Is Scary Games are better than Scary Movies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snakebj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Snakebj
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
well its halloween (10-31-08 ) in games like dead space in stand of watching you play it
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
If we are talking about which of these two does a better job at scaring you then videogames win. I cou;d barely finish Doom 3. Took me months cause I was terrified. Condemned is also a game that had me almost crap myself.
rickemosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 rickemosh
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
depends how well done the game is becauase if its pathetic at being scary then you just laugh at it but things like resident evil 4 (which scared me to death) are way better than films because their longer and you feel like your actually doing it and you have to make the decision to open the door to whatever waits there.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts
John Carpenter's The Thing is scarier than any game.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Games are more immersive.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gunswordfist
But that doesn't make them more scary.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Games are much scarier than moves, since you're actually a part of the horror.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gunswordfist
Games are much scarier than moves, since you're actually a part of the horror.Bloodbath_87
There will never be a game scarier than The Thing.
bigfatcrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 bigfatcrap
Member since 2006 • 1919 Posts
I think games do a better job of scaring me than movies. Fatal Frame is a good example. Instead of watching people get killed. It feels like its you that is in danger, that it's you're life on the line. When you see some scary ghost float through the door, you have to force yourself to walk through, it won't just go on without you. You can't close your eyes until it's over, otherwise you'll die. That's the advantage games have. It puts you in the situation so you're no longer an outside observer.
MarsGurl08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MarsGurl08
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think scary games are better than scary movies. Movies lack imagination lately. That's why I don't watch many scary movies anymore because they're not scary. Most of the time they are just funny, comical BS. To me, Silent hill 2 is the scariest game ever! Much more scarier than any movie I have ever watched. I dare anyone to play that game in the dark and not jump. This article http://news.gotgame.com/top-5-games-to-play-on-halloween/17899/ ranked the top 5 most scariest games ever, Silent Hill 2 was #1, Dead Space 2, but I think Fatal Frame should go number 2, followed by Bioshock (arguable), Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and Resident Evil 2 (a classic). Why do you think so many games now and days are made out of movies? Because video game developers and writers do a better job at telling stories and bringing them to life. Take that movie execs, you suck!