Is the wii really worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 PS2_PC_FAN
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts
Ive just seen GS give Super Mario Galaxy game of the year award. Yes, I love it & I love zelda but I havent been a big fan of nintendo snice game boy colour & gba. And I think zelda & super mario galaxy are the only wii games I like so far? will there be more good games coming out? Because I wana buy a 360 for more games than wii lyk gta4, army of two, bf:bc and more... so I dont know thich console to buy?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Depends, since you said you want more games for 360 i would get a 360 then. Just get a Wii in a few years when more games come out, or get it after you save up a bit?
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
depends what you think its worth. if you think it will last a long time, then it probably is
PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS2_PC_FAN
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts
i dont know, it looks good but then when i look at other games.....I do have alot of money.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#5 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
well if your gonna get 360 then id get a wii to
skillet505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 skillet505
Member since 2006 • 3243 Posts
If you want thegraphics go for the Xbox 360 if you want the moreinteractive gofor the Wii.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Do you have a Gamecube? Zelda controls better with a gamepad, and Nintendo was nice enough to force Wii controls on you if you play the Wii version (though you cannot do widescreen with the Gamecube version).

It's likely you won't be able to find a Wii anyway, but if Mario Galaxy is worth $300 to you, go for it. If not, there isn't really anything else coming out in the near future except for Smash Bros. Mario Kart I'd wait and see, given the horrors Nintendo inflicted on the series with Double Dash.

Also, if you have an HDTV there are light years of difference in graphical quality between the Wii and 360.

bacchus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 1

#8 bacchus2
Member since 2006 • 768 Posts
I have both, and I'd say my play time is split 80/20 in the 360's favour. That said, Mario Galaxy is the best game I've played this year, and there are other Wii games I still have a strong desire to play, but just haven't got around to yet (Metroid, Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4, Zack & Wiki, Zapper games)). I can't help but feel that if I only had a Wii though, I probably would have finished those games already and been bored during sporadic good game releases. I think next year, games of at least decent quality will be a lot more frequent though.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
No More Heroes is going to make the owning of a Wii more than worth it. And the Wii already, even in such a short amount of time has a ton of quite great games. You just have to look past the popular first party stuff to actually see them.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Ive just seen GS give Super Mario Galaxy game of the year award. Yes, I love it & I love zelda but I havent been a big fan of nintendo snice game boy colour & gba. And I think zelda & super mario galaxy are the only wii games I like so far? will there be more good games coming out? Because I wana buy a 360 for more games than wii lyk gta4, army of two, bf:bc and more... so I dont know thich console to buy?PS2_PC_FAN

I'd definitely get a Xbox 360. I really like my Wii (mostly for Super Mario Galaxy), but Xbox 360 has tons of AAA games, at least one in every major genre. Mass Effect is one of the best RPG's I've ever played, for instance. And Bioshock is the game of the year, for me.

EricN113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EricN113
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
I would buy the 360 just because of all the great games coming out in 2008 like GTA 4, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and BattleField Bad Company. But the Wii is very fun and i often play it to gewt a break from the 360 so....Get em both lol
frogilicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 frogilicus
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Ive just seen GS give Super Mario Galaxy game of the year award. Yes, I love it & I love zelda but I havent been a big fan of nintendo snice game boy colour & gba. And I think zelda & super mario galaxy are the only wii games I like so far? will there be more good games coming out? Because I wana buy a 360 for more games than wii lyk gta4, army of two, bf:bc and more... so I dont know thich console to buy?PS2_PC_FAN

I say the 360 has more appeal unless your a die hard Nintendo fan. Sure we all grew up with Mario, and we all love him. But for me it's just not enough. I have both and XBL keeps the dust on my Wii. But then I didn't think Galaxy was anything great, MP3 is the only game other than Wiisports that I liked. SSBB should change that however.

ltoreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ltoreo
i wanted to get a 360, but my parents out of the blue gave me a wii, it was really random and i was sorta like "okay...can i trade this in and use the money for a 360" of course that didn't go so well, and i just bought Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and Super Mario Glaxay and i am rather happy with it, there both really good systems, if you have alot of friends who play games with ya then i think i would go with the wii, me and my 2friends played Super Mario Strikers Charged for 3 hours last night, and the one has a 360 and the other a PS3, and we stayed at my house. they are both great systems Wii is just cheaper and alitte...i unno...childish?
frogilicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 frogilicus

i wanted to get a 360, but my parents out of the blue gave me a wii, it was really random and i was sorta like "okay...can i trade this in and use the money for a 360" of course that didn't go so well, and i just bought Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and Super Mario Glaxay and i am rather happy with it, there both really good systems, if you have alot of friends who play games with ya then i think i would go with the wii, me and my 2friends played Super Mario Strikers Charged for 3 hours last night, and the one has a 360 and the other a PS3, and we stayed at my house. they are both great systems Wii is just cheaper and alitte...i unno...childish?ltoreo

Once you buy the extra Wiimotes and nunchucks I submit that the Wii isn't really that much cheaper. But your right, gather some people around Wiisports are Strikers and it will be hours before there finished. Still not enough to hold me, but it's alright.

PuR3SkiLLZ3525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 PuR3SkiLLZ3525
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts
It really depebds ob what games you want. To answer your question on games that you will like for Wii, considering you like Zelda and Mario, then Super Smash Bros Brawl is gonna be amazing (check the link in my sig) and Mario Kart Wii is coming out. Already out are stuff like Resident Evil, and No More Heroes by the guys that did Killer7 is coming out and going to be great. If you want the graphics though, I would go for a PS3 rather than a 360. But you could get a 360 and a Wii for the price, so you might as well get that.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#16 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
Mario Kart I'd wait and see, given the horrors Nintendo inflicted on the series with Double Dash.DJ_Lae
Mario Kart DS makes up for any shortcomings Double Dash had. From the looks of things, MK Wii looks more like the former.
fatherearth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fatherearth
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
No it is not worth it.
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

The Wii's probably more worth it as a secondary console to one of the others. Or if you are dying to play the latest release of the various Nintendo franchises. I've gotten far more use out of the system as party console for family get togethers and that sort of thing. There's enough broad appeal in the party games that even those who generally dislike gaming seem to get into it quite a bit.

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts
i don't think so. the 360 and ps3 are better choices. and alot easier to find right now to. you can probably walk in to your local bestbuy and pick up a sweet 360 elite and play games like halo 3, bioshock, forza 2... check out the reviews on those games. they are very good.
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts
It depends on your own preference. If you have a HDTV and want a wider array of games then I would go with the 360, but if you want Nintendo first party games and the new sensor controller then go with the Wii.