Infinity Ward are unbelievable

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

I am sure a lot of you gamers out there have heard about the Modern Warfare 3 unreadable disc error. Basically, the game is unplayable because eventually the game just says the disc is unreadable, and asks you to try and clean or something. But this isn't just my disc or Xbox 360, it's a lot of gamers, even PS3. I have tried installing but it fails, I have tried just playing the game, which worked for the first 3 to 4 hours after getting it for Christmas and not since, and I am out of options. I have sent for a replacement from Amazon, but apparantly new discs may not fix it anyway. If that is the case, there is absolutely NO way for me to play the game at all, so basically in a large majority of cases, Modern Warfare 3 is a broken game. But that isn't the interesting part...

Infinity Ward are trying to put blame upon the gamers, and saying that they have a bad disc. They even said to send for a replacement where they got it from, OR buy a new disc!!! so that would be about £40 down the drain, with another possible £40 heading that way.

After all of the millions IW make off of the Call of Duty franchise and the fact that they not even help the gamers with a problem that is obviously caused by them, it's in bad taste.

This is in no way an attack at Infinity Ward by the way, this is just a frustrated gamer talking here, while a little bit angry.

My scenario is I was happily playing through the campaign setting off mortars and that is where the error came. In my brothers case, it happened during an online game.

So with this, because of IW not admitting it (if it wasn't possible to tell who's end the problem was coming from, I wouldn't be so angry at IW), I find it hard to trust them anymore. I have been a fan of Call of Duty ever since the original back on the PC in 2003, and it is looking like I just might have to skip Modern Warfare 3 completely...

I love Call of Duty and I will always want to purchase the games, but I think from now on I am going to have to read in to this problem if it is still there next year, because if it is... I might just not buy it. If it could be fixed it wouldn't be so bad, but apparantly it may very well be unfixable through an update. It would be fine if IW admitted it was their problem (and it is obvious since so many gamers have reported this), but they aren't, so yeah, looks like MW3 might not get much more play out of me if the replacement disc doesn't work, which is a really big shame. :(

Has anybody else experienced these problems and what are your views on the subject?

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Kind of what you get for buying a COD game... :P

Seriously though thats awful.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Can you take it back to the store or get a replacement?! I hope it works out for you and that you can settle your differences with IW!
LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

If it's faulty, you can take it back to the store for a refund or replacement. It doesn't matter what IW say, that's the consumer protection laws on faulty goods.

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

Surprise surprise - that's why I don't buy Infinity Ward games anymore. They want you to buy another copy of the game. Hmm... Fishy...

abbas4evr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 abbas4evr
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
They should issue a replacement and moreover issue a patch or something to make sure this "disk unreadable" is fixed,cause one can't really keep on sending for replacement for unreadable disks.Have you written to the support at Activision yet ?
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

That sucks, but it's the first time I've ever heard someone complain about that.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ashley_wwe
Ilovegames1992 - indeed :( biggest_loser - I sent it back to Amazon and hopefully they will recieve it tomorrow and thanks! LordRork - They shouldn't have put the blame on the gamer though :( they should at least try to fix it or something. Beagle050 - Yeah, even though they make millions off of the disc, they think it's best to get another game. I am glad I didn't buy Elite or the map packs! abbas4evr - Nope, but I have read online and that is all they say (get another copy and/or send it back). I have sent it back to Amazon though, but it can take up to 30 days to get a replacement... and even then, it might be the same :(. tjricardo089 - Yeah :( but do you mean this issue that you haven't heard anybody mention?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Isn't Infinity Ward now called Sledgehammer? And most, if not all, retail outlets will replace defective copies. If they don't, then you go higher up. I haven't heard anything about this (not that I keep up on CoD news), so this might be something you should bring up to Sony/Microsoft as well because if there are disc read errors, it may be hardware-side.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ashley_wwe
Isn't Infinity Ward now called Sledgehammer? And most, if not all, retail outlets will replace defective copies. If they don't, then you go higher up. I haven't heard anything about this (not that I keep up on CoD news), so this might be something you should bring up to Sony/Microsoft as well because if there are disc read errors, it may be hardware-side.foxhound_fox
Nope, Sledgehammer Studios is new, third studio that is working on the CoD series. There is the original maker, Infinity Ward, Treyarch and now Sledgehammer. I have already sent the copy back to Amazon, so I will have to wait and see what they say. Also, apparantly it is a disc security error or something? but I don't think it is hardware side. Well, if it is, I still believe that IW are the cause, personally.
Jwdunbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jwdunbar
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

the same thing happened to one of my friends. he bought the game brand new and when he put the disk in the tray, he got the disk error. but the funny thing is that it works on mine had no problems. my friend has the new 360 slim and i have an 360 pro.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ashley_wwe
the same thing happened to one of my friends. he bought the game brand new and when he put the disk in the tray, he got the disk error. but the funny thing is that it works on mine had no problems. my friend has the new 360 slim and i have an 360 pro.Jwdunbar
My brother has the same Xbox from Christmas 2006, my friend has had one since beginning of 2010 and I have the red Resident Evil 5 one (released in March? 2009). It stopped happening to my friend after an update (the other way around apparantly), and it started to happen to my brother at first, and then it happened to me too (although the first time took about 10-20 minutes of play on mine after it happened to him). Apparantly it is the large amount of discs released that have the problem. I really don't understand why :(.
alexLmx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 alexLmx6
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

It's likely a problem in manufacturing rather than software, so it likely isn't IW's fault at all. But their response to the issue is utter bullcrap, and if the disc still doesn't work get a full refund and wait until the problem has been addressed, no point in letting them have your money in the meantime.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ashley_wwe
That's understandable. If IW were at least professional about it, I wouldn't mind as in the end, it is still a problem. But yeah, I am considering just getting another game instead if my replacement doesn't work and wait for later in the year if they ever fix this problem. It is a real shame though, I was really getting in to it :(.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
How is it putting the blame on gamers by saying they have a bad disc? I haven't heard of this issue at all(I do keep up with COD news), and know a lot of people who have MW3. Perhaps it is your fault? My copy has been playing fine on my 2007 360 since release night.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

The real question is why you bought it in the first place.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ashley_wwe
How is it putting the blame on gamers by saying they have a bad disc? I haven't heard of this issue at all(I do keep up with COD news), and know a lot of people who have MW3. Perhaps it is your fault? My copy has been playing fine on my 2007 360 since release night.dotWithShoes
It's not my fault. If you do a quick Google search you wil see MANY people reporting this same problem. I am surprised it is not as mainstream as it should be though, as I believe most people experienced this problem ;). It is also putting the blame on gamers by saying they have a bad disc is because they released them like this, and their response is to either replace it or buy a brand new one over the top of it.
The real question is why you bought it in the first place.edinsftw
Opinions are great.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"]How is it putting the blame on gamers by saying they have a bad disc? I haven't heard of this issue at all(I do keep up with COD news), and know a lot of people who have MW3. Perhaps it is your fault? My copy has been playing fine on my 2007 360 since release night.Ashley_wwe
It's not my fault. If you do a quick Google search you wil see MANY people reporting this same problem. I am surprised it is not as mainstream as it should be though, as I believe most people experienced this problem ;). It is also putting the blame on gamers by saying they have a bad disc is because they released them like this, and their response is to either replace it or buy a brand new one over the top of it.

So Infinity Ward made the discs themselves? Never knew Infinity Ward was based in Mexico. From the looks of it, from reading the COD forums that it has to do with the game being on that new fangled disc format that MS was playing with. Again, not IW's fault.