Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Dr_dreads
Member since 2019 • 19 Posts

What video game would it be?

Why that video game?

How would you remaster it and what what features would be in it?

How much do you think your remaster version would cost in the shops?

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

Klonoa, any of them. I played only the GBA games that were amazing, but wasn't able to get any copy of the PS1/PS2 games. I would pay full price for a remaster to Klonoa, the GBA games were that good.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

The urbz, sims in the city for GBA/DS.

It would release for the 3DS / Switch / Wii U / PC On steam. The 3DS option would be $20 while the PC / Wii U / Switch version would be $30 due to having better graphics.

As for differences, graphics would be an obvious, as well as adding in new quests, new areas to explore, new items, and a lot of new clothing / hairstyle options.

If not Urbz, Sims in the city, then I'd Remaster Transformers for the PS2. You know, the one biased on Transformers Armada. As for improvements I'd add three new worlds and two new autobots for the Autobot campaign as well as adding in a deception campaign. Also, original graphics mode. This would be released for the PS4 / Xbox one / Switch / and PC and would retail for $60.

edomingox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 edomingox
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts

All games from now till the end of time.

Why that video game?

My next answer is the reason why.

Remove all microtransactions, put in full content (that means content purposely withheld as DLC), give the developers time to create a full game, all the skins and mods that would of been held as microtransactions, no pre-order option (unnecessary, it's not like it's going to be sold out, and no pre-order content because everyone should get everything that comes with the game).

$49, none of this Deluxe Edition crap.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

Quite a few, but just for the sake of the thread, DS trilogy of CastleVania is high on my list.

Could be in the Anniversary collection anyhow, it's weird how many the remakes and remasters I mention come true. Scary even.

I know this is dedicated to remasters but I look forward to the Resident Evil 3 Remake

*To the past naysayers of Remake 2. Holds a 93 on MC, and already stated to match Resi7 global sales/ at around six million copies. Let me know how EAs big investment Anthem is doing even after its huge price drop six days after release?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RSM-HQ
@journey_951 said:

Probably an early Elder Scrolls game like Morrowind,

Think one of the reasons Bethesda sweat remastering something like Morrowind (arguably the best TES game) is because the Overhaul mod being the definitive version to play. And Bethesda would probably jump through hoops to get that version on all platforms_

I've seen some prefer the Rebirth mod but in my opinion slapping Morrowind in the Skyrim engine looses a lot of the games artistic style and scope. Overhaul just makes the game look crisper while keeping creators intent intact.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@yammireckorrdsan: Agreed. I first played the Wii version. It wasn’t that bad but we really need that character to come back. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@dr_dreads said:

Why that video game?

• Max Payne
  • It's a classic and it is the only way I can see Rockstar making another Max Payne game.
  • It would be built from the ground up with the Rage engine grenades and molotovs would be back they where missing in MP3 SP the gameplay would be pretty much the same as Max Payne 3 except quick save would be back and Max would move faster since he's younger and you can skip cutscenes.
  • $59.99

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Final Fantasy 8

Why that video game?

High nostalgia and needs a graphical upgrade

How would you remaster it and what features would be in it?

Upgrade graphics, fix bugs, expand Triple Triad,

£20-35

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Max Payne 3 not much to do in terms of remaster just release it with 4k and 1080 60 option.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I'd remaster Geist from the GC. It was published by Nintendo, so I guess it should be on Switch. But if I hypothetically get to have complete control of licencing, then I'd put it on all platforms.

This game was a great concept. An FPS where your character's soul is ripped from their body and you have to play through the game as a ghost possessing people, animals, and even inanimate objects to make progress. It's a fun game, but the frame rate is choppy and controls are loose.

First change would be to tighten the controls and get the frame rate locked at 60fps. Next I'd make the game a bit more open ended. The original has one section where you have a few optional side missions that allow you to acquire more powerful weapons, I'd add a few more of those kinds of missions. Also give multiple solutions to a few of the possession puzzles throughout the main game. On multiplayer, the game had this mode called Hunt that was basically ghosts vs humans. The human team would try to neutralize ghosts, while the ghosts would try to possess humans and walk them into death traps. It was already great, but I would add things like vehicles to possess and run over humans with.

Like I said, if have have total control of licencing this would be a $20 downloadable title on all platforms. If I have to work for Nintendo, this would be probably be a $50 Switch game.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I would say Front Mission 3 and 4. I personally like 4 better but third game is the one that most people would like to see it remastered or remade in today's graphical engines. Too bad Left Alive is a piece of shit.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Chrono Cross to be given the same treatment final fantasy IX got and put on steam

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Something like Super Mario Sunshine for Switch would be amazing... update the graphics and controls, fix a few of the bugs/problems the game had etc.

