FummyCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By FummyCloud
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts

Hello guys, some years ago there was a free-to-play quake game on steam and I loved to play that. You could type in chat while playing with bots and they wrote some phrases and I loved to joke around with that. I can't remember the name of that game and I can't find it anywhere, so could you guys help me in this one? Thanks for reading this and have the rest of a nice day and week!

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Isn't that many Quake games it can be that is free to play.

So I'm gonna guess it's Quake Live you're looking for, Maybe "Enemy Territory: Quake Wars" though I don't think it was free to play at any point after it's release.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

I assume Quake Live

Did it look like this visually?

I'd recommend you try the new Quake: Champions at anycase.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Lol I remember playing that in a browser. No idea how it worked but I got bored after 5 minutes. Quake 3 Arena is a terrible game.

Go get the single player original Quake mod where you do a campaign around some docks. If anyone can remember that mod... I remember thinking it was almost professional level design. Then go play the 'airtime' mod for Quake1 where you swing on a grappling hook around a vertical arena with beams to swing on like Spiderman games should control. Don't touch the bottom or you explode. It's swinging nirvana but you need a direct connect to play with a friend and master the control of chain pulling and pushing to catapult yourself around. There's no point to it. It's just fun.