Improvements you want for next gen GTA V SP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9868 Posts

Don't really know where to post this as I don't think R* has a forum for stuff like this? Anyway please add the stuff you want (SP only please!) :)! In no particular order:

1. Fix the gun handling/reticle (see here for what I mean: http://kotaku.com/two-important-things-gta-v-is-still-getting-wrong-1405642943)
  2. Use the gun wound effects from Max Payne 3. They were awesomely gruesome and made each gunfight feel all the more satisfying!
  3. Add a quicksave option! I like to do stuff like Mountainbiking down MT Chiliad etc. However since it is so easy to die it becomes a massive chore to do. Quicksave would be a massive improvement!
  4. Add more random events to the world and stores/banks to rob. The world feels a bit empty on (unorganized) activities.
  5. Improve skyscraper textures. The skyscrapers is one of the things in the game that is straight up ugly to a point it gets distracting!
  6. Remake the submarine sidecontent. It was cool when you finally got a submarine. However the only thing you could do with it was to collect junk, which was an absolute chore. Add some underwater base, or animals to hunt, or perhaps the possibility to infiltrate a base from the sea. The seafloor is visually dead, bring it to life!
  7. Races are waaaay too easy. I stopped doing them because of that. Need to be completely rebalanced.
  8. Map the grenade/explosives to a seperate button!
  9. Make the car handling slightly less arcadey (should obv not be close to simulation).
  10. Rework melee combat to feel more fluent and fun. A couple of more moves to choose from perhaps and some cool finishers with a greater variety of melee weapons.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Game already has quicksave. Non-issue.

And the game is just a port of last gen versions. You're asking Rockstar to redo a lot of the game. Not going to happen.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sushiglutton

@speedfreak48t5p said:

And the game is just a port of last gen versions. You're asking Rockstar to redo a lot of the game. Not going to happen.

We'll have to wait and see, but I believe R* will make a lot more than a straight port. They will have had 1.5 years to do stuff and my guess is they want to create enough incentive for people to rebuy the game on next-gen.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

We'll have to wait and see, but I believe R* will make a lot more than a straight port. They will have had 1.5 years to do stuff and my guess is they want to create enough incentive for people to rebuy the game on next-gen.

It's just a port. They'll improve the visuals and add new content, but they are not going to change the mechanics or remake things.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17676 Posts

Fix law enforcement. Getting an automatic 3-4 wanted level if I kill someone on top of the mountain when no one is around and then have them 30 seconds away is bullshit. The overly strict cops completely ruined the fun and freedom for me in V. I could understand if I go on a rampage, but killing a few people shouldn't bring the wrath of God down on my head immediately, especially when no one was around to see it.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Fix law enforcement. Getting an automatic 3-4 wanted level if I kill someone on top of the mountain when no one is around and then have them 30 seconds away is bullshit. The overly strict cops completely ruined the fun and freedom for me in V. I could understand if I go on a rampage, but killing a few people shouldn't bring the wrath of God down on my head immediately, especially when no one was around to see it.

Yeah, that makes sense to me too. If the cops didn't see you do the crime at all, why even bother rushing you down with tanks and helicopters? It's pretty stupid.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

My biggest gripe with the game was the limited soundtrack and poor choice of songs.However it looks like the "next gen" versions will be expanded

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Get the pc verrsion and install mods.

Everything is possible.

Loading Video...
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sushiglutton

@MirkoS77 said:

I agree with this as well. It would be more fun if you were allowed to do a bit more rampage before the law came after you.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Sushiglutton: 11. Dont make it about 3 protagonists again, focus like in GTA IV on 1 and make a decent story.

12. Dont make the map huge and then have 75% of it pretty much wasteland and useless, having a big map with nothing to do, just makes the big map pointless and useless.