Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

I have the money and credit to get an Xbox One to complement the PS4 I have. However, I am having some doubts to getting it right now. I don't want to miss out on games but at the same time the major amount of titles I can get on the PS4. The only exclusive that has my interest for Xbox One is Forza but is that enough to justify another 400+ on a console?

Another thing is the long run of paying to play online. At least last gen one service was free and the other was paid. Now they seem to similar in structure and service for their own good. (As for Wii U...I was never really a Nintendo guy.)

Marduke1913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Marduke1913
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

I say...treat yo self. You'll feel better not wondering what having both couldfeel like. You'll be able to provide duel insight whenever you get caught up in a console battle discussion. Youll get exclusives for both and can await new arrivals. If friends come over and are loyal to one system you've got them covered.

The only downside is the money, if the price isnt a huge blow to your personal finances I say go for it, this is America. Then you can tell me which one to get, or maybe youll suggest both!

One last story for ya (mr. new vegas voice), figure out how much you spend on fast food or delivery and calculate how many times you just have to not eat out or get non grocery store food and add up to the price of the console. That way when your playing the two systems you can feel good about having the console for a lifetime instead of having spending the same amount of money on food that would already be pooped out. This is why I sometimes do when getting a guilty pleasure item. but this only works for me because I go to fast food often.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

The way that I look at it is, if you have the disposable income to afford it right now and you know that you will eventually buy one anyway, then you might as well just buy it right away. What is the point of waiting and denying yourself the fun of a new console? It's very unlikely that it is going to get a signficant price drop any time soon that will make waiting worth it, so I say get all of the consoles as soon as you can and enjoy yourself.

And it's definitely worth getting all of the consoles because they all offer something great and owning them all is the only way that you won't miss out on anything.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

If you can afford it, go for it I guess. I personally think owning both can be a waste of $$$, unless you absolutely have to play the exclusives of each.

I recently sold my PS4 because I prefer the exclusives (and the controller) on Xbone, and would rather spend the extra coin on more games for Xbone. Plus I still have my 360 that I play. But that's just me.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

There's no real reason to own any console other than a Wii U right now. Don't buy consoles based on what they'll potentially have. Wait until the games actually come out.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

If there are Xbox One Exclusives you like and if there are some on the way then go for it. Not sure one game is worth it, but Halo is on the way as well.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

If you can afford it right now and have interests in games for both of them late on and ones that are released I say go for it.

'Life is too short to deny yourself fun in the simplest things'

And trust me I used to have all three of the old systems and that was the best time. you was never bored you always had a game to play and you was able to play the great exclusives that everybody was talking about.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

Wii U and PS4, done.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@Enfamous_Mr_BHC: Go for it since Forza Horizon is coming out. I have PS4 and Xbox One which I haven't played so much but Forza was awesome. I'm also getting a gaming laptop because I enjoy variety. In the long run it is an investment. I really enjoy gaming with the Xbone controllers. Have to give it to Microsoft for perfecting the gaming controller. Don't ever feel bad for spending money if it's something you really want. Money comes and goes.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i would get them both if you have the money for them

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I doubt it would be worth it. I get the feeling having both a PS4 and an Xbox One will be just as redundant as having both a PS3 and a 360. The only console that could really complement one of those is a Wii U because its library is completely different.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Enfamous_Mr_BHC: majority of games will be multiplatform so imo doesn't matter

I don't care for 8hr exclusive campaigns.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own both. Do what you want.

I play more PC/PS360 currently though, like expected for a launch year.

I can say that due to PS+, I do play PS4>>Xbone.

Here's why:

----

$50 for PS+ and $60 for XBLG. I get deals on both though.

This month marks 16 free PS+ games released on PS4 since Nov 2013 launch.

This month marks 6 free GwG games released on Xbone since Nov 2013 launch.

16 PS+ free games >> 6 XBL free games.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Do it if you really wan't too; but I think it's kind of a waste. Two nearly identical machines that could do the same thing if they weren't locked down by the manufacturers..... but I guess this is the way the industry works. I say just get a PC; much more utility there.... Plus you can play Assetto Corsa which is an amazing racing sim.