If you could decide the next entry on a game franchise...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pcty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 pcty
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts

We fans, almost everytime, have something to complain about a new entry on our beloved franchises, it could be the new mechanics, lame story, different hair color,etc...

So if you had absolute control over the next entry of any game franchise, what would you change?

I'll go first.

The franchise that I would pick is Pokemon. What I want for the series is probably what a lot of other fans want too... a Pokemon MMORPG. A big unified world connecting Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos with all 719 pokemons, all gym leaders, the elite four of all regions and all of this in rich living community.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#2  Edited By SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

If I could choose the next Legacy of Kain game, I'd opt for an action adventure that is a true sequel and the final installment to the franchise. I wouldn't turn it into an alienating MOBA.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

Knights of The Old Republic 3. A true sequel, not this mmo crap. I'm not too big on online games.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

TMNT: Out of the Shadows.

Triple the budget, make it a full retail release and make a 3ds version. Make sure the extra funding goes to working out the glitches and bugs, and add a bit of proactivity to the camera. Make the cutscenes in-engine in the way the intro to the first level was, rather than the ghastly comic style they ended up using for the rest of the game.

I'd buy both versions, provided the 3ds version was as faithful to it's console counterpart as The Amazing Spider-Man, and not a watered down travesty like The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MasterBelmont
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'd have the next Castlevania game return to the old timeline and answer questions fans still have. It would be 2D like SOTN and the handheld ones and probably be based off Demon Castle Wars (since we've wanted a game based on that for a long time). No more of this GoW-clone stuff.

I'd have the next Metroid be 2D and like Super and the GBA games. I'd probably make it with 3D graphics like the NSMB games or DKCR.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Fallout.

I'd make it very dark and completely 3D, but would go back to a default isometric perspective ala Fallout 1/2. However, the camera would still be adjustable, and it would also zoom down to look at characters during conversations and to aid targeting/show firefight exchanges during battle (similar to X-COM EU). I would make all environments fully destructible and have full physics in play, and all characters killable.

I basically want a Fallout in the old style but using all of today's technology to pull it off. Isometric turn-based RPGs slaughter alll others on the market, IMO. Hell, I'd be happy with a Fallout 1/2 remake in such a fashion. As much as I liked 3, Fallout is better as an isometric game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I would add co-op ! To EVERYTHING ! ! !

Co-op...... Co-op Everywhere !

usaking976127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By usaking976127
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Totally love that Pokemon idea.

I would have a new Twisted Metal game that goes back to the visual style and dark humor of TM2. It would have levels that are bright and colorful and have an online mode where you can play with 16 people.

I feel like david Jaffe really failed on the newest Twisted Metal. He clearly was trying to create another dark masterpiece in the TM franchise, like Twisted Metal: Black, but had no idea what he was doing. Going back to the style of TM2 would definitely be the way to go for the next TM game.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I would like the Castlevania to return to it's roots. It should be a 2D (or 2.5D) game without all those anime crap. It should be a tale of great monster slayers. People who wear cross and use holly water to abolish evil. Not a vampire tale of a pale boy but the tale of men who dare face evil and go through hell to destroy it.

pcty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pcty

@Lulu_Lulu: Tetris Coop!!

High-Res

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By High-Res
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

I think Ubisoft missed a huge opportunity on not splitting their "Creed" brand with Black Flag.

I would spin off and launch "Pirates Creed" - Take the Assassin Creed story and a bunch on the mechanics (Less Assassiny more Piratey) and Split away from Assassin's Creed.

Then, Alternate them every other year with "Pirates Creed" & "Assassin's Creed".

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu

@pcty

HELL YEAH ! BRING IT ! :D

smitherton4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 smitherton4
Member since 2014 • 67 Posts

A Shining Force actually made by Camelot again.

Avatar image for jacquelineferre
jacquelineferre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 jacquelineferre
Member since 2013 • 116 Posts

A Metal Gear Solid in WWII featuring The Boss as the protagonist.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I would add co-op ! To EVERYTHING ! ! !

Co-op...... Co-op Everywhere !

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Behardy24

@jacquelineferre said:

That sounds badass. I like it!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@Behardy24

You know you want some ! :)

you shouldn't be the solitary gamer who fires up the console and plays a single player game just to relax or whatever..... Share the experience !

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Behardy24

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Behardy24

You know you want some ! :)

you shouldn't be the solitary gamer who fires up the console and plays a single player game just to relax or whatever..... Share the experience !

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@Behardy24

I never joke about co-op

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Behardy24

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Behardy24

I never joke about co-op

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I would buy Silent Hill, and ship it the **** back to Japan and away from American developers.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

@Behardy24

Naturally, growning up.... People played games locally, in the same room, there was no such thing as online gaming.... You know.... On consoles.

10 years went by and technology improved and people grew accustom to playing alone... It actually became cool to play online...... So one day.... I was at Adam's house and he's wanted to try out playing President Evil 5 for the 1st time and he wanted me there to support him..... thats just how how used to do things back when we played on my PC.... Just took turns supporting eachother... I called it Vicarious Interactive Entertainment.

Anyway I accidentally sat on his 2nd controller and fate guided my butt cheeks to the start button...... Then the screen went Black......the game went back to the inventory screen but it looked different somehow..... And thats when it occurred to us..... SPLIT SCREEN CO-OP ! :D the next 7 hours was absolutely profound..... I connected with Adam in a way I've never connected with anyone before, we laughed together, got scared together, got angry together, got frustrated together, triumphed together ! etc. We bonded ! It was fucking BROMANTIC !Thats the Power Of Co-op. I later bough President Evil 5 for my self plus the DLC.... I then neglected to play it for 4 months because Adam wasn't around at the time, I never so much as glanced at that DLC untill Adam came and we played it together.... It was Awesome !

I wanna up the ante next time with 4 player couch co-op just as soon as I get a Nintendo !

Co-Op is just the best way for me to connect with someone when I'm not sober. :p

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts

I don't think every game would be fun in co-op. Some games should stay the way they are. Like The Last of Us, just don't change anything but continue the story. Adding multiplayer or co-op to those games; (The Last of Us, Uncharted etc) seems to kill the emotional memories that the campaign left on us.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

@burock76

Are you kidding ! The Last Of Us would be Fantastic in co-op..... It would be even more emotionally evocative than it is now. Even tiny things little things like the Buddy Boost and and Hold Breaks will be much more powerfull.

the game isn't so immersive that you can forget that Ellie is an AI....... Having an actual human in her place is much much better.

pcty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pcty

@jacquelineferre said:

That would be the best MGS ever! Imagine The Boss doing missions working for SAS like the dummy raids or the snatch missions.

We could also see her a little green before she fully develops her CQC techniques and her relationship with the Sorrow an dthe rest of Cobra unit!

Avatar image for jacquelineferre
jacquelineferre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 jacquelineferre
Member since 2013 • 116 Posts

@pcty said:

@jacquelineferre said:

That would be the best MGS ever! Imagine The Boss doing missions working for SAS like the dummy raids or the snatch missions.

We could also see her a little green before she fully develops her CQC techniques and her relationship with the Sorrow an dthe rest of Cobra unit!

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'll go talk to Kojima right now and order him to start this game!!lol