Man that'd be amazing!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

bubsy 3d

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Rainbow Six 3/Black Arrow and Ghost Recon/Island Thunder - Xbox versions. Best online multiplayer, best campaigns, and all around best games of their generation.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Wing Commander 1, 2, and Privateer

I would want all of the non in ship content to remain exactly the same. That is all solid gold and still holds up. Remaster the music as well as take the engine from WC Prophecy for all in ship/mission stuff. The only reason I struggle to go back to those old games was the gameplay being so dated now but the rest is perfect still to this day IMO.

Same goes for XWing and Tie Fighter. Freespace thankfully has been treated with love by the modding community with Freespace Open so those are just fine. I really miss these types of space flight combat games. Stupid EA holds the Star Wars IP as well as the Wing Commander IP so my hopes are zero for me getting what I wish for.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

I would choose MegaMan Legends 1 and 2. Legends 2 already has modern TPS controls (analog support), but an updated version of MML 1 with the same analog support, and PC ports with much needed mouse supported would be amazing, especially if they upgraded the graphics to at least PS2 era quality for all these remasters.

To be honest, the art is so primitive, I have difficulty imagining the characters and environments with any more polygons than were possible at that time. Maybe my brain is just not creative enough to imagine super high poly versions of MegaMan and Roll.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

Would be nice to see a proper Deus Ex remaster. Would prefer a remake though, to actually make it worthwhile. Make it pretty much the same game, frame for frame, but change up the art direction (maybe make it more neon and less noir). I think some more modern game mechanics would be welcome, too.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RSM-HQ
@mrbojangles25 said:

Would be nice to see a proper Deus Ex remaster.

You use a P.C. for gaming right? Could just grab the GoG edition that comes with all the quality of life community patches. The shooting sucks and water upgrades are pointless but still the best game in the series, and certainly one of my favorite retro P.C. games_

Would go for a remake but from my understanding Mankind Divided bombed (doesn't help it was made of micro transactions and ripped up to sell cut content). Which is a shame because Human Revolution was a great game, outside the terrible bosses.

(maybe make it more neon and less noir)

Think a lot of people liked the original Deus Ex because of the heavy noir themes. So that could be seen as a compromise of identity. I could go either way personally. Just needs to be system'ly faithful, though improve the shooting, and other modern awesomeness we take for granted.

Avatar image for ia_retro_gamer_dad
IA_Retro_Gamer_Dad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IA_Retro_Gamer_Dad
Member since 2019 • 23 Posts

@omegamaster:

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

Max Payne 3 not much to do in terms of remaster just release it with 4k and 1080 60 option.

This. Release it with all the DLC and balance the multiplayer better. Remove that stupid bomb suit. Get rid of the kick system or at least require more than 50 percent to vote. More maps. Fluttering jackets would make shoot dodging and stuff more amazing. Make the cutscenes instantly skippable. After it's out, gauge the sales to see if Max Payne 4 would be desired.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

WWF No Mercy

Why that video game?

Because all of the wrestling games that get released now that 2K has the license are terrible and that doesn't look like it will change anytime soon, so therefore the only way that we are probably ever going to get a good wrestling game anytime soon is to remaster an old one. And No Mercy is the greatest wrestling game of all time, so that's the one that should be remastered.

Improve the graphics, improve the framerate, and add online-play. Keep everything about the gameplay the same because it's already perfect and they would probably screw it up if they tried making any changes to the gameplay.

I don't care. I would pay damn near any price that they want for it.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:

Because all of the wrestling games that get released now that 2K has the license are terrible and that doesn't look like it will change anytime soon, so therefore the only way that we are probably ever going to get a good wrestling game anytime soon is to remaster an old one.

Fire Pro World isn't bad, but it needs to played on PC with mods.

Dolonesper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dolonesper
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

I Love the elder scrolls series <3 My gold time with my gold game (TESO Morrowind) <3

I'd like to see Morrowind Online. I know, there is the Elder scrolls online and I've played

But Morrowind is my fav part of ESO

Actually I Play ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) very well and I really love this game! In game I'm Dragonknight and I'm ESO gold trader so sometimes I sell, sometimes I buy some Elder Scrolls Online Gold.

What I love most in Elder Scrolls is Lore and interesting facts about ESO history, ESO chronology, Best eso builds and hsitory of Khajit :-)

I love Elder Scrolls series from my childhood, when boyfriend of my mother buy The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind for me and I spend a hundred of hours with this game. Later I do other transaction with my friends and with my partner. When I bought Elder Scrolls Items and ESO Items, then I'm pretty sure that our future is near and we should be pro ecologist. I buy ESO gold and ESO weapons here: https://odealo.com/games/elder-scrolls-online