is terria worth the money?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MehNcoyete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MehNcoyete
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

its $14.99 and i wanna know if its worth it. if im paying that much i wanna play it for a while.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Depends if you like Minecraft or not

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mehncoyete said:

its $14.99 and i wanna know if its worth it. if im paying that much i wanna play it for a while.

Wait for a sale.

or if you dont like minecraft don't buy it at all, its basically just minecraft in 2d

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

terraria? i didn't like it. it's certainly possible to play for a long time, but i never felt any motivation to do so. the world is just such a blank canvas with nothing to really react to but basic survival oriented stuff. i kept making my house bigger and bigger without getting much fulfillment. maybe you'll like it if you know what you want to make going in (even then, the tools are mostly limited to medieval-themed stuff), but i wouldn't recommend the game.

123CABOOSE123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 123CABOOSE123
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts

I love terraria and the tools certainly aren't limited to medieval themed items: ranging from drills to laser rifles and much more! It offers hours and hours of endless awesome! Well worth the money but would probably wait until a sale: perhaps near Christmas! But anyway, many bosses, many weapons, many things to do! GET THE GAME

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

Like Janacuk said, wait for a sale. I got it on a steam sale for about 4 dollars (roughly converted from the euros I paid). Also, it's fun to play it with other people. Exploration goes a bit faster that way and it's nice to build and share discoveries together. I haven't really played it on my own, so I wouldn't know if that's also entertaining, but I guess that on a large map it can become boring quite quickly. I also haven't played Minecraft, but I could imagine that it's pretty similar to that game, so if you've already played that one, then playing Terraria might be a repetition of Minecraft (in which your buildings might also look less impressive because of the 2d). That said, I had a lot of fun playing the game. There's enough to discover to keep you entertained for quite a while.

123CABOOSE123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 123CABOOSE123
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts

@loafofgame: I agree, It's allot more enjoyable with a group of buddy's

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I actually like it much better than Minecraft. The places you can visit feel like they are fleshed out in a consistent way and tunneling straight down will lead you to some seriously freaky hellscapes. The darker parts of the world have some pretty good Lovecraftian vibes going on as well. It's an interesting game and I had a good bit of fun with it.

I don't think I paid full price for it either though. So if you're not sure, I dunno, wait for sales like the others have said or maybe a demo? Is there a demo? I thought they made a version of the game for the LIVE marketplace, so you'd assume it had a demo.

Maverick6585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Maverick6585
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

I have a friend who has put over 600 hours into it, but to me it just looks like a 2D, more complex Minecraft. If you like that sort of thing, though, wait for a sail. It was like 3 bucks a couple weeks ago. I'm sure it'll go on sale for Steam's holiday sale

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

No