Is Project Cafe rumoured to have motion controls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

OR is Nintendo ditching it? I haven't heard anything about motion controls on this this.

I hope it will still have it, motion controls does have its place in SOME game, maybe Wii Motion+ remote will still be compatible?

Any ideas?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

afaik we have no info about that, but the new system is fully BC to the Wii, dunno if it just accepts the Wii controllers (like the Wii accepts GC controllers) or if it's build in the new controller

mastahwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mastahwolf
Member since 2010 • 171 Posts
I would assume yes just because of full BC
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

The Controller is rumoured to have a Gyroscope. It is also rumoured to act as a Sensor Bar for when your playing Wii games.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I would believe so because it's apparently fully backwards compatible for Wii games so I think there's a good chance you'll be able to use Wiimotes. But Project Cafe may in fact have motion control with its own games. Guess we'll find out this E3.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

The Controller is rumoured to have a Gyroscope. It is also rumoured to act as a Sensor Bar for when your playing Wii games.

Nintendo_Ownes7

I know about the Sensor Bar rumor, but what is a Gyroscope? I've heard the term in the bigger Nintendo Project Cafe thread, but wasn't sure what that means for the system. So what does the Gyroscope supposedely do for Project Cafe?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It would be kind of stupid if it didn't. When the rumours started coming out, I remember them saying it would support all Wii and GC periphrials. Which would mean developers could make games for the Wiimote of the new controller doesn't support waggle.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

Metamania

I know about the Sensor Bar rumor, but what is a Gyroscope? I've heard the term in the bigger Nintendo Project Cafe thread, but wasn't sure what that means for the system. So what does the Gyroscope supposedely do for Project Cafe?

A Gyroscope detects where the ground is and thus how you're holding the controller

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

ArchoNils2

A Gyroscope detects where the ground is and thus how you're holding the controller

OK....that's cool. :) Thanks for letting me know!

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

The Controller is rumoured to have a Gyroscope.Nintendo_Ownes7

I heard about the sensor bar capability, but a gyroscope? How the heck would that be implemented? All the supposed accounts of the controller's design make it sound like it'll be a standard controller. A gyroscope doesn't seem like a good inclusion with that in mind.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Metamania

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]The Controller is rumoured to have a Gyroscope.c_rake

I heard about the sensor bar capability, but a gyroscope? How the heck would that be implemented? All the supposed accounts of the controller's design make it sound like it'll be a standard controller. A gyroscope doesn't seem like a good inclusion with that in mind.

You know something, all this talk of a Gyroscope makes me think Nintendo should comeback with a sequel of sorts, a ROB 2? As in the robot R.O.B., the little robot that was made for the NEs back in its day? I think it would be cool if it made a return of sorts for here.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#12 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

You know something, all this talk of a Gyroscope makes me think Nintendo should comeback with a sequel of sorts, a ROB 2? As in the robot R.O.B., the little robot that was made for the NEs back in its day? I think it would be cool if it made a return of sorts for here.Metamania

I'd be down for that. They've had him included in a few games in the past few years, so might as well let him have his own game again. Besides, it's about time we get a crazy peripheral like him again. These past few console generations have been sorely lacking in that department.

Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

It would be an easier question to ask what is NOT rumored to be in Cafe.