Is Earthbound ever coming back

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ryanweinmann
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts
I was thinking, on the first Earthbound, when you went into Fourside. Outside a door it said (something like this), that they in a meeting working on the second earthbound. That was like 10 years ago. Are they ever going to bring earthbound back? and whey havn't they bring it back? Its like one of the best rpg game I ever play (and trust me, I play alot of rpgs).
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
There was a sequal for the GBA that only came out in Japan.  It was released only about a year ago.  Doubtful it will ever make it to America though.  Just before that they released the first two in the series on GBA.  Since we didn't get that, I can't see Nintendo bringing the 3rd overseas.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts
Mother 3 (Earthbound 2) was released not too long ago on GBA. Unfortunately the game is Japan only, maybe if we're really lucky they'll bring it over here sometimes.
Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts

Mother 3 (Earthbound 2) was released not too long ago on GBA. Unfortunately the game is Japan only, maybe if we're really lucky they'll bring it over here sometimes._BlueDuck_

This is my hope also.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#5 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Earthbound is one of those RPGs that need a sequel. Like Parasite Eve and Chrono Trigger (Cross doesn't count) as well.
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

Earthbound is one of those RPGs that need a sequel. Like Parasite Eve and Chrono Trigger (Cross doesn't count) as well.SemiMaster

Dude, Earthbound doesn't NEED a sequel really... It would just be really, really awesome.

Which brings me to the point of how Nintendo hasn't brought it over yet.  I don't see how they wouldn't make money for it.  Earthbound has one of the most rabid fanbases, and Nintendo has such an awesome localization department that could make an awesome translation.  I see no reason for them NOT to bring it over really.

Now I'm going to go cry in a corner...

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
For a company that bases itself so heavily on fan-service, they sure have dropped the ball when it comes to the Mother franchise. I think they still remember the initial reception the game received, when it launched amid shinier 3D consoles, rather than the following the game has received since then, and the hordes of people that have become curious as a result. They should have localized Mother 3 the moment the Japanese version was finished. And they need to release Mother as Earthbound 0 or something over the VC. Heck, doing that with Mother 3 ain't a bad idea either, especially if that means downloadable Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games as well.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
It's just one of those classic gems that will never get a sequel.
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
I never got a chance to play it on the SNES. I wish that the game would come out on hte Virtual Console so that I can get a chance to see what all the hype is about. I honestly doubt there will be a sequel...but now days you never know what to expect
mikerad81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 mikerad81
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing an Earthbound sequel stateside. There would be so many fantastic possibilities, too; except for the face that Ness already destroyed the personification of all evil in the universe - how can you top that?
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts

I don't understand Japanese developers. You can wave money in their faces and show proof that what America is asking to be ported over or created will sell well and they still won't do it. Square is usually the biggest offender of this, continually remaking FF games, but not the ones people want to see most. They also tend to ignore series like Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve (yay? they are making a Cell Phone #3), Secret of Evermore, and the lousy attempts at Secret of Mana.

Earthbound is just one of the games in a long line of series that developers need to listen to the players about and create new games for. It was easily one of the best and most bizarre RPG's I ahve ever played.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#12 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

I don't understand Japanese developers. You can wave money in their faces and show proof that what America is asking to be ported over or created will sell well and they still won't do it. Square is usually the biggest offender of this, continually remaking FF games, but not the ones people want to see most. They also tend to ignore series like Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve (yay? they are making a Cell Phone #3), Secret of Evermore, and the lousy attempts at Secret of Mana.

Earthbound is just one of the games in a long line of series that developers need to listen to the players about and create new games for. It was easily one of the best and most bizarre RPG's I ahve ever played.

Velric

Don't get me started man... I can't tell you how much PE3 on a CELL PHONE drives me insane.

Clearly fan favorites like CT, PE, Earthbound and such are in high demand, but look what Square did when some fans did a fully 3d revamped Chrono Trigger... they threatened to sue, even if it was just a mod based on another game's engine.

And the funny thing is, the characters and plot is generally there already? Why have to dick around with all the storyboards and stuff when you pretty much have a good chunk of it already done?

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
I'm sure Nintendo would just murder it like they did Mario.