Infinite Undiscovery: The Final Unveiling, New Reviews

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

I hate games that the caracters look like plastic.fjburgos

well then you most hate most jrpgs...I don't mind it all, I think its just different, in a way if you think about it most eastern styled games look plasticky...Even Ninja Gaiden

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

In the end it is just one review anyway, if the other reviews back it up, then I'll be concerned. IGN has been wrong before.rragnaar

Even before clicking your link, I was thinking God Hand. :D

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

IGN's reviews range from passable to foul, but there's one thing in that review that isn't even subjective, and that's the fact that the game doesn't pause while you're going through the inventory screen trying to heal. That's not Hillary Goldstein being lame (which is often the case), that's just indefensibly BAD design. There are some design choices that can be defended and as such chalked up to differences in taste, but a game that keeps wailing on you while you can't even see what's happening is LAME.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
For an experienced rpg developer Tri Ace made a lot of to put it politely, surprising design decisions. Aside from the no pause during menus and no 'equip best stuff' option, its kind of odd that the game is short and linear.
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts

For an experienced rpg developer Tri Ace made a lot of to put it politely, surprising design decisions. Aside from the no pause during menus and no 'equip best stuff' option, its kind of odd that the game is short and linear.CarnageHeart

I currently have about eighteen unfinished RPGs that I'm playing right now. Do you how grateful I'd be to have half of them be short and linear? :P

That said, if I'm going to get another RPG, it looks like Tales of Vesperia is the better option.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

Oh crap. Even though it's just one review, the issues it brings to the table are definitely worrying. Perhaps some things were meant to remain veiled. ^__^

Nevertheless, I'm totally getting both this game and Tales of Vesperia.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 HiResDes

Oh crap. Even though it's just one review, the issues it brings to the table are definitely worrying. Perhaps some things were meant to remain veiled. ^__^

Nevertheless, I'm totally getting both this game and Tales of Vesperia.

SteelAttack

Only thing I extremely worried about is the non pausing inventory system, but I think the battles will be a lot better than Tales...Tales is way too easy.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HiResDes
1up Review is well...up
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

1up Review is well...upHiResDes

- 1up (B)

This is an improvement on the IGN review for sure.

[spoiler] I'm still too busy with Tales and Disgaea 3 to care.:( [/spoiler]

MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

IGN's reviews range from passable to foul, but there's one thing in that review that isn't even subjective, and that's the fact that the game doesn't pause while you're going through the inventory screen trying to heal. That's not Hillary Goldstein being lame (which is often the case), that's just indefensibly BAD design. There are some design choices that can be defended and as such chalked up to differences in taste, but a game that keeps wailing on you while you can't even see what's happening is LAME.

Shame-usBlackley

What a horribly written review at IGN. I could have written something more coherent after consuming a 12 pack of Guiness. I'm sure the game isn't perfect, but I wonder if she even knew how to play it? With that. some of the game mechanics and the linearity do bother me. The game was already terribly ridden with JRPG cliches and I was hoping the gameplay would save it. Again, we'll need a few more reviews to go on to get a better idea of how this game turned out.

Such is the case with Tri-Ace, they either develop a game that is sheer groundbreaking, genre defining genius like the first Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 2, or they put out putrid garbage like SO3. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with them.

morph_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 morph_basic
Member since 2002 • 1672 Posts
[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

MarcusAntonius

What a horribly written review at IGN. I could have written something more coherent after consuming a 12 pack of Guiness. I'm sure the game isn't perfect, but I wonder if she even knew how to play it? With that. some of the game mechanics and the linearity do bother me. The game was already terribly ridden with JRPG cliches and I was hoping the gameplay would save it. Again, we'll need a few more reviews to go on to get a better idea of how this game turned out.

Such is the case with Tri-Ace, they either develop a game that is sheer groundbreaking, genre defining genius like the first Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean 2, or they put out putrid garbage like SO3. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with them.

I liked SO3 ;x

But yeah I'm on the fence still about this game, I really thought it would have done better.