they were suppose to start at 12 Pacific Time and they haven't started yet (60 mins late now) and after trying Periscopes vertical video bull crap, I don't know if I'd want to watch it like that anyway.

Twitch does seam to have a couple booth tours occurring from publishers. Ubisoft is currently hosting a booth tour with tours, questions (bascially what GS use to do) but it's only Ubisoft's booth.

Periscope does have a couple individuals with a few 100 viewers walking around booths, but it's laggy, only vertical video and not that high quality. Really periscope seems to suck.

If anyone has any other suggestions for better and higher quality tour videos, please post them for us all...

Edit:

If you ceck out 'ABC7 Eyewitness News' on twitter, they are hosting a good floor tour at the moment via periscope.

Twitch (the company itself, rather than individuals) is also hosting some booth tours inbetween it's ads and interviews. Good high quality tours but with 90,000 current viewers it's hard to ask questions and it's not a continuous tour.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts

I miss it aswell, But the Kinda Funny Guys are awesome.

Killer-JK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Killer-JK
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

I'm disappointed too, I was looking forward to it.

Mraou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Mraou
Member since 2013 • 1347 Posts

The end of an era. Goodbye Colin, you were the best part about E3 for me.

superzazad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By superzazad
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

So no Floor Cam this year too....?! C'mon guys what the hell... Does anyone know some site where we can see something similar to what Gamespot used to do with their floor cam? Thanks.

ReplayKillah32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ReplayKillah32
Member since 2010 • 114 Posts

@superzazad: Yeah looks like they won't be letting the live cam in the budget anymore. Which sucks, it was the best part of the coverage. Don't know any site like it, though we'll probably have some twitch streamers in irl at E3 streaming.