IGN: Layoffs at Sony Santa Monica. Stig's New IP Cancelled?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@_hazbro_ said:

First Irrational Games and now this.

This generation is off to a terrible start.

Bad news indeed. I hope the 7th gen won't be the last amazing generation. I almost feel it was an underrated generation, probably just because it was cool to hate on the current and people are full of nostalgia.

MGS4, TLOU, Bioshock, SMG1-2, UC2 (and 1/3 for that matter), GTAV, RDR, ME2, TESIV/V, Arkham Asylum/City, so many great titles, I hope the 8th gen will follow..

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52  Edited By S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

@CarnageHeart:

How do you know that SSM’s shooter was multiplayer only? I have heard no such rumors. I fail to see why SSM would go ahead and make an online campaign like Destiny when all their job listings talked about creating a single player game with vehicles.

I was kidding about the cellphone bit, I don’t think I watched it on my cellphone but if I had then it should’ve looked better on the cellphone because the image gets downscaled on the smaller screen making it look better than it usually is. It hides the jaggies and gives it a very clean iQ. That’s why I went nuts over the GTA5 trailers because I watched them on my cellphone at first, and was a bit disappointed when I came home and watched it on the big screen with the image blown up. That Killzone vid had more issues than a low bitrate. They redid the trees and lost detail from the surrounding buildings when you went all the way down. You guys tend not to notice these things but as a graphics fanatic, anything minor just screams out at me.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

@S0lidSnake said:

@CarnageHeart:

How do you know that SSM’s shooter was multiplayer only? I have heard no such rumors. I fail to see why SSM would go ahead and make an online campaign like Destiny when all their job listings talked about creating a single player game with vehicles.

I was kidding about the cellphone bit, I don’t think I watched it on my cellphone but if I had then it should’ve looked better on the cellphone because the image gets downscaled on the smaller screen making it look better than it usually is. It hides the jaggies and gives it a very clean iQ. That’s why I went nuts over the GTA5 trailers because I watched them on my cellphone at first, and was a bit disappointed when I came home and watched it on the big screen with the image blown up. That Killzone vid had more issues than a low bitrate. They redid the trees and lost detail from the surrounding buildings when you went all the way down. You guys tend not to notice these things but as a graphics fanatic, anything minor just screams out at me.

When I heard about the similarity to Destiny, I assumed that meant it had a similar MP focus. If it had a quality SP campaign, then the cancellation is a shame (assuming it wasn't in development hell). If not, then the only loss that matters is the lost jobs.

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 _HazBro_
Member since 2014 • 125 Posts

@Mozelleple112: I hope so too but so far, it's doesn't look like it's going to be a good generation. At least for me, I've been completely underwhelmed.